How to update your Sprites to HG/SS!

Umm, I did this,but my sprites didn't update. Do I have to reinstall shoddy?
You have to delete the old ones and then extract the new ones there , it worked for me.

Also , you can replace the sprites with anything , even spam images or recoloured sprites like I did :). If you have trouble recolouring/removing backgrounds or anything else , drop me a PM.

Remember to just pass the info to people who don't know. Also, like AccidentalGreed said, the back sprites have stayed the same ever since D/P. One more thing I'll try is animated sprites, so give me about an hour or so, and I'll tell you guys how to animate sprites.

Sorry for the double post, but for some reason, my edit button is missing, like I see the quote button, but my edit button is missing... Very Strange... (Chaos must've done this. =O)

Anyways, Animated sprites don't seem to work. It just reverts back to D/P Sprites. Well, it was worth a shot, seeing as we could use animated sprites in Shoddy.

Uhh I'm on Vista and I don't have an App Data folder. Is there another way, cause I tried creating the path and it didn't work.
I have vista, and found difficulty finding app data. I just opened up the file for shoddy (that I got by searching), then deleted out all the text after "app data" on the computer location bar on the top. That will get you there.

I hope I worded that well enough...

Edit: I tried to unhide the folders as lord blood suggested in the OP, but it didn't work, so I did what I said. Though, there's no reason for it to not have worked, so I'm assuming that I messed up.

You have to delete the old ones and then extract the new ones there , it worked for me.

Also , you can replace the sprites with anything , even spam images or recoloured sprites like I did :). If you have trouble recolouring/removing backgrounds or anything else , drop me a PM.
Thanks so much! The new sprites are so ugly. =/

see i dragged the whole HGSS.zip folder and dragged it to 1.0. Then, I extracted the files into the front normal etc. and deleted the old sprites. Do i also have to delete thumbs?

Hey, can you give me a download link or something so i can get the hg/ss animated sprites? i dont really need them for shoddy, if you can, thanks a lot then!

Well, after I tested animated Emerald sprites with RB Golbat, I learned that Shoddy's code only supports non-animated sprites. So therefore, to create HG/SS animated sprites would take a couple of weeks to complete because you would have to animate each sprite since no one has a pack of animated HG/SS sprites ready.

I have vista, and found difficulty finding app data. I just opened up the file for shoddy (that I got by searching), then deleted out all the text after "app data" on the computer location bar on the top. That will get you there.

I hope I worded that well enough...

Edit: I tried to unhide the folders as lord blood suggested in the OP, but it didn't work, so I did what I said. Though, there's no reason for it to not have worked, so I'm assuming that I messed up.
It took me a little while to actually find the folder, but it worked, thanks.

I don't get it done. Can anybody send me a pm with some more extended descriptions. I really am a nobody with computers. I have Vista:D
So please help me out

Just unhide the folders following the guide on the OP then download the file and drag the folders inside the file to the 1.0 folder replacing everything.

I updated and now whenever a Crobat comes into battle a Golbat sprite appears. It's working great otherwise.

Does this happen to anyone else? I think it's probably easy to fix but it's still kind of strange.

Edit: Apparently this only happens with the front, non-shiny, FEMALE sprite. I fixed it on mine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)