ORAS OU huge power destroyer. Peaked around 1700

Hello I made a team that's build around Cofagrigus. I did this because in my opinion the huge powers (azu, Mega-Med, and dig) are way to OP, same for the late game sweeper lopunny. The ability of Cofagrigus is mummy and that means When a Pokémon with this Ability is hit by a move that makes contact, the Ability of the attacking Pokémon will become Mummy. what means huge power users are pretty much useless. the idea is to scout for a fake out or weak attack and your done, medicham will lose he's huge power and lopunny her scrappy and because of that can't hit you anymore. I peaked around 1700 with this team, but there a still some improvements bacause im still verry weak against some mons example sub/leech seed serperior. I hope you guys can help me with find a way to deal with those threats.
LETS GO TO THE SQAUD:D.

Cofagrigus

The big star of the team: it sports a unique ability in Mummy, which allows it to defeat Pokemon that rely on their abilities, such as Azumarill, Mega Medicham, and Mega Heracross. Cofagrigus's diverse movepool that includes Haze, Will-O-Wisp, and Toxic Spikes allows it to differentiate itself from other walls and gives it a decent defensive set to work with, as it is extremely hard to turn Cofagrigus into setup bait.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Rest
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

chansey:
I was trying to build a balanced team. and with Cofagrigus as physical wall I also need a SPdeftank.
and I chose chansey for the job. Astronomical HP and Special Defense, combined with the ability to use Eviolite, makes Chansey the ultimate wall in OU. now I'm verry weak against bisharp's knock off losing chansey's eviolite and super effective on the mummy. thats why I chose my next pokemon.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Charizard-Mega-X:
because you can't knock off anything from a mega and the good bulk of mega-zardx it was the best choice I could go for at this point. the combination of a base 130 Attack and essentially a 1.33x boost on both of its main STAB moves thanks to Tough Claws allows it to OHKO most foes at +1 with STAB Flare Blitz, meaning it can sweep almost effortlessly through teams, especially given how easy it is to set up with such a great defensive typing.

upload_2016-7-1_20-40-44.jpeg

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Entry hazard removal is an absolute must, as having Charizard lose half its health makes a huge difference in the game so a spinner or defogger was needed.

Latios:
ltios is one of the best offensive Defog users in OU. has decent defensive typing allowing Latios to comfortably absorb hits from the likes of Mega Charizard Y and Keldeo and, my team was very weak against thos mons atm so latios was a great choices. I gave latios energyball to hit seismictoad en unaware sire hard.

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball

At this point my team would have been destroyed by gengar, except for chansey but she can't do crap against him becauase of gengar's immunity.
Gliscor: Gliscor stands out from its OU brethren thanks to its aptitude at breaking down stall and balanced archetypes due to its access to reliable recovery in Roost, immunity to status, access to Taunt to shut down defensive cores, and hes great ability. when Gliscor is poisoned it can switch into Knock Off freely. Gliscor is also a good answer to a host of threats such as Gengar, Clefable, Mega Sableye, explaining my choice why Id go for Gliscor. Also gliscor is most time my lead bacause he can taunt tankcomp and defensive land.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Earthquake

For my last pokemon I chose choice scarf jirachi, he;s solid defenses and typing allow it to check Fairy-, Dragon-, and Psychic-types, such as Mega Diancie, Kyurem-B, Latias, Latios, Clefable, and Mega Alakazam, and it notably is one of the best switch-ins to Mega Gardevoir for bulky teams. U-turn gives me also momentum what can be really important.

upload_2016-7-1_21-0-10.png

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish

Threats

There are a few pokemons as you encounter them you just forfeit.

Sub/leech seed serperior, I don't have a solution to beat it. just forfeit.

spedef talonflame with bulk up: its realy hard to kill when he has setup.

mega slowbro. calm mind? just forfeit

choiceband ttar. don't realy have a swith in on a stone edge/crunch.

I hope you guys can help me out because I reeally like this team.

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
Hey man, nice team. I think one of the biggest threats to your team is Bisharp. After a Swords Dance, Bisharp can sweep your team if it's running Jolly, as it outspeeds your Gliscor and OHKOes it with a +2 Knock Off after Stealth Rocks. Weavile is also a huge threat due to the lack of switch-ins to its STABs. In addition, you only really have one check to it in Scarf Jirachi, which needs its Scarf to kill it, meaning that you're going to have to sack a Pokemon before bringing Jirachi out to check Weavile. Mega Slowbro is also annoying to the build because after a Calm Mind, it's pretty much over since it cannot be hit by a critical hit, and none of your Pokemon can really damage it outside of Hex Confagrigus, who is Physically defensive and is 2HKOed by +1 Scald after Leftovers. Calm Mind Suicune is annoying too, because after one or two Calm Minds, your only way to handle it is by tricking Jirachi's Choice Scarf onto it, which isn't the most reliable way to deal with a huge threat. With Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, and enough Special defense to survive a Life Orb Draco Meteor from Latios, Specially Defensive Talonflame is a huge conundrum to the build as well because it can single handedly kill your entire team with Stealth Rocks up. Mega Metagross as a bit of an issue as well since there's not much on your team that can come in on its STABs and coverage. Your Physical tank, Cofagrigus, doesn't reliable recovery, and is gonna be worn down by your opponent repeatedly going for Meteor Mash and switching out, repeating the process. Mega Pinsir is a huge threat to the team as well because it simply just breaks your defensive core of Gliscor and Chansey. I understand that Cofagrigus will get rid of Pinsir's Aerialate, preventing it from sweeping, but the thing is, your opponent doesn't have to go for the sweep right away. With Pokemon such as Gliscor and Chansey who cannot damage Mega Pinsir severely, Mega Pinsir can set up at anytime during the battle.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-394007309 this is what I'm talking about(For the Mega Pinsir statement).

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 244 HP / 8 Def Gliscor: 329-387 (93.4 - 109.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

+1 0 SpA Mega Slowbro Scald vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Cofagrigus: 154-183 (48.2 - 57.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

+2 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cofagrigus: 274-324 (85.8 - 101.5%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

My first suggestion will be to replace Jirachi with Rotom-W. I wouldn't use Jirachi on this team because Choice Scarf Jirachi usually doesn't fit defensive builds such as this one. You could use a Specially Defensive Wish user to cover the Fairy weakness better, but the thing is that will make you even more susceptible to Bisharp and Suicune. On the flip side, Rotom-W isn't setup fodder for Bisharp and can reliable beat any variant of Talonflame 1v1. In addition, it can take a +2 Close Combat from Mega Pinsir and burn it for the remainder of the game, unless your opponent carries Healing Wish support. Rotom-W gives you its positives, but there are drawbacks. For instance, Taunt/Calm Mind Gardevoir becomes one of the biggest threats to your team, as Chansey, the only Pokemon on your team that can take a Hyper Voice, is not able to Softboiled if Taunt. If Mega Gardevoir is Calm Mind, Chansey is 2HKOed by +1 Psyshock, and cannot do anything in return bar Seismic Toss.

+2 252 Atk Mega Pinsir Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-W: 204-241 (67.3 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

My next suggestion will be to replace Charizard X with Mega Scizor. In my opinion, Mega Scizor fits this team better than Charizard X because on a balanced team like this, it's better to use a more bulky setup Pokemon, rather than a more offensive setup Pokemon that usually fits aggressive builds. In addition, Mega Scizor is a great Metagross switch-in, as it's never 2HKOed by Hammer Arm after Stealth Rocks, and it can beat it 1v1. Mega Scizor can also switch into the aforementioned dark types, Weavile and Bisharp, and can kill both of them with Superpower, or simply just Roost off the damage. Furthermore, Mega Scizor also beats Taunt Mega Gardevoir, a threat to the team after the Rotom-W change, with Bullet Punch.

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Hammer Arm vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 103-122 (30 - 35.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 87-105 (25.3 - 30.6%) -- 8.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 248 HP / 16+ Def Mega Scizor: 222-263 (64.7 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

44 Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 504-596 (185.9 - 219.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

My third suggestion will be Pain Split>Rest on Cofagrigus. While both moves are not exactly the most reliable recovery moves, Pain Split is definitely the better fit for Cofagrigus. On one side, Rest makes Cofagrigus fall asleep, not being able to switch into Pokemon such as Mega Heracross and Mega Medicham anymore. On the other side, Pain Split can keep Cofagrigus healthy throughout the match, without being forced to fall asleep.

My 4th suggestion will be to change 3 attacks+Defog Latios into Calm Mind+Roost Latios. With Charizard X off the team, I don't think hazard removal is completely necessary. Meanwhile, Calm Mind Latios is a fantastic wallbreaker that can beat the bulky water types such as CM Suicune and Calm Mind Slowbro, especially since Psyshock hits Suicune's Physical Defense, which cannot be boosted by any viable move Suicune carries.

• Lastly, I suggest Toxic>Knock Off on Gliscor to simply wear down defensive Pokemon such as Mega Slowbro turn by turn.

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 8 Def / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Good luck m8!

shoutouts Jordn

thnx for the feedback!
I think you're right about jirachi I normally use a scarfer on every team I build but it doesnt fit in this one. rotom checks alot of threats you mantion and I defenitly going to trie it out. I wil also try out colurbberry latios I think it fits the team well and I can still use mega zard x, for the mega metagross problem, Cofagrigus is a pretty good switch in, it takes he's ability and can burn him, rest up and heal bel with chansey. my only problem is sub/leech seed serperior. any ideas to counter him?

BreloomMyHomie

Golden State Warriors Bandwagon Fan
I'm not sure on colbur berry latios because it still dies to +2 Life Orb Bisharp sucker punch. For the rest+Heal bell situation, that's not going to always work since Cofagrigus is your only legitimate Heracross switch-in. Sub Seed Serperior is a problem though if you don't have Toxic Spikes up. What you can do is Life Orb Tornadus with Taunt over Latios. You still beat Suicune and Slowbro 1v1 since Taunt prevents both of them from getting up Calm Minds.

Indigo Plateau

is a Community Leaderis a Top Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
UU Leader
Hey man, I agree with most of Breloom's changes but one thing I'm gonna add is trying out NP Cofrag as your team struggles with bulky waters (CM Cune and CM Bro) and you already have Rotom + Mega Zor for hard physical hitters. I also suggest running more Def instead of so much SpDef on your Mega Zor to better check Sand bc you don't need that much SpDef to survive HP Fire from Latios as you have a Chansey/Gliscor already. NP Cofrag is also still bulky enough to help you w fighting types. Your team is really Keld + Ttar weak which are all over the place rn but I can't find a quick way to fix it w/o changing members.

If you're fearing SubSeed Serp then Latias > Latios + Chansey could potentially help esp with Keld weakness but you lose offensive presence.

Also, on your last RMT post you didn't post proof of peak, so you should do that on this one before getting it removed from the title again. Just pointing it out before you lose credibility. gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)