Hyper Offense: A fast paced RMT

I like to play fast. I have tried out stall teams and find my own patience stalling out before the opponent's Pokemon. I have tried balance, but I can't ever seem to get the balance right. I have even gone as far as to try strategies like Baton Pass teams and even Hail Teams. This team has flaws. I can spot a few of them from a mile away, but I am hesitating to fix them. I am 12-0 with this team so far which is the best record I have ever had with any team in a while. I think I may have finally found a team that can win more games than it loses for me. Instead of blabbering on about this, I will just present to you, my team:

My Team​

This team has a simple goal. Obliterate the competition before they can do the same to me. In order to achieve all of this raw power, I have to give up some things. First of all, I give up move freedom. 4 of my 6 Pokemon have a choice item. I also give up some type coverage. For example, I have 2 Pokemon weak to electric moves (one being 4x weak), but I don't have a ground type. This is just because no ground types offer the power that this team needs. In the end, I think this worked out because I am off to a 12-0 start. Now I bring this team to you, Smogon. Help me all you can. I thank you in advance.

Breloom (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Seed Bomb

This is the best lead I have ever used. It might seem odd at first, but this lead is simply amazing. I actually hesitated to post this RMT because people might try to copy this lead. It is actually your standard Breloom. I always start with Spore then switch out. This does a few things for my team. It keeps the team offensive, it allows me to avoid Stealth Rock for the game, as the opponent usually doesn't switch out their lead. It lets me completely disable the opponent's lead. It gives me an opening for Metagross to come lay it's own Stealth Rocks down. It even lets me bring it back in later in the game as a fully potent revenge killer. This lead can do everything and does do everything nearly every game.

---
Metagross @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP/236 Atk/12 Def/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion

This is my psuedo-lead. It always comes in after my Breloom spores the opponent's lead. Most Breloom counters tend to have trouble with this Metagross which helps me even mroe. I made a few variations from the standard lead set for it to fulfill it's role. The most obvious is the absence of Bullet Punch. With focus sash no longer being a factor, I rarely need it. Instead I pair up Meteor Mash and Earthquake for a great attacking combo. Very few things can resist it. After setting up Stealth Rock and Metagross' time seems to be up, I explode to take out the opponent with me.

---
Togekiss (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 64 HP/192 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere
- Tri Attack

The raw power of Choice Specs Togekiss is sometimes unbelievable. It has great defensive stats, but more importantly, it can dish out more damage than a Japanese buffet. Air Slash is my move of choice for bulkier Pokemon who attempt to take on Togekiss. I can usually flinch them to death before they can recover. Even Blissey can only take a few Air Slashes before going down. Tri Attack is also there for STAB and it's 60% chance of freezing, burning, or paralyzing the enemy. The other two moves are for coverage against those annoying steel types that try to ruin my fun.

---
Porygonz @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Adaptability Try Attack coming off of a base 135 SpA stat is no joke. It is comparable to the damage output you will sometimes find in ubers. The BoltBeam combo is there for coverage while HP fighting can take out the Tyranitar that this set tends to lure.

---
Gengar (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Trick
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Gengar is my answer to fighting moves for against my Porygon-Z and ground moves against Metagross. It functions similarly to my Togekiss. The only difference is that what Togekiss carries in defenses, Gengar carries in speed. If the enemy just killed me with a Pokemon that is too strong for my 2 Choice Scarfers to take out (which is saying something) I will bring this little guy in. He has three great coverage moves, but what makes him special is Trick. Trick allows Gengar to cripple many Pokemon my team might struggle with. Any walls that manage to wall me somehow can be disabled by Trick. These walls with Choice Specs tricked onto them provide a great opportunity for me to set up and sweep. That brings me to my final Pokemon.
---

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Bounce

This is the closest thing to a wall I have. And that says a lot. This Gyarados finds it easy to switch in and get a dragon dance off of. This is made even easier by Gengar's ability to lock walls onto a single move. Togekiss also lures out any Pokemon wielding electric or rock attacks that I should be aware of before attempting to sweep. The set itself is self explanatory. I decided to go with the bulkier version because I need checks to the likes of Scizor and Lucario who abuse priority moves.

There is my team. Once this server error gets fixed, I will get pictures onto this RMT. Until then, I accept all types of criticism. Just make it helpful. I will read and respond to every post. Don't be afraid to post any suggestions at all. Thank you in advance.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well first you have 4 choice users and 2 of them are Spec'ed. This can mean that Blissey can be a great threat to your team.

Also Choice Scarf Tyranitar can really hurt this team as Togekiss struggles with it due to SS boost, Gengar is OHKO'ed by Pursiuit, Porygon Z will get Ko'ed by pretty much whatever attack T-tar is locked into, and Gyarados, while surviving, is hurt by Stone Edge which limits its chances to sweep, especially is stealth rock is up.

Breloom is a nice lead but with Roserade and other sleepers running round some leads eg Metagross, run Lum berry which allows it to SR or attack while avoiding the first sleep move.

A Zapdos hurts your team as it can roost off damage and KO Togekiss, Gyarados and hurt Breloom with Heat Wave.

You obviously like the anti lead Breloom set so ill leave that but drop Porygon Z. It is too fragile for OU especially with many teams with priority in OU (eg Scizor). Swap it for a Mixmence or DD to help break down walls better.

Authough Gengar is similar to Latias I feel that Specs Latias does a similar job to what Gengar does can but hits things slightly harder without resorting to using moves that tend to miss.

Next give Gyarados the offensive DD set as it fits better with your team style of hyper offense.

Lastly drop Togekiss for Infernape which is perfect for a hyper offense team. The Nasty Plot may work best as then you can still fire of Special Attacks but can now hit blissey with Close Combat if she try's to sponge Fire Blasts.

Note that all of the above are purely suggestions for your team. Feel free to not use them but I think that at least some of them can help your team better. However i definatly recomend that you have a mixed sweeper to help with stall and that you drop Porygon Z as it is too fragile in todasys metagame. Also consider a pokemon that can set up on Pursuit users such as Lucario (authough that can give you a third fire weakness) as it allows you to regain momentum against ememy scarfers.

Well first you have 4 choice users and 2 of them are Spec'ed. This can mean that Blissey can be a great threat to your team.
I have actually found Blissey quite easy to handle. Togekiss can usually take on a Blissey as Aura Sphere is a 3HKO and Air Slash can also help out. Meanwhile I tend to same Gyarados and Gengar for late in the game. This way, Gengar can lure out a Blissey and trick Choice Specs onto her. Gyarados can renter all forms of Blissey useless with taunt and a great physical attack stat. I haven't seen a Blissey carry Thunderbolt in a while. I see why you say that, but my team has actually made quick work of Blissey every time I have met the pink ball of death.

Also Choice Scarf Tyranitar can really hurt this team as Togekiss struggles with it due to SS boost, Gengar is OHKO'ed by Pursiuit, Porygon Z will get Ko'ed by pretty much whatever attack T-tar is locked into, and Gyarados, while surviving, is hurt by Stone Edge which limits its chances to sweep, especially is stealth rock is up.
That is definitely a problem. I have yet to fight a Scarf Tyranitar with this team now that I think about it. Porygon-Z is scarfed itself and could revenge kill with HP fighting and Breloom could Revenge kill with Superpower, but this is just another reason to get a ground type. I just wish I could find a powerful one.

Breloom is a nice lead but with Roserade and other sleepers running round some leads eg Metagross, run Lum berry which allows it to SR or attack while avoiding the first sleep move.
I have run into this a few times. It does mean I have to deal with Stealth Rock and can be annoying, but it isn't really a game breaker. At the end, I still disabled an opponent's Pokemon after it only being able to use one move.

A Zapdos hurts your team as it can roost off damage and KO Togekiss, Gyarados and hurt Breloom with Heat Wave.
And this is just about the last piece of evidence I need for a bulky ground type. I know Zapdos usually carries HP Ice, but at the very least, I will be able to survive it. The only thing I can really think of now is a Flygon.

You obviously like the anti lead Breloom set so ill leave that but drop Porygon Z. It is too fragile for OU especially with many teams with priority in OU (eg Scizor). Swap it for a Mixmence or DD to help break down walls better.
I most likely will do that. It hasn't actually been doing as much for me as I had hoped. I will probably go with Mixmence since I lack a single mixed attacker. I also don't want to have more than one sweeper that requires a set-up. I have tried that before and it has only worked on my team that was based off of getting dual screens up the whole game.

Authough Gengar is similar to Latias I feel that Specs Latias does a similar job to what Gengar does can but hits things slightly harder without resorting to using moves that tend to miss.
I guess this kinda shows how far behind I am in the metagame. I stopped playing just around the time that Latias became unbanned so I never got to play with it too much. I will definitely try it out in it's place.

Next give Gyarados the offensive DD set as it fits better with your team style of hyper offense.
I thought about this for a while and decided to try out bulky. I have been in many tricky situations that taunt and the extra defense EVs have helped me out of. I need the bulkiness there so I have a check to Scizor who otherwise runs over my team.

Lastly drop Togekiss for Infernape which is perfect for a hyper offense team. The Nasty Plot may work best as then you can still fire of Special Attacks but can now hit blissey with Close Combat if she try's to sponge Fire Blasts.
Togekiss has helped me a lot, but I will try out Infernape in it's place while testing out your suggestions.

Note that all of the above are purely suggestions for your team. Feel free to not use them but I think that at least some of them can help your team better. However i definatly recomend that you have a mixed sweeper to help with stall and that you drop Porygon Z as it is too fragile in todasys metagame. Also consider a pokemon that can set up on Pursuit users such as Lucario (authough that can give you a third fire weakness) as it allows you to regain momentum against ememy scarfers.
Those are great suggestions and I am gonna be taking things one (or three) steps at a time. I am gonna be testing out Mixmence, Latias, and Infernape now. After seeing which ones I will keep and which ones I won't (by tomorrow afternoon) I will start to worry about bringing a ground type (maybe Flygon for Salamence?) in and maybe even a Pokemon that can set up Pursuit.

What I am testing:
Porygon-Z ->Mixmence
Gengar -> Latias
Togekiss -> Infernape

Thank you ginganinja! Your help has been very constructive and exactly what I expected out of a RMT. By tomorrow, I will have the changes you suggested that I like after testing made on the actual RMT. That is also when I will add pictures now that the database is back up.

porgon blows
You're obviously to stupid to think of anything besides a false statement. Ever fought a Nasty plotted porygon? Kthbai.

One problem I see with your team is, since you don't really have a single poke invested in much in defense, switch-ins may damage your team. All of your pokes, besides Metagross and possibly togekiss, will be damaged more than you'd like by switching into a normal effective move. This means, in my opinion, bring in a bulky ground;) It'll defend against both Zapdos and Tyranitar, 2 major threats to your team. Gliscor comes to mind, or even Mamoswine, if you'd prefer. Gliscor can run an offensive set, following your theme, a stallbreaker set, which could benefit your team, or even a baton pass set to increase the power of Metagross and gyarados. A gyarados with SD is a force to be reckoned with, and easily sweeps whole teams by itself, as long as it outspeeds. If you run a baton pass set, consider replacing one of your choice items with a life orb, possibly passing agility to porygon Z then sweeping because of perfect type coverage? Or pass SD to a phys attacker that you replace for Porygon Z. Mixmence is a great option. You can also run a Mamoswine set for a great attacker with decent bulk, to switch in on Zapdos or Ttar and nail with a priority Ice shard.

I disagree with ginganinja on switching out Infernape for Togekiss, because I think Togekiss is the glue that keeps your team alive with its special atack combined with bulk. I think if you remove proygon Z, you should keep Togekiss.

This is a great team, but because of the Hyper Offense, status inflicters and stallers may pose a major problem, and even enemy sweepers that are allowed to set up will hurt you. Replacing one of your special attacker fora bulkier Physical, and including Gliscor will gift this team with versatility it didn't have before.

I'm not that experienced of a player, and these are just opinions, so if this current one works for you, then by all means, use it.

Hey. You said you were considering a mixmence? I personally love salamence as it is my favorite poke and have developed countless sets just for salamence. I have just recently started using a new mixmence and you might want to check it out. It might not be exactly what your looking for on your team but it packs a punch when I use it and maybe you'll get the same amount of use out of it as me. Anyway, here it is.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Hasty(+SPD -DEF)
EVS- SPD(252) SP.ATT(252) ATT(6)
EVS(alt.)- SPD(252) SP.ATT(196) ATT(56)

Earthquake
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast (Flamethrower is an option)
Aqua Tail (Hydro pump or Stone edge both work here)

Overall this set has worked great for me. the last move slot is based purely on your preference for coverage. Hydro pump is not as appealing to me because if you've used Draco Meteor then the power goes down. Stone edge might be the better option(over aqua tail) as it provides great coverage with earthquake. The thing i love about mixmence is you can only use physical or special attacks for a majority of the game, only to surprise your opponent at the end with a different attack. This is one of my favorite Mence sets (personally i prefer purely physical) and I encourage you to at least try it out. Let me know what you think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)