I suck help me fix this

I'm relatively new to B/W, and after playing for a little while this is what I've come up with. It does ok but not always so this is where I want your guys' opinions.

Metagross @ Leftovers Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

I usually lead with this. The main goal is to set up rocks, which it usually doesn't have too much trouble doing. It has a good defensive type and takes hits pretty well from most things, and can also do some respectable damage. I see quite a few tyranitar and dexoys-S leads, and this guy handes them both very well. It can take a hit from politoed but it hurts, and ninetails is the main lead that gives it trouble. I use leftovers instead of life orb, because this thing really isn't meant to sweep, and it just doesn't stay around long enough with life orb.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

Not much to say here. It switches in against special hits and uses the opportunity to either heal status or attempt to hit something with toxic. Seismic toss is for things that are immune to toxic, and softboiled keeps me alive. I've considered switching to blissey, and would like to hear what other people think regarding the two.

Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Night Shade
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Disable

This is meant to be a physical wall. The immunity to fighting pairs nicely with chansey. Most physical attackers have a lot of trouble here. Anything that tries to set up on this risks being burned, and I've actually had quite a few people attempt to do this, particularly with tyranitar and dragonite. Disable works well against set up moves (not many physical pokemon are really that threatening to this guy after using their boosting move once), substitute (if that substitute can't be broken by one night shade however, there can be problems), and hp recovery moves. Usually this thing forces a switch after it has been warn down a bit, and the opponent realizes it's not the best idea to try to get through, and hitting whatever comes in with pain split (especially early in the match) can be nice. This things dead if it gets hit by toxic, which is another reason chansey works well with it. This guy isn't meant to take special hits repeatedly but it can to a slight degree.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock slide

Revenge killer, and my favorite one so far. Rock and fighting moves hit things that don't resist them or aren't dedicated physically defensive pokemon very hard, and the type combination is pretty good. X-scissor is for reuniclus and celebi mainly, and the occasional mew, alakazam, or shaymin. I use rock slide in the last slot because there are some things where the improved accuracy over stone edge makes it the better option (mainly late game things that don't want to be up against this, but could potentially cause problems if stone edge missed). It also has the flinch rate, and I guess it's possible to run out of pp with stone edge, although I don't think I ever have. The only other option I would consider is earthquake to hit electric types harder, although the main ones I see are either immune to it or hit super effectively by something else. The other options are things like aerial ace, poison jab, normal moves, and more fighting moves, which I would never use. This things ability also pairs nicely with dusclops, as switching him into a predicted dark attack will give it an attack boost.

Volcarona (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fiery Dance
- Hidden Power [Rock]

I like this guy as a special sweeper. The main thing that lead me to use this was ferrothorn. When the opponent switches ferrothorn in for the first time, I switch in this. I don't usually try to set up on them right away because they might have thunder wave. If they do try to thunderwave they're dead, otherwise I get a free boost to special attack which might be helpful depending what switches in. Fire/bug gives decent coverage, and rock is nice against dragonite, salamence, and gyarados. I like leftovers more than life orb because it sometimes makes setting up easier and lets it last longer. Heatran and chansey/blissey both take its hits pretty well so having terrakion around for them is helpful. Scaring scizor away is helpful to terrakion and starmie.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

With volcarona, I needed a spinner. I chose starmie because I felt like my I needed some more special offense on my team, and I like what starmie can cover. Gliscor can be a problem for every pokemon on my team except starmie, who deals with it easily. Thunderbolt is also my only real way of dealing with jellicent. This thing cleans pretty well later in a match too. It doesn't really last that long, but that's not what it's meant to do.

--

The pokemon that usually causes me the most problems is jirachi. The paraflinch set is annoying, but if it doesn't invest in special defense (which it usually doesn't) than volcarona can hit it fairly hard, and paralysis can be cured later. The calm mind and specially defensive sets have given me a lot of problems, and jirachi gets even more annoying in the rain. This might give me another reason to use earthquake on terrakion, however switching him in on iron head, fire punch (burn), or something that can paralyze might not work so well.

Jellicent can give me some problems as well. Starmie's thunderbolt is the only thing that hits it fairly hard. If jellicent switches into a setting up volcarona while it's not raining, I can beat it sometimes, unless it carries toxic. Finding a way to throw in a grass move somewhere on my team might help, because I currently have no way of rotom-w and gastrodon (and quagsire and swampert) super effectively. The last thing I should mention that gives me trouble is tentacruel. Starmie hits it fairly hard with thunderbolt and gets rid of its toxic spikes, but that's all I really have against it. I guess that's another thing that might support putting earthquake on terrakion, although I would have to be very careful binging him in.

So yeah suggestions are welcome and let me know what you think.

If you want to keep this current team then I suggest making Metagross a physical sweeper and put agility on it. Put Earthquake for Jirachi and Thunder Punch for Jellicent and Jellicent has terrible defense so Thunder Punch should do fairly good amount. Just make sure the Jellicent doesn't have Willo Wisp and if it does then I suggest trying to get some attack raises with Meteor Mash. You can put a Lum Berry on Metagross just incase some pokemon tries to burn you or paralyze you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)