I Suspect that it will rain tomorrow (Suspect RMT)

Well, the Manaphy test has started recently, so I made a team and I'll let you rate it! Yippee! Let's get going shall we?

At a Glance:

This is a general rain team that I made to abuse Manaphy's ability. The strategy here is that Jirachi sets up rain and uses Parafusion to soften up the opponents for Kingdra and Ludicolo. Jirachi assists the two with Wish and Damp Rock rain dances afterwards. Once the three perish, Zapdos sets up some rain so Manaphy and Jolteon can get rid of the remaining Pokemon.

In Depth:

Jirachi @ Damp Rock
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Water Pulse
- Wish

Jirachi is a very proficient lead with just about anything, and Rain Dance is no exception. Damp Rock provides 8 turns of quality rain to take advantage of. Jirachi is quite capable of taking advantage of the rain as well. Serene Grace lets Thunder paralyse most Pokemon and Water Pulse is rain boosted with a nice chance of confusion. Later on in the match, Jirachi can pass Wishes to weakened sweepers.

Kingdra (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/16 Spd/240 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor

Kingdra is an absolute monster. He is capable of outspeeding Timid Scarfran in the rain and can destroy just about anything on both sides of the spectrum. This Kingdra is mixed, so walling isn't an option. Waterfall is the main attack here, coupled with Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor to destroy anything physically bulky. Rain Dance lets Kingdra continue sweeping without a good Rain summoner.

Ludicolo (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam
- Rain Dance

Ludicolo has an interesting typing that couple each other nicely. Surf and Grass Knot provide dual STAB, hitting a wide variety of Pokemon for great damage. Ice Beam halts the Grass types that resist the above two moves. Rain Dance also lets Ludicolo properly sweep for a few more turns.

Zapdos @ Damp Rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/80 Def/176 SDef
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Roost
- U-turn

Zapdos' primary role is to provide some rain for a final sweep with Manaphy. Like Jirachi, Zapdos can take advantage of the rain as well. Thunder coming of an Electric STAB and 125 Base Sp.Atk will hurt alot. U-turn brings Zapdos out of the match while giving some damage to the opponent. Roost increases Zapdos' time on the field, which helps if he's the only surviving Pokemon.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 80 HP/176 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Tail Glow
- Rest
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Manaphy is the star of the show and the latest Suspect test. Decent stats all around are great tools that Manaphy can use. Tail Glow is an extremely exclusive move that only Manaphy and Volbeat can use, even though its identical to Nasty Plot. After a Tail Glow, Manaphy can instantly heal to full health with Rest + Hydration. After this, Manaphy can make a successful sweep with Surf and Ice Beam.

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Shadow Ball
- Baton Pass

The only thing that stands in Manaphy's way is a strong Electric attack. Jolteon can absorb said Electric attack and put a stop to the new menace's presence. Thunder lets Jolteon use the rain to its advantage, Hidden Power Grass hurts bulky waters and Shadow Ball hurts the Rotom formes. Baton Pass can assist in scouting. Besides, there isn't much else Jolteon can do with a Choice set.

So there you go. That's my Suspect Rain Dance team. Feel free to leave comments and constructive critisism as you leave. Good night.

I play with Rain Dance teams alot, and I can spot a few problems. Kingdra aside, Blissey walls your entire team. Even then, it might outstall Kingdra with toxic. You can run Leech Seed on Ludicolo to help, but not recommended. You definitely need a physical sweeper that can abuse rain. Say this Kabutops set for example.

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Yes, ripped directly from the smogondex. It works. I suggest you replace Jolteon with it. You can run a similar Qwilfish set if you're having trouble with Toxic Spikes. Celebi, Tyranitar and Abomasnow can cause big problems to this team as well. I suggest you run Signal Beam on Kingdra to help with the Celebi problem. I highly recommend this Scizor set.

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Brick Break / Superpower
- X-Scissor

This counters Celebi, Tyranitar and Abomasnow all at once. Or Dugtrio, but its kinda outdated. Of couse, anyone with a brain will not keep them in against Scizor. With Stealth Rocks, constant switching will take its toll. I have no idea what you can take out for Scizor. Speaking about Stealth Rocks, they are extremely important in a fast-pace offensive team like this. You have no Stealth Rockers. Try this Bronzong set over Zapdos.

Brongzong @ Damp Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Impish Nature
- Explosion
- Rain Dance
- Reflect / Hypnosis
- Stealth Rock

It does the same role as Zapdos in your team, a bulky Rain Dancer. It can go boom on problems as well. However, I like Zapdos in the team alot. I suggest you run it over Jirachi as your lead if you really want to keep it. Lastly, one important thing is that you run Energy Ball over Grass Knot on Ludicolo. GK does crappy damage to opposing Manaphy and Vaporeon. EB can 2HKO Gyarados and Milotic, if thats what you're worried about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)