I think the current theories on IV breeding are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this on another board, and a few people have agreed with me that there's something we don't know about IV breeding... So, in an effort to get all of this figured out, I'm posting this here...

So I've been sitting here, breeding my high IV Beldum and high IV Ditto for over 2 days now, and I've noticed that for some odd reason, my babies aren't coming out with high IVs where they should be.

Now, I'm breeding for Adamant Beldum, so I put the Everstone on my Adamant Ditto. What I'm noticing is my Adamant babies are all coming out with similar IVs. Usually, the Atk/Def IVs are high, along with Sp.Def....but the HP, Sp. Atk and Spd IVs are low. This has happened in like..70% of the Adamant babies.

From what I understand about IV breeding, 1 IV is taken from each parent and put in any stat on the baby, then 1 stat is chosen at random from the parents and put in any stat. Then, the other 3 stats are randomly generated. I think this is wrong, and I've been thinking about it since I noticed all of my Timid Vulpixes coming out with similar stats, as well.

What I'm thinking is that the stats chosen from parents are not always placed in random stats, but actually in the same stat the parents have. Obviously, this is not true for 100% of the babies, but it is for most. If they're not at least the same IV, they are *Around* the same IV that the parent had in that stat.

I dunno, maybe I'm just having unimaginable bad luck, but to me, 2 parents with high IVs in MOST stats should = babies with high IVs, for the most part. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

I go up to about level 15-20 (I accidentally used up my rare candies to check for a particular baby and saved, so I have to Exp. Share and manually level since I don't feel like doing a Wi-fi battle just to check...) and then I look at the range using Serebii's IV Calculator. What I find is that the IV range is about the same in like..70% of the Adamant babies. I'm not quite sure what this means as a pattern, I'm just sort of trying to connect it on the fly.

make sure youre putting in the EVs that they gained with EXP share...not doing that will mess up your calculations.

Both of you should just read the guide entirely. The research is so thorough and the effort so...so....enormous that it's an offense to the writers not to consult it before trying to say anything about breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)