I'll be quitting Pokemon, and so should you

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
http://www.womanist-musings.com/2010/04/disability-as-game.html

I finally came to the realization that I was playing a game that is disableist. This article opened my eyes to this travesty. Disabilities are not a game and Pokemon has been making light of this fact for 5 generations now. Paralysis is a serious condition and people are often made fun of for their condition. Not only does this game make light of paralysis, there is even a move called DISABLE. The games are downplaying the seriousness of disabilities. I think the Pokemon games are taking this too far, they need to remove paralysis and other racist, homophobic, and sexist ideals from their games before I pick up another copy. Who is with me?

breh

強いだね
god damn it I read this as you quitting pokemon and I was like "awww one less vgc player"

anyway, the article is old, but humorous to read.

Some time ago I just realized that people this retarded exist in this world so, why do I even bother getting angry?, just a waste of time, let them sink in their own ignorance

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I too, will be quitting Pokemon. This game is extremely offensive to everyone who sleeps. I sleep every night! How dare they make a mockery of what is, to me, a precious time spent.

I and others like myself, who need to sleep, are born without a choice-- we can't help but sleeping. Making fun of our condition is cruel and insensitive!

<><><>

What the FUCK is an unhusband? this damn moron

I think it's some dude that you've been with for a while and it's like you're married but you're not married. So they're like a husband but they're not, so they're an unhusband.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What kind of self-respecting man would want to live with that

edit: She'd have to have REALLY massive titties to make up for it.

norulz

excellent
this or the 'evolution in pokemon games' rant

i cant decide which is worse but it's probably a tie

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
not only is this game extremely disablist, it is also racist!
thief, while not necessarily racist itself, is a DARK typed move!
and this is not where it ends!
pickpocket, an ability that will automatically steal the item of any pokemon the owner of this ability comes in contact with, is exclusive to dark types, with a single exception: seedot, which later evolves into a dark type!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)