ORAS OU I'm not stalling I swear, I'm just thinking (Mega-Lopunny)

So after three or four remodels of my OU team including my absolute favorite mega (Lopunny) I think I've finally found it's niche as a team, and so far, it's been a damn good niche. Most people rage quit before I can even bring out Mega Lopunny (which is kinda disappointing but I'm not complaining about a free win. So without further ado...

Cripples (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave

My go to lead, pretty much always. Cripples, well, cripples most leads and really puts the pressure on the opponent immediately. Trick puts a choice scarf on leads rendering them pretty much useless which most of the time will allow me to get a free thunder wave crippling the lead even more or whichever pokemon they decide to switch into. Volt Switch also allows it to scout should I deem to use Trick for a later poke. 252 in SpA give my boy over here some pretty decent STAB power securing OHKOs on M-Diancie, Talonflame etc.

Joy (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Fire Blast

Despite being the cutest Pokemon of the first gen, she is also a killer. A damn killer. Pretty standard calm mind set, although I opted for Wish over Softboiled because I wanted her to be able to act as a semi-cleric and pass along wishes to any teammates in desperate need. Honestly, after a couple calm mind boosts, no one is safe. I tossed Flamethrower and Fire Blast around quite a bit but chose to have power over consistency because like i said, she's a killer, not a pushover.

Basilisk (Serperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Serperior was always my favorite Gen V starter and I'm so glad he became viable once Contrary was released. Again, a fairly standard set, with honestly only two true counters in Talonflame and Charizard after a Leaf Storm boost or two. I chose to go with glare for predicted counter switch ins to give my already decently speedy team more speed control and no one like to be paralyzed. Serp is a mean, green, fighting machine that scares almost an entire tier.

Casper (Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Recover

Alright so I'm sure everyone was wondering why I chose TWave on Cripples over Will-O-Wisp, and this guy is why. "Oh it's just a Jellicent, I'll KO it with Knock Off, right?" Wrong. Thanks to its EV investment, Casper over here has survived an adamant Bisharp's Knock Off and ruined it's day with a Will-O-Wisp. And with that testament, I'm sure you've deduced that this thing can survive just about any hit and absolutely wreck with Will-O-Wisp and Hex. Thanks to other teammates providing status, he often gets plenty of opportunities to fire off a 130 STAB attack that hurts just about everything. Also, he is the absolute perfect Keldeo check (which my team doesn't really struggle with but hey, why not make Keldeo's life as miserable as possible.) Recover to allow longevity and maximum annoyance.

Arthur (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Stone Edge

We're almost to the finale, I promise. So I needed a fairy killer (like badly) and I also needed a physical wall breaker so my mega could clean up real nice. So, what better for the job then Entei? Oh, you thought I was done with the statuses? Lol sorry not yet, nobody likes to switch into a banded Sacred fire, not even Azumarill or Ttar because thanks to a great 50% to burn, it can make them completely useless. Extreme Speed lets it be a great revenge killer. Bulldoze if I predict a Heatran switch and Stone Edge for the Zards and Talonflame. Pretty standard wall breaker here.

Playboy (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

For the love of god. Make sure your SafeSearch is on when googling Mega Lopunny...like...sick bastards out there. Anyway, the star of my whole team and my favorite mega. Thanks to her blistering speed and excellent ability in Scrappy, she gets perfect neutral coverage with her only true checks being Rocky Helmet Landorus, Talonflame, and Unaware Clefable. Substitute over Fake Out because when working with power-up punch it allows her to avoid status and set up freely and trust me, after a Power-Up Punch or two, this girl is unstoppable. Mega-Sableye who? After her counters are gone, you can pretty much call it game if she's powered up.

Welllllp that's my team. Obviously it has it's flaws. I've noticed the Pokemon that causes pretty much my whole team trouble is Mega Manectric but I honestly don't see it all that much. if you guys see any flaws I don't or have any suggestions, I'd love to hear!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)