In Your Opinion, What's the Best Typing (DEFENSE)?

What's the best typing to you? (Defensive)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone: It's me again. I told Misty (thanks!) to lock the previous thread due to the number of poll options unavailable for both offense and defense at the same time, plus many polls were rarely used (such as Poison/Dark) while the "ELSE" option was overwhelming (kinda what'd happen before I take consideration into making that thread, but now I have a better idea, this should be a much more successful thread. This thread would only be focusing on OFFENSE. I will have another thread running for Defense, and MAYBE one for Balanced if these threads go well. Please STAY ON TOPIC and do not troll off. :naughty: And sorry to those who voted in the other thread, but since this is a slightly different topic, let's get started, shall we?

An OTHER option will still be available here, and will be taken care of so don't worry. I'll post the 9 most possibly popular choices in the poll and the Else as the 10th option. This thread is mainly for discussion and tell others about your opinions. Maybe people can take ideas for the CAP project as well, but that doesn't matter. Anyways... Here goes the big question :D
Code:
What is the best Defensive typing for you?
This can be something non-existing such as Ghost/Water, as well as things that do exist, such as Dragon/Ground. ABILITIES will NOT be factored into the poll options, but feel free to mention it in a reply. Please also take in consideration that things like TOXIC, STEALTH ROCK, SPIKES and other moves that would cripple offensive Pokemons.

I will make a thread for the BALANCED later (possibly this Friday) if this all goes well.

Normal/ghost is still my hero, I love the way it walls gengar. *drools* Nothing else is a sure counter, thanks to explosion, hypnosis, scarf, stab shadow ball, focus blast. This beast could have volt absorb too. <3... :D

Volt Absorb? Why not Motor Drive when you got that :P. Although I don't see how that'd help. If there's such thing as Dark Absorb... Then it'll pwn.

Btw I'd like Levitate on Ghost/Steel.

I'd like to see a Ghost/Steel type. Immunity to Poison and Fighting. And if given Levitate, it loses another weakness, having only to worry about Fire (basically another Bronzong)

Dragon / Steel is still my favorite typing as it is resistant/immune to Pyschic, Grass, Poison, Electric, Water, Normal, Steel, Rock, Flying, Bug, Ghost, and Dark. That is 12 very common types (Poison and Steel probably being least common as attacking types, everything else is fair game though). Since it technically isn't weak to Fire, Ice, or Dragon because of the typings balancing each other, it makes it a much bigger threat. I would love to see a Pokemon sent to OU next generation with a Steel / Dragon typing and then be abused with Gengar.

I'm torn between Ghost/Steel and Ghost/Dark

Ghost/Steel has more resists but Ghost/Dark has less weaknesses

They both have 3 immunities. 4 if given levitate.

Ghost/Steel with Levitate:

Immunities: Ground, Poison, Fighting, Normal.

4x resistances: Bug.

2x resistances: Grass, Rock, flying, Ice, Dragon, Psychic, Steel

Neutral: Electric, Water, Ghost, Dark

2x weaknesses: Fire.

Ghost/Dark with Levitate

Immunities: Ground, Psychic, Normal, Fighting

4x resistances: none.

2x resistances: Poison.

Neutral: Grass, Fire, Electric, Water, Rock, Flying, Ice, Bug, Ghost, Fighting, Dragon, Dark, Steel

Weaknesses: None.

IMO, Ghost/Steel with Levitate is better since immunity to Toxic on a wall/tank is probably more useful than immunity to Psychic attacks since you probably already have something to take care of any Psychic users on your team, and Ghost/Steel resists Psychic anyway. The 4x Bug Resistance combined with its Fighting Immunity, as well as its Rock, Ice, and Flying resistances also makes it a perfect counter to Heracross and Yanmega, provided they don't have Natural Gift Fire or Hidden Power Fire. Not to mention that list of resistances is sexy. Its Steel typing also makes it a good switch into Fire Punch-less Gallade.

As it is, it resists over half the metagame while being weak to only 1 attack. In this heavily offensive environment, having the right resistances/immunities is often more important than having fewer weaknesses. I mean, just look at Celebi and how often it's used despite having 7 weaknesses (one of them a 4x).

Why do you keep making threads like these, haven't they all been closed?
"It's me again. I told Misty (thanks!) to lock the previous thread due to the number of poll options unavailable for both offense and defense at the same time"

Isnt it actually that he made it get closed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)