In Your Opinion, What's the Best Typing (OFFENSE)?

What's the best typing to you? (Offensive)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To MOD/Admin: Can one of you change the option ICE/FIRE to ICE/FIGHT? Thanks a bunch!

Hi everyone: It's me again. I told Misty (thanks!) to lock the previous thread due to the number of poll options unavailable for both offense and defense at the same time, plus many polls were rarely used (such as Poison/Dark) while the "ELSE" option was overwhelming (kinda what'd happen before I take consideration into making that thread, but now I have a better idea, this should be a much more successful thread. This thread would only be focusing on OFFENSE. I will have another thread running for Defense, and MAYBE one for Balanced if these threads go well. Please STAY ON TOPIC and do not troll off. :naughty: And sorry to those who voted in the other thread, but since this is a slightly different topic, let's get started, shall we?

An OTHER option will still be available here, and will be taken care of so don't worry. I'll post the 9 most possibly popular choices in the poll and the Else as the 10th option. This thread is mainly for discussion and tell others about your opinions. Maybe people can take ideas for the CAP project as well, but that doesn't matter. Anyways... Here goes the big question :D
Code:
What is the best Offensive typing for you?
This can be something non-existing such as Ghost/Water, as well as things that do exist, such as Dragon/Ground. ABILITIES will NOT be factored into the poll options, but feel free to mention it in a reply. Please also take in consideration that things like THUNDER WAVE and other moves that would cripple offensive Pokemons.

I will make a thread for the BALANCED later (possibly this Friday) if this all goes well.

Others:
Fight/Ice
Ice/Ground
Ground/Flying
Bug/Psychic

I guess dragon fighting, I think only ghost steel resists it. Plus fighting is such a good type and with dragon you'll hit everything.

I would say

Fighting/Ice

Hitting 9 types for SE damage, while the duel stab, I believe, is unresisted by anything that isnt water/poison or water/psychic (opt out Shedinja).

Oddly i dont understand why Ghost/Dark is listed in the poll, they have almost the same super effectives and not very effectives, just that Normal is immune to ghost while Dark is resisted by Fighting.

Psychic+Bug is a pretty decent attack combo, which is why i love Venomoth so much ;)

Why is Ice/Fire there? It's a horrid attack combination. Waters and fires wall it. Thick Fat pokemon wall it too. And if it's a typing, it'll prolly be the first pokemon to lose 75% HP upon switching in.

Dark + Ghost is another redundant coverage. I've no idea why izzit there.

Edit: I'd say a stab Ghost + Fighting attack is pretty nice. STAB Shadow Ball + Aura Sphere would rock! And until now, nobody resists both yet(no normal ghost yet)

For me, it's dragon/fighting or ghost/fighting. I've been messing around with CB Dragonite a little, and the Outrage/Focus Punch combo absolutely decimates everything if you predict right (of course). Dragon in general is just a really good attack type with only steels resisting it, and Focus Punch there to absolutely murder switch-ins is simply grand. MixMence is also good at abusing it it, and with Flamethrower it's even better for taking out Bronzong, Meta, and Skarm.

Ghost/Fighting is also really great and a lot of pokemon can abuse it. Gengar is the most popular and hitting everything in the game neutral is really awesome, especially with Shadow Ball STABed. Mismagius is also really good with it, and a lot of other pokemon can use the combo effectively.

There are a lot of good combos, but a lot of the time it has to do with the pokemon available to abuse them rather than the combos themselves.

Easily Dragon/Fight for me.

Unresisted unless a ghost/steel comes out and has access to some of the best moves of the game: Outrage, Draco Meteor, Close Combat, and Aura Sphere. Pack some SE move for Shedinja and you're golden.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
needs more grass/fire love...that's very nice coverage in the suspect test...
Walled by Dragon (Salamence, Dragonite), and Fire (Heatran, Infernape). Considering I see these pokemon like most every match, I got to say that even if fire/grass hits a lot of OU pokes for super effective, not getting past a few key ones is problematic. Especially when the Salamence and Heatran share no common weaknesses, and are infact resisted to each others weaknesses to a large extent. Meaning you have no 3rd complimenting attack. Infernape ends up needing not just Fire/Grass, but Fire/Grass/Fighting/Ice, and ends up losing out on a lot of other options. That being said, infernape still rocks :P

Meanwhile Garchomp is like, I got room for swords dance!

Dragon/Ground, but also Ice/Ground and Normal/Water, because affecting STABbed at least in a neutral way the entire Metagame, except some Pokémon (Skarmory and Shedinja for Dragon/Ground; Bronzong and Shedinja for Ice/Ground; Empoleon and Shedinja for Normal/Water). I think there are also others ...

Dragon/Fighting is ridiculous, but so is ghost/fighting. Unfortunately, there are no pokemon that get STAB on both types, and if we are to assume there will be new pokemon with these types, then we can assume there will be a floating ghost/steel, which rapes dragon/fighting and is only hit neutrally by ghost, thus tanking their hits. Currently I find Water/Dragon to be the best typing in Ubers(Palkia) and in OU Dragon/Ground (Garchomp or even Flygon), since they only need a fire attack for Skarmory/Bronzong.

gotta go with dragon/fighting only walled by ghost/steel, and sense theres no way in hell a dragon/fighting pokemon won't be able to learn a fire and/or ground move not much can stop it

I'd have to say Flying/Fighting. The only thing really holding Staraptor back is lack of fighting STAB

just think of what a beast a flying/fighting would be with 2 120 bp STAB moves. It could have Stone Edge to take care of Zapdos. If it's special attack was decent enough, then HP ice could be used to take care of Gliscor.

edit: I guess it's kind of outclassed by dragon/fight in a way, but oh well I already voted.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh, I just thought of something even more funny-- Dragon + Bug + Tinted Lenses . . . or rather, just Dragon + Tinted Lenses in any form would be funny.

I personally think Ice/Ground was more deserving of being on the poll than Bug/Electric or especially Ghost/Dark, but anyway, any combo that includes either Ice or Fighting is pretty good, and Ice/Fighting itself is pretty darn awesome, but I voted for Ice/Electric, due to the types being somewhat more accessible and having better moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)