In Your Opinion, What's the Best Typing?

What typing you think is best?

• Fire/Dragon

Votes: 19 12.1%
  • Water/Dragon

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Fire/Water

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Ghost/Steel

Votes: 22 14.0%
  • Normal/Ghost

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Ghost/Dark

Votes: 25 15.9%
  • Poison/Dark

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dragon/Ground

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Steel/Psychic

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Else (Please post a Reply)

Votes: 26 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In your opinion, what's the best typing? This can be of typing that doesn't exist yet, such as Water/Ghost, or typings that already exist, such as Ghost/Dark. It's just for opinion...

Not sure which forum should this go under but I'll post here for now. If it's wrong, a mod/admin feel free to move it.

My personal favorite is Fire/Dragon. Please only vote ONE as your MOST favorite typing possibility. And anything may be possible as Fire/Water could be some kind of Yin Yang Pokemon >.<

The reason I like Fire/Dragon is: Only thing that resists both of its STAB stops it is Heatran, and Earthquake/Earth Power, if it happens to have it, kills Heatran, as well as Hidden Power Ground. It has STAB against Steel types, such as Bronzong, Metagross, Scizor, Foretress, Skarmory, and many other Pokemon... While of course, most important of all, it is only NEUTRAL to Ice type attacks. This Pokemon's STAB attacks (Dragon/Fire), along with HP Ground/Earthquake/Earth Power, can take down much of the most commonly seen OU Pokemon, such as ALL STEEL TYPE (100% covered with Ground/Fire combination) and all DRAGONS other than Dialga, which is still Uber, and covered by Ground attacks.

Side Note: NO ABILITIES is factored in.

So far, the other types of votes are:
Dragon/Steel
Dragon/Fight
Bug/Water
Ghost/Fight
Fight/Ice
Flying/Fight
Water/Flying
Fire/Grass
Water/Grass
Fight/Steel
Ghost/Fight
Fight/Ground

I've always quite liked water/dragon. Though somewhat lacking in resistances, it gives you one single weakness, which is most respectable.

Further, the typing offers STAB on two of the most reliable attacking types, hitting pretty much everyone not named Empoleon for at least neutral damage and offering powerful moves on both the physical and special side.

Sides, Kingdra is damned cool.

I'd have to agree, Water/Dragon is the best all-around type. It's solid both offensively and defensively, as opposed to Ghost / Dark, which is really only good defensively. Granted it's really good defensively, but if we're talking the best typing overall, I'd have to go with a type that has both resistances and hits a fair number of foes for at least neutral damage.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hmm, probably Dragon / Fighting for me. Pretty much unresisted offensively, has three weaknesses that are absolutely obvious in terms of Pokemon that use them in Flying, Psychic and Dragon, and an Ice weakness that is certainly nearly as obvious.

Also those nifty Fire, Water, Grass, Bug and Dark resists make this easy to switch in as well.

The best typing for me would probably be fire/dragon, I always wanted a dragon type that can use a fire-type move as a STAB against steel types.

I voted for other typing and that would have to be Steel/Dragon because it resists ice and it should be bulky enough to withstand some dragon moves to. Ground shouldn't be a problem because of its' dragon typing so that's my favorite/best typing.

Dragon/Steel

Resists:
Normal/Water/Grass/Electric/Poison/Flying/Psychic/Bug/Rock/Ghost/Dark/Steel
Regular:
Fire/Dragon/Ice
Weak to:
Ground/Fighting

Give it some defences and you've got a wall for effectively 75% of all Pokémon.

I would say ghost/steel. Provided it had decent all round stats, I think it could be part of a good defensive core.

I think people are underestimating Surskit's typing. Bug/Water is a cool typing that resists Ground, Fighting, and Ice, the 3 most common attacking types.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm not going to vote and I don't think what I'm about to suggest is the best (it's probably Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Fire), but for a while I've though Flying/Fighting would be an awesome typing. Three reasons:

1) fantastic offensive STAB that's an obvious upgrade to Normal/Flying, since the types Normal is NVE or ineffective against are Rock, Steel and Ghost and when you replace Normal with Fighting you get SE damage and retain your Flying answer to Ghost

2) only weak to Psychic, Flying, Ice and Electric, and the first two have really become more rare in DP compared to Advance

3) not weak to SR, which is almost good enough in itself

A Flying/Fighting poke would be a fantastic answer to Tyranitar and especially Heracross, threatening STAB 4x SE damage to both and only taking at most neutral damage from their popular physical options (Stone Edge).

Fighting/Ice with a BIG Spa could make a very good sweeper,in my personal opinion,it hits:Dragon,ground,bug,rock,grass,dark,steel,flying with STAB 10/17 is very good forn only two slots
For a wall i would choose water dragon,only dragon hits him hard,with respectable stats...not exaggerated...i dont want that poke to become UBER

I absolutely love steel/psychic. The two types balance out a lot of each others weaknesses, while still resisting quite a few, namely dragon, ice, ghost, rock..

While it does still have weaks to fire and earthquake, both pretty common attacks, 2 weaknesses is still a great thing to have, and while it has more weaks than water dragon, which i also love, it also has more resistances.

That, and i love metagross, bronzong, and jirachi more than kingdra and palkia. :P

I'd like to say Posion/Flying would be a great Defensive typing. While Crobat has respectable defenses, they really come to shine when you combine them with Roost and his 130 Base Speed. The weakness to Ice, Electric, and Rock disappear on the turn you Roost with Crobat. Poision/Flying has 3 4x resistances to Grass, Bug, and Fighting (which is the most on any pokemon so far). The immunity to Ground gives it the leg-up against other Posions (sans-Gengar). However, the Flying type can also cause problems. A weakness to SR and being unable to absorb Toxic Spikes hurts.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh god I have to go with Dragon/Fighting. I almost chose Fire as secondary typing, but pretty much every dragon gets flamethrower/fire blast anyway, whereas they normally do not get a decent fighting attack (brick break lol), and fighting is a much better attacking type than fire.

So if our "ultimate pokemon" had like CC/Outrage/Fire Blast/Anything it would be pretty ridiculous.

If we were talking about offensive typing, I'd go with any Dragon type with a STAB priority move. So if Giratina got Shadow Sneak, that would be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)