Infernape [4N] - Choice Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Edit the nature too. If Close Combat isn't being used, then Timid is the obvious choice, since you'd only be using special attacks, and you wouldn't have to lower a defense.
Actually, he'd probably want to slash Naive and make a note about it in the set comments.

Why is Infernape running max Speed? I'd just give it enough to reach 332, 196 Spe I believe, outspeeding Mixape and 176 Speed Latias. Putting that little bit into HP or SpD can go a long way. In HP, it guarantees you survive a LO Shadow Ball from Gengar after Stealth Rock, as well as a small chance to survive a Naive ScarfTran's Earth Power after Stealth Rock.

Since you are not going to be surviving many Earthquakes or Close Combats, you could just put the 60 remaining EVs into SpD to further your chance of surviving said attacks. You don't have Life Orb like other Apes, which is why this can actually work. Situational it is, but not quite as situational as needing to tie with an opposing Infernape or outspeed a max speed Mismagius.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)