Information Gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have a request for finding statistical data.
The data in question: the most popular moves used on all Pokemon overall in the tier.
Explanation: I am currently working on a Competitive Pokemon-related project. To perform it better, I thought it would be a good idea to learn the most used moves across the tier.
Ideally, I would like to know the most popular moves being put on all the Pokemon from ALL tiers, but I don't know if a person could procure that level of information, so OU will have to start. Ideally, the list of information would formatted like one of these pages (https://www.smogon.com/stats/2023-07/gen9ou-1825.txt).
I am aware that when I say 'moves', some of you may think I am asking for 'movesets', such as this page here (https://www.smogon.com/stats/2023-07/moveset/gen9ou-1825.txt). While close to what I'm thinking of, I am not looking for the popularity of moves on an individual Pokémon-by-Pokémon basis; I'm looking for the overall list. Essentially, I'm just focusing on the move section. I could probably make guesses as to what moves are the most popular, but having the factual numbers would be more useful.

Now, because I'm asking for statistics, I'm assuming that this request can only be procured by the higher-ups of this community, which makes my request perhaps too haughty. However, if it could be done, it would be treated appreciated by me, and possibly other members of the community.

EDIT: Upon analysis of the moveset page, I would like to ask for a list of the most popular competitive items in OU, if it is possible.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
Hey ThunderBrine,

The resource you’re looking for doesn’t exist per se, but you have access to it in the moveset data you linked. If you want to know how common U-turn is for example, add up the number of Corviknight * percentage of them that have U-turn + number of Landorus-T + percent of them that have U-turn…etc.

It’s a bit tedious, but you already have access to the actual data, you just need to format it how you want. The same strategy will work with items as well.

Also this forum is specifically for writing analyses, so I’m going to lock this thread and remove it in a day or three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)