From Adamant Dragonite- 49.11%-57.65%

Stone Edge
From DDTyranitar- 40.95%-48.31% After one DD- 61.23%-71.97%
From CBTar- 61.23%-71.97%
From Rhyperior- 42.35%-49.7%

Close Combat
From CSHeracross- 93.24%-109.74%
From Max Attack Lucario- 85.29%-100.4%

I'd do Earthquake, but I have to go to work. Anyway, my Slaking could definately be a force, even with it's negative defense. Only problem is, Truant is still a terrible trait....

Attacks against Slaking:

Outrage
From Jolly CSChomp- 43.74%-51.49%
From Jolly CBChomp- 65.41%-76.94%
From Adamant CSChomp- 47.91%-56.46%
From Adamant CBChomp- 71.77%-84.49%

From Jolly Dragonite- 44.73%-52.68%
From Adamant Dragonite- 49.11%-57.65%

Stone Edge
From DDTyranitar- 40.95%-48.31% After one DD- 61.23%-71.97%
From CBTar- 61.23%-71.97%
From Rhyperior- 42.35%-49.7%

Close Combat
From CSHeracross- 93.24%-109.74%
From Max Attack Lucario- 85.29%-100.4%

I'd do Earthquake, but I have to go to work. Anyway, my Slaking could definately be a force, even with it's negative defense. Only problem is, Truant is still a terrible trait....
I'd run Rash, as your Slaking seems to be designed to switch into physical attacks for the most part.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it is still designed to be able to take a Draco Meteor from Specsmence, because it has 190 EVs invested in Sp Def. Still has the same problems as the former one, with Steels, Rock, Ghost, Cresselia, and Hippowdon walling it. Ice Beam lets it hit certain physical tanks better, but doesn't really change much at all.

Well, I guess forcing the dragons / Gyarados into a checkmate position where they have to either run or die backed up by defensive capabilities to absorb any hits coming from them makes this Slaking a little formidable. Still, I wouldn't just call it a Specsmence or Garchomp counter and bring Slaking right into Specsmence's Draco Meteor; you still need a good tank or atleast a solid Steel to take the dragon's hits. Slaking's Sp Def EVs is just for safety measures. Otherwise, Slaking would be crippled by the first STAB hit and would be a dead weight for the rest of the game. The rest of the team has to make up for Slaking being easily walled and set up on, as well. Stealth Rock set up would also be manditory imo to punish the dragons everytime they switch out.

Still has the same problems as the former one, with Steels, Rock, Ghost, Cresselia, and Hippowdon walling it.
Damage calc says Hippowdon can be 2HKO, and it won't be Slacking Off anytime soon.

Earthquake should probably go over Return, nay? I'll run some damage calculations tomorrow, but right now I need to work....:avatar:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The damage calc does indicate a percentage that is usually a 2hko, but Slaking has Traunt, so it doesn't. Max HP Hippowdon would therefore Slack off and stall =/

not that it really matters, IBeam's main priority is for dragons and hitting ground or grass is more of a luxury...atleast for this particular set.

The damage calc does indicate a percentage that is usually a 2hko, but Slaking has Traunt, so it doesn't. Max HP Hippowdon would therefore Slack off and stall =/
Dammit, I always forget that stupid Truant. At least Slaking makes for a good revenge killer.

With the new Pokemon Desukaan (Cofagrigus) Slaking can pull the following set

Mummy Monkey
Leftovers
252 Atk 252 Spe 4 Hp
Adamant/Jolly
Pursuit
Return
Earthquake
Slack Off

Step 1: Get Cofagrigus hit by a contact move somehow.
Step 2: Switch to Slaking. Hopefully your opponent doesn't switch.
Step 3: Pursuit the mummified opponent. Your Slaking no longer has Truant, but now has the Mummy ability.
Step 4: You now have a 160 base attack, 100 base speed tank whos only weakness is its low Special Defense. Start sweeping.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Cofagrigus is a 5th gen pokemon. Irrelevant in Stark Mountain. Post that in Slaking or Cofagrigus's page in UT.

Fire Punch > EQ so that you can hit Skarm, firstly.
Also Slaking doesn't have Slack Off I thought...

Nice 4 year bump btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)