ITT: Car Fetish

Ford can rebrand themselves all they want, they are still Ford and they still suck outside of trucks. As for the drivetrain you should only go for RWD if you plan to race competitively. If that's not important to you, just stick to FWD.
I like my ford focus 2012 :(

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Currently drive a Grand Prix GT, getting rid of it soon for a '12 Civic. I'll probably get it fully loaded and do some minor performance work to it like cold air intake and exhaust, but I won't waste my money on turbos because I need the gas mileage and longevity of the car. I'll always miss my GT, Pontiacs are surprisingly good cars. I have very fond memories of shocked faces of Mustang drivers as I beat them in a race :)

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Don't actually own a car, but dream car would be any m3 from the 80s-90s
more specifically, an e30 or an e36

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
I have a little more to add to what I said previously.

I drive in this kind of car right now because:

A) I have no money
B) I'm in college, so all my money goes towards that
C) I needed a cheap affordable vehicle that had good gas
D) RWD sucks in snow
E) I have no money

I said earlier that I'm the Subaru type, and that's because I drive in a lot of snow and those kind of vehicles are very sturdy during the winter up in MN.

Hyundai is definitely a top contendor in my lists as well. The Sonata is a beautiful vehicle, and if you lease one of those babies you can get some pretty nice adds on them. Not too shabby on the gas-mileage either.

One of the issues I definitely see is sometimes people aim a bit high with their dream-cars. This especially comes into play when purchasing a vehicle. Don't get too greedy, especially if you don't have a decent income or good credit. If you've built a solid history behind your belt and make good money, then go for a nice car. If you cant afford a new car, go for a used vehicle of the same year with low miles. My parents were able to pick up a used '08 Yukon back in '08 a month after they started selling the vehicles. It had about 2k miles or so on it, and they got it for a lot cheaper than if they would have purchased it new.

Also another thing you should make sure you account for is maintenance. The service contract you purchase, along with whatever other adds you get will definitely impact how much you will pay later to keep your vehicle in good shape. This is why leasing a vehicle can sometimes be really nice, because then you won't need to worry about maintenance as much (and service contracts tend to be cheaper on new vehicles).

I haven't worked in the car business to long, but after working for half a year in auto-finance, I can tell you, a lot of the choices you make before buying a car will definitely affect your ability to get a nice rig.

Edit: I may have sounded a bit like a douche in my post, so I apologize, it's just that playing the voice of reason has been a big part of my job. If you have the money for a nice vehicle, heck even 40k, putting that down to finance a nicer vehicle such as a Hyundai Genesis (these things ride very smoothly for luxury cars) or a sporty car like Mitsubishis, go for it. My only suggestion is that you keep practicality in mind when buying your car, because it is an investment you must be willing to make. It's like making a commitment in a relationship.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Right now I drive around a Honda Fit (which isn't actually mine, it's my mom's, and my brother drives it a hell of a lot more than I do), but I've been looking into saving up my money for my own car once I actually get up off my ass and get a job. Since I want to learn how to drift, all I've been looking at are cars with RWD and a manual transmission, particularly Mk3 Toyota Supras since I don't want to drive around a Nissan 240SX at any cost.

Of course, what I'd love to drive is something old school and badass.

Oh yeah.

What I am driving:

What my mom thinks I'm driving:

What society thinks I'm driving:

What my friends think I'm driving:

What my girlfriend thinks I'm driving:

What I really want to drive:

SkyNet

MediEvil!
I'm currently driving a 5th gen Honda Prelude, I drive like a grandad most of the time as the fuel economy is so bad. I would love a BMW 6 series, just need to save uo the cash!

. I have very fond memories of shocked faces of Mustang drivers as I beat them in a race :)
I have similar experiences pwning people with "ordinary" cars, so satifsying lol.

------------

Don't actually own a car, but dream car would be any m3 from the 80s-90s
more specifically, an e30 or an e36
It's good that you have a taste for retro cars, makes you appreciate the modern versions even better IMO.

-----------------

One of the issues I definitely see is sometimes people aim a bit high with their dream-cars. This especially comes into play when purchasing a vehicle. Don't get too greedy, especially if you don't have a decent income or good credit. If you've built a solid history behind your belt and make good money, then go for a nice car. If you cant afford a new car, go for a used vehicle of the same year with low miles. My parents were able to pick up a used '08 Yukon back in '08 a month after they started selling the vehicles. It had about 2k miles or so on it, and they got it for a lot cheaper than if they would have purchased it new.
True advice, you can always ask around where rich folks dump their brand new vehicles which has a few thousand miles on it for the newer models and you get the best of both worlds.

------------------------------

LOL, well you need to step up your Horse Power if you ever want her to think your driving a Ferrari ;)

----------------

Since I want to learn how to drift, all I've been looking at are cars with RWD and a manual transmission, particularly Mk3 Toyota Supras since I don't want to drive around a Nissan 240SX at any cost.
Anyone want to help our friend pick up a good, affordable drifting car?

------------------------

I'm currently driving a 5th gen Honda Prelude, I drive like a grandad most of the time as the fuel economy is so bad. I would love a BMW 6 series, just need to save uo the cash!
If your gonna drive a BMW belive me your gonna speed and that is in no way saving fuel lol but good luck it's a good excuse to burn money :)

==================================================

http://www.autoshowny.com/galleries/

New York Auto Show 2012 Galleries :)

If you even remotely like driving you'd be crazy to not consider buying an EVO, even if it has a hefty price tag. Right now I'm driving a 1983 cutlass, so I definitely can't complain about not having an enjoyable ride. It's technically my dad's, but it's "supposed" to be mine. And yes, it is a beaner car, bit it's MY beaner car.

My dream car right now is the 2008 Lancer Evolution. It's just the sexiest Lancer ever made.

And, while they certainly are everywhere, Mustangs are definitely the cheapest and most reliable of any sports car out there today if anyone is really desperate for a high quality car.

My 1991 Camry survived 325,000 miles before it gave out and I recently bought one of these:

It's an SX model, though, instead of an LX. I'm reasonably happy with it, it gets decent gas mileage, and it's actually quite nice to look at. It's awesome to drive at night because of the sunroof it comes with. And the payments aren't killing me, either, which is awesome.

Well I only drive German cars, so I can't really help you, but I have a strong dislike for Honda.

After my current 3 series bimmer lease is up, ima get my A5:

This lease absolutely CANNOT end soon enough.

[youtube]R3_LqFluw90[/youtube]
Well to give the guy credit he knows where the bumper is and the car is kind of cute...in a sort of MILFish way, and she dresses red, you got to give him bonus points for that!

I wish I had money to own German cars, they combine Japanese durability with American nonsensical fun and add to it their own complicated German techno-stuff, they really make the perfect cars (they also have speed limitless roads too, so they have incentive too and a mothafrakkin car lobby that vetoes anything remotely fun limiting).

But I would own a Porsche if I would be given an option to own any German car. It's part legacy, part loving the same good old design, part it's the best handling car in the world, and it has power to boot too.

Also, does anyone know the designer the Koreans have been contracting lately? They have been doing one fantastic design after another...

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
and she dresses red, you got to give him bonus points for that!
lol'd

On who designs Korean cars, I have no idea, but then again I don't really care about who designed what car. However, I can say that I'm not a big fan of Korean car designs, with the exception of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. To me they look too much like ridiculously glorified Japanese cars, and I don't really like most of what's coming out of Japan nowadays.

Speaking of Japanese designs, does anyone else think they've really gone down from what was coming out of Japan in the mid to late '80s? For example, here's an AE86, with a 9th generation Corolla parked next to it:

Ignoring the ridiculously shiny rims which are obviously not stock, the owner of this car installing a bumper from the JDM equivalent, and the increased tire width, I actually like the design of Japanese cars like this one, the late '80s Supra, and the RX-7. Then again, I like pop-up headlights, so it's probably because the cars I listed in my previous sentence have pop-up headlights.

The Trueno is such a strange car. It's like the better looking cousin of a DMC-12. But Japanese design definitely has had good points:
Mazda Furai

Yes the blue and red lights are the head and tail lights, respectively
Nissan GT-R SpecV

Nissan 370Z

2005 WRX STi

Mazda RX-8 Mazdaspeed

Since we're all posting sick ass cars, here are two of my favorites:

Alfa Romeo Brera (The Bull):

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, that Brera picture looks too much like, if that particular one were a real car and not just some picture on deviantArt, that it would be owned by a ricer. By now I'm used to seeing that crap on Honda Civics, but putting that shit on an Alfa Romeo is just.... It's.... I can't even explain it, no offense.

For comparison's sake, here's a picture of an actual Alfa Romeo Brera:

Now that's one fine car right there. If they sold it in the United States, I'd be all over it.

I've noticed that Italians typically have some of the best car designs, though to be fair, they didn't get everything right...

Okay now let's go back to good-looking cars.

Lamborghini Countach - *insert any Jeremy Clarkson quote with "Countach" in it here*

Ferrari F40

Alfa Romeo 8C Spider

Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32)

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
ummm
it looks pretty
but you'd have to have it airlifted to your garrage and carefully slid into place
and then you'd never be able to get it out of your driveway onto the street without ruining the body
could anyone explain how impractical cars like these are appealing?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)