ITT: I interview girls about dating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I'm a longtime Smogon lurker, I'm also doing a project for school on dating. I need to a survey a big group of people and turn in the project

Can you guys help critique my questions?

1. Do girls prefer dating bad boys or nice guys?

2. Are gender roles sexist? Neccessary, e.g. Male being provider and protecter?

3. Who gets away with lying more
Thanks guys! I swear I'm not a troll.! I want to have a good discussion here!!

Share your thoughts!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD0E1gSr7fc

- I feel like girls tend to date guys that excite them, and that's usually bad boys or confident guys.

- Also girls always get away with lying lol

- And I will save my opinion on gender roles for later, that's such a juicy topic! Ok lol, thanks. I love you guys

Looking forward to Swaggersaurus' comment, I know he is a very chill member here, like I said I'm a lurker.

im sure the fine users of smogon will be happy to fill in their observations of girls in animes or w/e

im sure the fine users of smogon will be happy to fill in their observations of girls in animes or w/e
Thanks for your response Synre.

Maybe. It's mostly dating, but I think in Anime as well they date guys who are exciting and confident

I know for sure a lot of people here have been in relationships.

The OP says interviewing girls, and there are only like 6 openly female regulars established in the community here. Also I never said I had a lot, just a few

Hey I'm a girl, I can do this stuff

I really think it depends on the girl. Its not so much "bad boys" vs "nice guys". Its more that they want someone who is interesting (at least consciously, don't go into the whole subconscious thing here). Someone who they know will be worth the effort.

They are sexist, yes. But they did have a basis in fact, and to this day guys are stronger and more violent than girls (obviously, barring the exceptions). I don't necessarily agree with the roles, but I understand how they came about.

It depends on the relationship, and the type of people. But to give a blanket statement, girls usually get away with lying more, because girls in general tend to be more manipulative and can guilt trip really well.

boys who aren't ugly

if by this you mean boys who have money and muscles then yes

it depends on how good looking the guy is and how good looking the girl is

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
boys who aren't ugly

Unless you're physically disfigured, as long as you have the charm or the money then looks aren't as big a deal as they are for guys. I know too many people who are decent-looking but are hopeless with girls because they don't have the talk/charm/charisma...

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi vine whip!!

i was gonna say you should have just waited until your infractions expired but then cookie gave you a spambot infraction that never expires...

but i don't think you're a spambot...

Unless you're physically disfigured, as long as you have the charm or the money then looks aren't as big a deal as they are for guys. I know too many people who are decent-looking but are hopeless with girls because they don't have the talk/charm/charisma...
i think this post is spot on

i dont wanna get bogged down in quantifying looks and charisma and everything but as a general rule charisma is like the ultimate trump card

girls do get away with lying a lot i guess but people only get away with what you let them get away with sooooooooo

eta: i also think to get a more meaningful response you need to unpack the question "are gender roles sexist?" a little more

also pose it to girls with more than two brain cells between them!!

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i think most girls prefer bad boys generally because they seem to be more exciting on the outside even though theyre total douches

yeah definitely, the guy better be paying for ALL the dates
free food is the life

depends on which person in the relationship has lower self esteem and thinks theyre never gonna get another boyfriend/girlfriend

also this is probably not the best place to ask these questions lol

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Rich guys with big penises.

They aren't "not sexist".

Whoever is better at lying.

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Women prefer dating confident men. The "bad boy" archetype is predominantly viewed as more appealing to women primarily because they are confident and do not seek to please the woman at the expense of themselves.

There is nothing stopping a man from being both nice and confident. A man who is polite, sees value in himself, sees value in others, and lives uncompromisingly according to a set of his own ethics is most likely to be successful with women.

Gender roles can be sexist if used to given prescriptive advice about relationships, but there's nothing wrong with having a personal preference that conforms to standard social mores. My girlfriend is very much the "bake pies and clean the house" type, and I highly prefer that.

This is a stupid question.

First off, I'm the best lurker and the shittiest poster. No one can top me.

I can't say, as I'm not female. But, from what I saw, typically the people who piss me off get the chicks. So the 1st one, even though the term, "bad" isn't correct. Bitch-cunt is.

Hell yeah.

Whoever can keep a straight face while telling the most unbelievable shit.,

I usually am not one to go dutch and split the bill, but it really is up to the girl if she also wants to chip in half or at least pay for the tip (from my experience most don't. but a close friend of mine always wanted to split, no matter how expensive). And yeah, money still has a huge factor in getting a date especially when you can't afford to buy someone else dinner.

To the sexism piece, there are plenty of girls who wear the pants in the relationship. Sexism really is just all about perspective and to the person's interpretation.

lol, I'd be lying if I was telling the truth.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just like to point out that a lot of answers in this thread may stem from confirmation bias, especially the one about girls liking "bad boys". It's really easy to remember getting annoyed at your crush going with some jerk over you, as opposed to someone who she actually liked more than you and had a better chance of 'deserving' her in your eyes.

So what may be the more interesting part of this discussion is not how girls perceive bad boys but how people perceive girls perceiving bad boys!

Also lol, I would never do a project like this for school as it seems... extremely subjective. Still, it's your prerogative to choose your own projects, and it might make for interesting/shitty discussion. It could go either way.

...am I the only one who thought the title meant that you would be posting interviews / videos of you interviewing girls about dating? I mean, there are probably better places to ask questions like this than Smogon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)