IV indicator in D/P

I'm not sure if this has been posted before but I got this information off gamespot forums (okay, maybe not the most reliable place ) but I was wondering if anyone can confirm this information.

HP
:Loves to eat 0/5/10/15/20/25/30
:Often dozes off 1/6/11/16/21/26/31
:Often naps 2/7/12/17/22/27
:Scatters things often 3/8/13/18/23/28
:Likes to relax 4/9/14/19/24/29

Attack
:Proud of its power 0/5/10/15/20/25/30
:Likes to thrash about 1/6/11/16/21/26/31
:A little quick-tempered 2/7/12/17/22/27
:Likes to fight 3/8/13/18/23/28
:Hot tempered 4/9/14/19/24/29

Defense
:Sturdy body 0/5/10/15/20/25/30
:Capable of taking hits 1/6/11/16/21/26/31
:Highly persistent 2/7/12/17/22/27
:Good endurance 3/8/13/18/23/28
:Good perseverence 4/9/14/19/24/29

Special Attack
:Highly curious 0/5/10/15/20/25/30
:Mischeavious 1/6/11/16/21/26/31
:Thoroughly cunning 2/7/12/17/22/27
:Often lost in thought 3/8/13/18/23/28
:Very finicky 4/9/14/19/24/29

Special Defense
:Strong willed 0/5/10/15/20/25/30
:Somewhat vain 1/6/11/16/21/26/31
:Strongly defiant 2/7/12/17/22/27
:Hates to lose 3/8/13/18/23/28
:Somewhat stubborn 4/9/14/19/24/29

Speed
:Likes to run 0/5/10/15/20/25/30
:Alert to sounds 1/6/11/16/21/26/31
:Impetuous and silly 2/7/12/17/22/27
:Somewhat of a clown 3/8/13/18/23/28
:Quick to flee 4/9/14/19/24/29

Basically, for individuals:

31 HP: Often dozes off
31 Atk: Likes to thrash about
31 Def: Capable of taking hits
31 Sp. Atk: Mischevious
31 Sp. Def: Somewhat vain
31 Spd: Alert to sounds

I was kinda curious what would the note be if the Pokemon had two or more flawless IVs.

More like just use the freaking breeding guide we have for a reason.
Generally I don't post for redundancy (or at least I try not to) but I searched through the breeding guide and besides the one post that minister2 posted (which I doubt was even taken into consideration because its not edited into the guide itself), there was clearly NO indication of the IV notes of D/P pokemon.

If I'm wrong, please show me where. Otherwise, I think this makes for a suitable thread topic. Still, I'd like someone else to confirm this for me (which is why I don't think it was taken into consideration in the first place) before I suggest it be put into the breeding guide.

Even then though, the usefulness of the IV notes seems somewhat limited =\.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I still wish there was the IV man like in emerald whom would mention randomly which had the highest stat and whether or not it is flawless. At least the wifi single battle level 100 is the next best thing so long as wifi connection with another works.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In the case of two or more flawless IVs, the one that is displayed is randomly generated from my experience breeding. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
From my observations after just finishing hatching/checking 150-200 Skarmory eggs, if there are multiple 31s, whichever is displayed closest to the top of the list is the phrase that is shown. The priority order is HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed. If you see "Alert to Sounds" then you don't have any other perfect IVs, for instance, and if you see "Capable of taking hits" you don't have perfect HP or Attack but may have perfect in anything else after defense.

Expert Evan

From my observations after just finishing hatching/checking 150-200 Skarmory eggs, if there are multiple 31s, whichever is displayed closest to the top of the list is the phrase that is shown. The priority order is HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed. If you see "Alert to Sounds" then you don't have any other perfect IVs, for instance, and if you see "Capable of taking hits" you don't have perfect HP or Attack but may have perfect in anything else after defense.
While I don't have my game with me at the moment, I believe the stats are still random as I'll have to check some of the triple-flawless pokemon I had palparked over to pearl that at least had flawless HP. If all of them indicate as "often dozens off" then that's brilliant. I'll post an update later to confirm.

I don't have any hard proof right now, but I do not believe that what Asuka said is correct. For example, my Dialga is "Mischievous" meaning that all stats that come before Special Attack should be under 31 right? However, it also has flawless HP (I even leveled it up fully with rare candies to calculate, so it's a true 31 not just 30-31 or something like that).

aamto

on whom the three Fates smile
I don't think that's the case. My Gyarados, who has 31 HP/Attack/Speed/SDef displays "Somewhat vain."

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
That has actually been proven wrong, Asuka, unfortunately. Although, to be honest, it seems like if HP is one of the perfect IVs, its message has the least probability to be seen, while the Speed message has the highest. I really can't explain this, however.

Expert Evan

Here's a rundown of multi-flawless pokemon I have in pearl:

Feraligatr: hp/defense/sp.atk/speed = Capable of taking hits
ralts: hp/attack/sp.atk/speed = Mischievous
Pikachu: hp/sp.atk/speed = Alert to Sounds
Smeargle: hp/attack/speed = Often dozes off
ralts: hp/attack/speed = Alert to Sounds
Gligar: hp/attack/defense/speed = Often dozes off
Electabuzz: hp/attack/speed = Alert to Sounds
slowking: hp/defense/sp.def = Somewhat Vain
nincada: hp/attack/defense/speed = Often dozes off
Glalie: hp/defense/sp.def = Somewhat Vain
Chikorita: hp/defense/sp.atk/sp.def = Often dozes off
Jolteon: hp/sp.atk/speed = Often dozes off
Jolteon: hp/sp.atk/speed = Alert to Sounds
drowsee: hp/sp.atk/speed = Often dozes off
koffing: hp/defense/sp.def = Somewhat Vain
cloyster: hp/defense/sp.atk/speed = Capable of taking hits
rhydon: hp/attack/speed = Often dozes off
smeargle: hp/sp.atk/speed = Alert to Sounds
houndour: hp/sp.atk/speed = Alert to Sounds
charizard: hp/attack/speed = Often dozes off

I'm not sure if this works.

For example you have with the whole special attack thing: Mischeavious 1/6/11/16/21/26/31

But my Palkia that I just caught has Mischeavious and when I calculated the IV stats in Metalkids calculator (using rare candys to narrow it down) it says that I had these IVs for it:

HP: 11
Attack: 20
Defense: 20
Sp. Attack: 26
Sp. Defense: 13
Speed: 2

So can somone explain that to me? Did I do something wrong? Am I correct or going by the wording I should have a 31 in at least Special Attack?

I'm not sure if this works.

For example you have with the whole special attack thing: Mischeavious 1/6/11/16/21/26/31

But my Palkia that I just caught has Mischeavious and when I calculated the IV stats in Metalkids calculator (using rare candys to narrow it down) it says that I had these IVs for it:

HP: 11
Attack: 20
Defense: 20
Sp. Attack: 26
Sp. Defense: 13
Speed: 2

So can somone explain that to me? Did I do something wrong? Am I correct or going by the wording I should have a 31 in at least Special Attack?
No, I think you misread or something. The Characteristics are very handy for pointing out max stats, but that is not all they show up for. As it was posted earlier it will read Mischievous if the stat is 1,6,11,16,21,26, or 31. So any IV that ends in 1 or 6. So the Characteristic for your Palkia is correct, as it corresponds to the Mischievous criteria. Also, the characteristic is for the highest stat, which is indeed 26 on this Palkia.

EDIT: No problem, I'm glad I helped

No, I think you misread or something. The Characteristics are very handy for pointing out max stats, but that is not all they show up for. As it was posted earlier it will read Mischievous if the stat is 1,6,11,16,21,26, or 31. So any IV that ends in 1 or 6. So the Characteristic for your Palkia is correct, as it corresponds to the Mischievous criteria. Also, the characteristic is for the highest stat, which is indeed 26 on this Palkai.
Wow. Thank you very much for clearing that up for me. You are correct, I totally misread that but I understand it now. Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)