July: All Star ☆ Battle (tentative title)

I apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place, but I read this as the Doubles forum and thought it'd be nice to share here. What is the July: All Star ☆ Battle? It is an upcoming Wi-Fi Pokemon tournament sanctioned by the Pokemon Company/Game Freak that utilizes the double battle format. While the official rules haven't been announced, we know that Pokemon that have the dex numbers 1 through 718 are all legal. However, only two legendary/mythical Pokemon are allowed in a player's Battle Box. Most likely those specific Pokemon refer to the ones that are outlawed in the Battle Maison (Ex: Groudon, Mewtwo, Xerneas, Arceus, etc.). It is probable that the rules will be the same as VGC 2010, just with 718 Pokemon available.

Source for information: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/more-online-competitions-are-on-the-way/

What do you think will be some viable Pokemon in this? Perhaps the famed TopOgre strategy will be as popular as it was in VGC 2010...

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
moving this to the VGC forum since this is more for Smogon Doubles, which is simulator play, and something involving WiFi battles seems more up their alley.

It's messed up that you moved something that's obviously NOT VGC to the VGC section. Why would a VGC player want to begin to bother dealing with someone that put KYOGRE on their doubles team, let alone anyone competitively playing online in the actual game at all? And then there's Hitmontop...

Competitive play on WiFi entails the Battle Spot, which is flat, which obviously bans Kyogre, VGC or not.

It's messed up that you moved something that's obviously NOT VGC to the VGC section. Why would a VGC player want to begin to bother dealing with someone that put KYOGRE on their doubles team, let alone anyone competitively playing online in the actual game at all? And then there's Hitmontop...

Competitive play on WiFi entails the Battle Spot, which is flat, which obviously bans Kyogre, VGC or not.

July: All Star ☆ Battle (tentative title)
This all-star Double Battle competition will allow you to use any Pokémon you wish, including Legendary and Mythical Pokémon! Plus, for this competition only, you will also be able to use Pokémon that you have brought from past games in the series using the Poké Transporter!
Note: You will only be able to include a maximum of two of certain Legendary Pokémon and Mythical Pokémon in your Battle Box.
Note: Diancie will not be eligible for entry in this competition.

01. VGC 2010 had Kyogre, Giratina-O, Mewtwo, etc. legal.
02. I think this thread should be moved to the Battle Spot forum, if anyone can help with that, that'd be grand.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)