move 2: Lovely Kiss
move 3: Ice Beam
move 4: Focus Blast / Psychic
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Forewarn
nature: Timid
evs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Jynx can immediately get the game going in your direction. By using Trick on the opponent's lead, usually locking them onto Stealth Rock or another support move, you force the opposing lead to switch out. As the opponent switches out, stuck with a Choice Scarf, you can use Lovely Kiss to incapacitate the another Pokemon. Now, with two members of the opponent's team already severely damaged by sleep and a Choice Scarf, you can start firing off the attack of your choice. Ice Beam is your strongest move, benefiting from STAB. The final move comes down to what threatens you more. Psychic is your strongest move against Poison-, Fighting-, Fire-, Water-, and Ice-types. This, however, leaves you helpless against Steel-types so Focus Blast is another very acceptable option. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>It may not always be beneficial to use Trick as your first move. If the opponent doesn't often use a support move as their first move, it may be better to either use Lovely Kiss or to switch out. Later in the game, if you still have your Choice Scarf, you can either disable the opponen't walls by Tricking a Choice Scarf onto them, or Jynx can even become a reliable Revenge Killer.</p>

so what do you do exactly against lead Metagross? How about lead Jirachi? Lead Azelf KOs too. You can't assume they're going to SR every time, especially since Jynx is a rare lead and will likely have a tactic like sleep or trap.

Btw, team options are lacking as well.

so what do you do exactly against lead Metagross? How about lead Jirachi? Lead Azelf KOs too. You can't assume they're going to SR every time, especially since Jynx is a rare lead and will likely have a tactic like sleep or trap.

Btw, team options are lacking as well.

I meant to use this almost exclusively as a UU/NU lead. I thought Team Options should only be added in the case of a full revamp. Should I just include them within the analysis?

You should probably explain how Jynx is able to stand against the top leads of UU, especially since as it stands, I don't see it winning against any of them. Ambipom just nails it with Fake Out, which can OHKO (though this isn't guaranteed). Froslass doesn't particularly care about a Choice Scarf as this lets it get up 2 layers of Spikes easily, 3 if Lovely Kiss misses. Uxie and Moltres are often holding their own Scarf. Alakazam now has a nifty new weapon. Then there's Cloyster and Rhyperior, capable of killing it on the spot with a Rock attack. Arcanine just Flare Blitzes you. I could see this working on Omastar, as it doesn't typically carry a Rock attack, but if it does...

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
<p>Jynx can immediately get the game going in your direction. By using Trick on the opponent's lead, usually locking them onto Stealth Rock or another support move, you force the opposing lead to switch out. As the opponent switches out, stuck with a Choice Scarf, you can use Lovely Kiss to incapacitate the another Pokemon. Now, with two members of the opponent's team already severely damaged by sleep and a Choice Scarf, you can start firing off the attack of your choice. Ice Beam is your strongest move, benefiting from STAB. The final move comes down to what threatens you more. Psychic is your strongest move against Poison-, Fighting-, Fire-, Water-, and Ice-types. This, however, leaves you helpless against Steel-types so Focus Blast is another very acceptable option. </p>

You should probably explain how Jynx is able to stand against the top leads of UU, especially since as it stands, I don't see it winning against any of them. Ambipom just nails it with Fake Out, which can OHKO (though this isn't guaranteed). Froslass doesn't particularly care about a Choice Scarf as this lets it get up 2 layers of Spikes easily, 3 if Lovely Kiss misses. Uxie and Moltres are often holding their own Scarf. Alakazam now has a nifty new weapon. Then there's Cloyster and Rhyperior, capable of killing it on the spot with a Rock attack. Arcanine just Flare Blitzes you. I could see this working on Omastar, as it doesn't typically carry a Rock attack, but if it does...
I am relatively new to UU so I take your word over mine, seeing that you have much more experience in the tier. However, there are a few things that I disagree with.

I think Jynx can beat Froslass. You will outspeed it because of your Choice Scarf and a Lovely Kiss will essentially disable it.

Uxie can be also be disabled in a similar fashion. You could also hit them with a Choice Scarf Taunt to prevent them from Tricking or setting up any hazards/screens and forcing her to switch out.

This set loses to Moltres every time and you should switch out to a bulky water who can take a fire attack. The same goes for Ambipom, except switching to a Rock or Steel type is recommended - preferably a light one which doesn't suffer too much from Low Kick.

Agaisnt many of the leads you mentioned, Jynx can still be effective. It can outspeed most of them and a Lovely Kiss can completely disable any of them who do not hold a Lum Berry or have Insomnia.

Komodo

Huff
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You should make the EV spread 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe since we don't list the remaining 2 EVs. Agreeing with the above, I think you should mention how this deals with common Ambipom leads(moreso how it has problems) since Fake out will deal 87.1% - 102.9% to Jynx, also leaving you flinched, while if you decide to switch out you will always be OHKOed by Pursuit. Just a thing to keep in mind, you should say something like "this set has trouble with..." or something along the lines. Also, I think you should mention Taunt somewhere (set comments is probably best) as it allows you to stop Froslass setting up Spikes (using Taunt then switching to a Pursuit user is a good idea, since it's mainly for Uxie/Froslass. Pairing it with Spiritomb or Drapion is helpful).

Edit - as for the Moltres / Froslass issue, I think Hidden Power Rock could be used in the last slot as it has a good chance to OHKO Choiced Moltres and 2HKO Froslass (which is helpful if you're faster). And honestly, 75% accuracy isn't that great for Lovely Kiss. I would change the slashes to:

-Trick
-Taunt / Lovely Kiss
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast / Hidden Power Rock

Psychic isn't really needed since it doesn't hit anything significant, and Ice Beam provides good enough type coverage anyway.

Edit2 - After some testing, I don't believe this set deserves a place in the analysis, almost every common lead beats Jynx and makes this a pretty bad idea. In theory it looks good, but it really isn't. I haven't had any success with this set and I don't think anybody will. (Did you even test this yourself?)

You should make the EV spread 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe since we don't list the remaining 2 EVs. Agreeing with the above, I think you should mention how this deals with common Ambipom leads(moreso how it has problems) since Fake out will deal 87.1% - 102.9% to Jynx, also leaving you flinched, while if you decide to switch out you will always be OHKOed by Pursuit. Just a thing to keep in mind, you should say something like "this set has trouble with..." or something along the lines. Also, I think you should mention Taunt somewhere (set comments is probably best) as it allows you to stop Froslass setting up Spikes (using Taunt then switching to a Pursuit user is a good idea, since it's mainly for Uxie/Froslass. Pairing it with Spiritomb or Drapion is helpful).

Edit - as for the Moltres / Froslass issue, I think Hidden Power Rock could be used in the last slot as it has a good chance to OHKO Choiced Moltres and 2HKO Froslass (which is helpful if you're faster). And honestly, 75% accuracy isn't that great for Lovely Kiss. I would change the slashes to:

-Trick
-Taunt / Lovely Kiss
-Ice Beam
-Focus Blast / Hidden Power Rock

Psychic isn't really needed since it doesn't hit anything significant, and Ice Beam provides good enough type coverage anyway.

Edit2 - After some testing, I don't believe this set deserves a place in the analysis, almost every common lead beats Jynx and makes this a pretty bad idea. In theory it looks good, but it really isn't. I haven't had any success with this set and I don't think anybody will. (Did you even test this yourself?)
I did test this out on my UU team in place of my Froslass lead (though never in NU), and it did well. It can beat almost any common lead with a Choice Scarf Lovely Kiss. If they can't outspeed you then you have a 75% chance of essentially knocking them out for the whole game, removing threats of their entry hazards. It is the dual threat - that of Trick and a Lovely Kiss that make this lead unpredictable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)