Legendary/Unbreedable Pokemon IVs

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has come to my attention that Pokemon Online does not follow the legal rules of IVs for legendary and unbreedable Pokemon. As opposed to say, Shoddy Battle, which disallowed the creation of illegal IVs for unbreedable Pokemon.

I'm not sure if the IV combination availability has changed from this generation from the last, but one thing is for certain: previous generation's legendaries are allowed to have any IV combination.

For example, say I created a Timid Azelf with 31 IVs in all stats, but a 0 in attack. Checking Shoddy Battle and PokeGen, this is an illegal combination of IVs for Azelf, making it an impossible Pokemon to attain, yet it is freely playable on the Smogon server.

The Azelf example may not have been the best in terms of importance to the actual play, but other illegal combinations may lead to minor advantages for certain other Pokemon. Despite this, the bottom line is that illegal Pokemon are being allowed on Pokemon Online.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[hawaii pidgin] Eh, das' right bra. How come da new PO neva wen setup da kine IV limits dat help foah make suah da Pokemonz is legal? Well, I tinkin', wen' we make da kine attacks ah, neah perfec' IVs and perfec' IVs show only small kine difference yah!? Only get small kine diffrence, but programming da bugga dat when limi' da IVs reaal hum bug bra. If you like write' one scrip' foah us to use, we goin' use 'em, but das' one low-level priority when you wen' compayah 'um to all da heaby traffic we wen' get from BW. [/hawaii pidgin, don't infract me, not trolling, just talking normally]

tl;dr-- IV limits are not a really big deal in damage calcs, especially when most unbreedable Pokemon will get near perfect IVs anyway. If you want to write a script I am sure it'll get used, but otherwise, it seems like a lot of PITA programming for very little reward on a currently very busy site.

[Hawaiian]Hiki nō. Ua maopopo kou mana‘o ia‘u. He mea li‘ili‘i kēia a nui nā hopohopo ‘ē a‘a no nā kānaka ‘ē a‘e o Smogon. Inā hiki ia‘u ke haku kōmi ‘ōkuhi, e hana pono‘ī ana au. Akā, ‘a‘ole hiki ia‘u ke hana i kekahi kōmi ‘ōkuhi no ka polokalamu ‘o "Pokemon Online." ‘A‘ole au ma‘a i kēlā ‘ano hana. No laila, pono kekahi (mau) kanaka ke haku kōmi ‘ōkuhi. Pono wale nō lākou e ‘a‘a... ke ‘olu‘olu.[/Hawaiian, don't infract me, not trolling, just talking normally]

tl;dr-- I understand where you're coming from. This is a small thing and there are many other worries that the different people of Smogon have to deal with. If I could make a script, I would do it myself. However, I can't write scripts for Pokemon Online, I'm not accustomed to that kind of work. So, another person should do it. They just need to volunteer... please.

also 5th gen doesn't appear to use the 3rd/4th gen IV/PID restrictions anymore and ALL pokemon can have any IV/nature combo now.

Pokemon who can only be obtained via Gen 4 games, or know a move only obtainable via Gen 4 are supposed to have the IV restriction though.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On top of all of that, this isn't something we can do anything about anyway. IV Restrictions would likely need to be handled by coyotte, and you should go post on the Pokemon-Online forums about that, not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)