Other Metagames Let's Go first team all shinies

Okay so this is my first competitive team that i've built and i'm mainly focusing on the Let's go games until sword and shield come out. Im trying to work out the kinks for the current team. I plan for them all to be shinies. You can also assume that they all have max IV's, and there's no EV values in lets go.

Golem
Level: 50
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch

I plan for Golem to be the leadoff for my team. I made him adamant nature because special attack is useless and you can never have too much attack. I figured boosting speed is useless since basically any pokemon can outspeed him anyway. He's mainly going to be used for stealth rock and rock slide to counter flying type leads. Earthquake is an obvious choice for a golem so I threw that in there. I also threw fire punch in there for some typing coverage against grass and ice types (just in case).

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 70
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- X-Scissor
- Poison Jab
- Substitute

Beedrill is going to be a sweeper sort of mon. U-turn to get out of some situations and get some damage, X-scissor to take care of grass, psychic, and dark types. Poison jab for type coverage as well and substitute for survivability. I'm running mega beedrill for the increased speed and survivability and i'm using adamant nature for extra attack. I built the team around the beedrill because I like the way shiny mega beedrill looks and I like bug types in general.

Gengar
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Gengar is one of my favorite pokemon and I mainly have him for will o wisp to cut some attack off of teams as well as the water/'flying type coverage with thunderbolt. I have shadow ball because it's an obvious choice and sludge bomb for some extra type coverage as well. I'm using timid nature to increase the speed and lower attack since the attack stat on my gengar is useless.

Zapdos
Naive Nature
- Drill Peck
- Light Screen
- Toxic
- Thunderbolt

I chose Zapdos because it's almost a must in competitive let's go play. He's a beast. I'm using him as a support character running light screen and toxic. I see a lot of players online running toxic on zapdos so i figured i'd throw it on. Light screen is going to be used if i see a lot of special attackers on the opposing team. Drill peck and thunderbolt are for coverage. I chose naive nature to increase speed and lower special defense because the more common weakness to be exploited is rock types which is a physical typing.

Starmie
Hasty Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam

I chose starmie for the water/psychic typing. Scald has stab and a burn chance so that seems to be a pretty standard move for starmie, recover to regain some health if needed, psychic for a strong special/psychic typing as well as dazzling gleam for the fairy typing. I chose hasty nature because I didn't want to take away from any of the attack type moves so i thought -Spdef would be okay.

Exeggutor-Alola
Quiet Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake
- Flamethrower
- Mega Drain

The alolan exeggutor was kind of just a type coverage kind of member. I didn't really know what else to choose for the last pokemon. It's running dragon pulse, earthquake, flamethrower and mega drain all for different type coverage. If there's a better pokemon to be put here i'd love to hear about it because i'm not sure if this is a good one to use. I chose the quiet nature because it's not a speedy pokemon anyway so it might as well just increase the special attack.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)