ORAS UU Literally one tank and five glass cannons.

Let me just say, I really like this team and it's served me well. I find it works well as an offence pivot team, but I want to hear others opinions and suggestions as well.

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 12 HP / 248 Def / 248 SpA
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Moonblast
- U-turn

This guy, everyone. This guy. He's basically the Klefki of UU, but trades defense for offence. He partners good with everyone and has a great typing. I might switch Encore for a spore move, but otherwise I'm happy with him.

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Surf
- Thunder

Another sweeper, and it partners great with Whimsicott, Crobat, and Mega Swampert. Crobat and Whimsicott can form a VoltTurn and M-Swampert gives it Rain Dance to deal with ground-types if I don't want to risk Surf.

Crobat @ Choice Band
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Cross Poison
- Defog

Standard Crobat, but I really hate Choice items. Like I said above, he goes good with Whimsicott and Crobat, and he deals with grass-types easily for Donphan and M-Swampert. I don't like Defog though, and it doesn't feel like it belongs on this set, and I already have a spinner.

Donphan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Obligatory spinner, and probably my favorite in the tier besides possibly M-Blastoise. It resists Stealth Rock, has great attack, and has decent utility with Knock Off. It's pretty slow, but it gets STAB Earthquake. Works as a good pivot for electric--types for Crobat, even though the rest of my team resists it. I also tend to use him as my lead.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Mach Punch

A great speedy sweeper, and gets pretty good coverage. Grass Knot is rather unreliable, but it has saved my hide before. I end up using him as kind of a last resort, but his speed and STAB Close Combat, Flare Blitz and Match Punch almost always let me win. He goes good with Crobat and Whimsicott, letting my team hit M-Aggron and other steel-types.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock setter and Rain Dancer, he sets up well for Heliolisk to sweep with Thunder and Surf. He's a great partner with Infernape and Crobat, and they cover each others weaknesses.

So far I'm mostly happy with this, but I'm disliking the Crobat set. Any help at all is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi There! I'm just using your team now and the first thing I've noticed is that your Donphan set is quite odd. The AV is a decent idea in the context of your team but you've then tried to keep it with defensive EVs instead of investing the 84 in speed. Since the set is remarkably close to one in the Smogon analysis I suggest changing it to that:

EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

---------------------------------------

Okay so:

The good: Your team is constructed from (as far as I have found) existing Smogon sets, which is the right way to do things I believe, as, unless you're one of the very best, these sets are a great guide. The other good thing is that, as a VoltTurn HO team, it can rustle up lots of momentum quite quickly while doing huge amounts of damage, which is excellent. The team itself is quite solid and robust so good job. I hope what I suggest can help.

Because you have a Donphan already wielding Rapid Spin, Defog on Crobat may not be as useful, especially with a Choice Band set. I know that sometimes losing Donphan will be unavoidable and that Defog serves as some insurance, but your team isn't really crippled by SR and I rarely see (T-)Spikes in the tier, so I suggest Pursuit > Defog. This can allow you to trap Pokemon (obviously) and despite not usually being an outstanding Crobat move, can serve a better use in the context of a VoltTurn team, for example, if a Specially-defensive Jirachi comes in to handle Heliolisk (this happened twice when I was using the team), you can Volt Switch out to Crobat, and deal 50.4 - 60.2 % with Pursuit, assuming 'Rachi switches out (admittedly they may think they can handle a Crobat and stay in, but it can work on other Pokemon too, such as Reun and Chandy).

The only other thing I could suggest is to get a sort of wildcard that can take down a setup sweeper. Your Whimsicott can Encore one, but switching in is always a risk as they may just attack and take Whimsi down. I don't have an obvious candidate for this, but maybe a Focus Sash Infernape could do this job, as you already have two hard hitters in Crobat and Heliolisk, and 'Nape can serve as insurance if Rocks aren't on your side of the field.

These are all fairly minor things and if you disagree with my suggestions don't worry, I'm not very good at the tier so I might be totally off. The concept of the team is great, and it gels together really well. Good job.

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
First rate in a while so forgive me if anything I say is completely retarded. Anyhow, onto the rate itself:
  • Ok so first off, I noticed that the team can really optimize some of the sets of its Pokemon to be as effective as possible. First of these is Whimsicott, I felt like defensive Whimsicott with a weird EV spread that tried to bridge the gap between offensive and defensive Whimsicott made no sense and changing it to offensive Whimsicott would help with the nature of the team. Second off, Choice Band Crobat doesn't seem as necessary for this team, considering this is the main deterrent for Fighting-types on the team. Therefore, I suggest changing the current set to a non-Choiced set. Lastly, for now, I recommend changing Thunder to Thunderbolt on Heliolisk, as while Thunder does have superior base power and is 100% accurate in Rain, you only have one Rain setter in Mega Swampert, therefore Rain won't always be up for Heliolisk to spam Thunder.
  • Now, onto bigger changes. I'd recommend switching Donphan to Azelf, as currently, the team's forcing its main sweeping and entry hazard setting roles on Mega Swampert, and Donphan basically doesn't give you any real resistances Swampert doesn't provide and, even with Assault Vest, it isn't providing more defensive backbone, as off the top of my head, anything Assault Vest helps with is dealt with by the rest of the team, and Rapid Spin isn't as needed on this particular team. Azelf helps provide a solid lead and can basically handle the entry hazard duties of the team. Due to Stealth Rock being put on Azelf, I suggest having Ice Punch over Stealth Rock on Mega Swampert.
  • Lastly, I recommend having Nasty Plot Infernape over current set, as this helps deal with most of the things the current set does, but also provides you with a dangerous setup sweeper, which you currently lack.
Whimsicott @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Encore

Basically I chose this particular set since it let you maintain good offensive pressure, still check a lot of the same stuff and some more stuff like Salamence and Heracross better due to its Speed investment. Giga Drain can be changed to Stun Spore or Energy Ball for example but honestly you need this to check a couple things repeatedly so Giga Drain's recovery is going to be useful in that aspect.

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Taunt

EVs are completely interchangeable, I just put these here since I wanted an offensive variant anyhow and felt that since normal Crobat are running 236 Speed for Adamant Beedrill and Modest Sceptile anyway, the small bulk investment wasn't going to be worth it. I'd recommend NOT getting Defog over Taunt on this set, however, as Taunt provides great utility, such as preventing some bulky Pokemon from recovering HP and setting hazards, and Defog is going to be counterproductive for a team with a suicide lead.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

You can run Fire Blast or Psychic over Knock Off and change the nature to Naive should you find either option better. I chose Knock Off as the team didn't really have it beforehand anyhow and it's just great overall utility should you choose to save Azelf for later instead of using Explosion off the bat.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast / Grass Knot
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot

Focus Blast is a great option that OHKOes a crap ton of Pokemon at +2, including Snorlax and Porygon2 which are annoying to your team, but Grass Knot could be used over it for a more accurate option that can also bop Water-types without needing a boost, although after a boost, Focus Blast pretty much OHKOes a lot of those Water-types as is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)