Little Black Submarine

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Been a good while since I've made one of these and after lots of effort, I finaly made a team I really like enough to make an RMT. I started this team with the golbat seismitoad core I posted in this thread. I first thought of lickilicky as a good special wall to fit for the core. Now, I prefer my lickis with both dragon tail and body slam over heal bell so I still needed a status absorber and some speed because this team was not meant to be stall. This led me to swellow who could also switch in to standard missy cause that's always a pain. I then found a couple of weaknesses that were left to patch such as tauros, zangoose and riolu, I tried a multitude of 2 pokemon cores to fit and the following 2 came out as the best. The title has absolutely no link with the team, I just listened to little black submarine on repeat the whole time I wrote this (you should too, amazing song).

The main strategy of the team is to start off by stalling as long as possible to then finish off with swellow or ditto if necessary. The fact rock types don't have much recovery and that golbat baits them in often makes swellow a great late game sweeper.

Golbat @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Golbat is an amazing mon in this meta, in this team it serves as main physical wall. Toxic + taunt + roost is such a great combination with good defences as it kills pretty much anything that is not immune to toxic or doesn't deal massive damage to golbat. Immuntiy to toxic will also let me use it on incoming musharna's without synchronoize activating which will let me scout if they have heal bell or not because the ones that do can be very dangerous to my team if not handled properly. Golbat will also take on most grass types effectively which seismitoad struggles with as well as incredibly strong forces such as sawk's close combat which 2hko'es all my team. For those who wonder how I deal with sub BU braviary, golbat does it very well if you don't let it set up too much. Brave bird actually hits reasonably hard which and will ohko stuff like scolipede.
(speed creeps EV's are not revealed ;))

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Toad is the second member of the initial core and is another amazing mon in this meta. Toad is usualy a good answer to most mons immune to toxic and also has access to toxic himself as it cripples nearly everything that resists it's stabs. He takes on many rock and steel types for golbat and often prevents them from setting rocks up first turn as they hinder golbat and swellow pretty badly. He also prevents a couple of electric types from volt switching on golbat which are somewhat popular now that voltturn is seeing usage in NU. Toad is also my stealth rocker for the team, however he does not resist strong normal and flying types unlike most SR users which leaves me very weak to those and too slow in general on a team that's already not that fast.

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail
- Wish
- Protect

Lickilicky is the definition of standard NU special wall. He takes on nearly everything that isn't boosted and even LO jynx struggles at 2hko'ing it with 2 focus blasts considering protect, accuracy and something else is already alseep. Most of the time, you see this guy with heal bell over either dragon tail or body slam, but I like running both and the need for heal bell isn't too big in this team. Running both body slam and dragon tail lets me break most subs as well as dealing decent damage with a chance of para and phaze those who try to set up without sub.

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

This with ditto is what makes the team not look like a stall team. swellow is simultaneously a revenge killer, late game sweeper and wallbreaker and he acheives all 3 pretty well. Incoming rock types are not too problematic as they will lead to seismitoad coming in and not much can come in on seismitoad safely after that. Now I sacrificed the classic quick attack for roost which may seem weird on such a frail offensive mon, but the main thing holding back swellow after rock/steel types are gone is protect users or mons that can heal up and wait for status to kill me. The combination of roost + flame orb over toxic orb actually lets swellow heal up on those turns or simply heal up if it needs to come in multiple times on misdreavus.

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Transform
-
-
-

What is there to say about this thing, it revenge kills ! Apart from that, ditto is always a good way not to get swept which is very useful on ladder when hax always ends up losing you a game from time to time. Anything trying to set up might bounce back against my opponent and give me the victory. The rest of the team is not particularily easy to set up a sub on and golbat already stops all the non psychic bulky sweepers than ditto can't revenge kill (gurdurr, sub BU brav). Ditto also has the nice particualrity to be a good swtich in on many choice specs or scarf users such as rotom-s or gardevoir who could focus blast expecting lickilicky or trick just too fuck something up. IV's are set for hp grass since water types are the most common and most dangerous users of hidden power. Finaly, ditto is my only answer to riolu which is a legit threat in this meta.

Tangela (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

Weird choice for a last poke on a team that lacks offensive power, but tangela is not a primary wall in this team, it's actually invested in a way to dish out some good damage while still helping out with zangoose and especially tauros. With this set, tangela is sure to deal good damage or knock off a poke's item every time it comes in as my team can last a good while but aims to take down my opponent faster than a stall team. Tangela also gives me the opportunity to play much safer since I can switch it in on something like sawk and then switch back to golbat if he goes for the cc or just stay in and launch a powerful leaf storm if he overprecited and went for the stone-edge (ice punch is more complicated). Hidden power rock is my prefered coverage with scoli being so popular and zard so dangerous (I'd see a volbeat trying to set up sun on me and not expect zard to get wrecked if I fake not having hp rock). Giga drain is to make sure nothing can set up a sub because of leaf strom drop and then escape from ditto's revenge kill. Speed EV's are for alomomola (and a little more) and knock off can also help a lot when facing stall as unlike damage or status, the loss of item cannot be recovered.

Threats

CB braviary
: I wouldn't have RMT'd this team if this thing had not completely disappeared from all usage as it just plows through everything in my team and outspeeds 4 mons out of 6. My best hope is to get SR up early and probably sac tangela or licki to get some bb recoil in to then revenge kill it.

Sub np misdreavus
: Probably the most common of the 4 listed threats and still not that common, I'll probaly sac swellow to this thing thinking it's the defensive one and lickilicky can't keep it's sub broken for ditto to wreck it. Happily, seismitoad can still take some hits and deal off some decent damage.

Calm mind-Heal bell Musharna
: I can push back the time when this thing will sweep me with dragon tail, but I'll still have to kill it when it's the last mon standing. I have to proceed by knocking off it's lefties then saccing golbat for a taunt and hopefuly a toxic too cause golbat is bulky even on the special side. I'll then have to finish it with swellow or toad if it's not too late. Happily, musharna is much less common than it used to be.

Beartric
: Not too worried for this guy since he's completely non-existant, but yeah he hits hard and I don't have any ice resist, superpower hits licki and ditto.

Importable:
Golbat @ Eviolite
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Swellow @ Flame Orb
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 Def / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Dragon Tail
- Wish
- Protect

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Transform
-
-
-

Tangela (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 200 HP / 56 Spd / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain

hey! your team looks pretty solid for the most part; you have a good core and solid pokes to clean up, but there are a few things about your team i think could improve:
first off
Golbat to the smogon ev set of 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe for a couple of reasons. you dont lose much bulk and you outspeed base 70's which include ludicolo, samurrot, miltank etc. you can taunt them before they have a chance to rain dance, heal bell or something like that. the other thing about golbat i would recommend is having U-turn>toxic because this will help your team greatly with momentum and as you said in golbat's description its a lure for rock types! so instead of switching out you can predict them to switch in (or just u-turn while they are in) and switch to a check such as seismitoad.
second thing.
Tangela i think you should replace with serperior because serperior would fit well on your team with the description you gave. im thinking the standard sub calm mind set with giga drain and hp rock. this set would would hit braviary pretty hard (49.03 - 57.61%) and also beartic (44.38 - 52.94%) which are both on your team's threat list. this team could potentially set up if you are against someone trying to stall you, and i dont really see how your team plans to break a core with alomomola and a special wall even with tangela, because you would be toxic'ed (blocked by sub) and couldnt do much if he was constantly wish passing and all that. i think serperior would be the answer to many of the problems you could potentially be facing often.
the 3rd option
siesmitoad this goes with the previous option kinda, if you decide to keep tangela or remove it. either way i would suggest changing to a bulkier set either on the physical or the special, its your call but i would suggest being more physically bulky because you could wall carrocosta which isnt much a threat to your team, but end game it always could be. it also pairs up better against other lead rockers and takes on scolipede better. also you had on beartic on your threat list, well this could be the answer to that. im not quite sure what ev spread you would be interested in but heres one i suggest that you can mess around with 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpA and the last thing is i have used seismitoad very much, and i have personally liked knock off>toxic you might wanna try it but i guess it is personal preference.

hope any of this helps! like the team except i despise lickilicky :P good luck with the team and all!

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
hey! your team looks pretty solid for the most part; you have a good core and solid pokes to clean up, but there are a few things about your team i think could improve:
first off
Golbat to the smogon ev set of 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe for a couple of reasons. you dont lose much bulk and you outspeed base 70's which include ludicolo, samurrot, miltank etc. you can taunt them before they have a chance to rain dance, heal bell or something like that. the other thing about golbat i would recommend is having U-turn>toxic because this will help your team greatly with momentum and as you said in golbat's description its a lure for rock types! so instead of switching out you can predict them to switch in (or just u-turn while they are in) and switch to a check such as seismitoad.
second thing.
Tangela i think you should replace with serperior because serperior would fit well on your team with the description you gave. im thinking the standard sub calm mind set with giga drain and hp rock. this set would would hit braviary pretty hard (49.03 - 57.61%) and also beartic (44.38 - 52.94%) which are both on your team's threat list. this team could potentially set up if you are against someone trying to stall you, and i dont really see how your team plans to break a core with alomomola and a special wall even with tangela, because you would be toxic'ed (blocked by sub) and couldnt do much if he was constantly wish passing and all that. i think serperior would be the answer to many of the problems you could potentially be facing often.
the 3rd option
siesmitoad this goes with the previous option kinda, if you decide to keep tangela or remove it. either way i would suggest changing to a bulkier set either on the physical or the special, its your call but i would suggest being more physically bulky because you could wall carrocosta which isnt much a threat to your team, but end game it always could be. it also pairs up better against other lead rockers and takes on scolipede better. also you had on beartic on your threat list, well this could be the answer to that. im not quite sure what ev spread you would be interested in but heres one i suggest that you can mess around with 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpA and the last thing is i have used seismitoad very much, and i have personally liked knock off>toxic you might wanna try it but i guess it is personal preference.

hope any of this helps! like the team except i despise lickilicky :P good luck with the team and all!
Hey NUT, thanks for the rate.

I really like golbat how it is now, the extra speed seems unescessary since special rott doesn't even run max speed that often and he's walled by lickilicky just like ludicolo. Physical rott can already be handled pretty well and even ditto'd when at low health. Killing off defensive miltank with golbat is always a long process anyway that generaly ends up with golbat getting paralyzed by body slam so I don't see the point in speed there either, besides defenisve miltank does straight nothing to golbat while bat can easily pp stall heal bell. I'm not sure I like u-turn either since toxic + taunt is golbat's main way of killing stuff and I'd rather toxic a rock type than do pitiful damage through u-turn even if steel are immune to toxic.

I had thought of serperior in teambuilding, but my problem with it was it could only come in on tauros once and if my opponent can afford to swtich him out, I can only revenge kill it then. I suppose tauros might not be that much of a threat if 3 pokes can revenge kill it and the others aren't ohko'd and a sweeper could be nice on this team so I'll try it out.

As for toad, I really like the set I currently run since offensive power lets it wreck rock setters with more facility. As you said, carracosta really isn't that much of a threat to my team so I don't feel the need to counter it better. Knock off is indeed an interesting option I had not considered which would become more interesting if seperior proves better than tangela because I'd rather have 2 toxic users than 2 knock off users.

neat team as usual; your issues with musharna and misdreavus can be remedied a tiny bit by using the recommended serperior with taunt instead of substitute, but the only issue is that serperior will be severely weakened after beating out those pokemon. of course the vulnerability to some normal-types do become a bit more noticeable, but golbat alone is not a bad check by any means.

there aren't really many changes, but i do want to mention using earthquake on seismitoad and changing its nature and ivs appropriately, simply because it hits jynx and the specially bulky grass / poison pokemon harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)