XY OU M-Gyarados Team

Hi, guys. I'm here to post my first RMT, from one I made based in M-Gyarados, one of the best DD sweepers in this 6º gen, so, I will start with the teambuilding process:

The first thing was the Mega. I decides to build my team around the awesome M-Gyarados dragon dancer.

I decided to build a fire-water-grass core, and Ferrothorn came to my mind as a very good physical wall and stealth rocker.

Heatran completed my FWG core as a special sweeper.

I need a defogger, and Latias came as an offensive support for the team.

Seeing my lack of priority moves, CBand Azu was a very strong option as my second water type pokémon, and completing a Dragon-Steel-Fairy core.

After having 5 pokémon selected, I decided to include a support for all of them. Blissey cures it's status and passes wishes to any pokémon who needs it.

In depth:

Mr. Gamba (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate => Mold Breaker
EVs: 72 HP / 232 Atk / 4 Def / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Is a quite simple set that works as my unique set-up sweeper. With a jolly nature and 200 evs, it reachs 272 speed points, beeing able to outspeed timid M-Manectric after one DD, wich can't be possible with adamant nature and 252 speed evs.

Fe26 (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

Ferrothorn is a very good physical wall, wich set up stealth rocks and forces switches with it's leech seed. With it's offensive moves it can hit very hard Quagsire, (M-)Aerodactyl, Terrakion, and stop sweepers like Scizor without superpower, D-nite without fire punch, Kyurem-B without focus blast (wich is the most common), Excadrill, Garchomp without fire fang or fire blast, Gliscor, Gyarados, Landorus-T, Tyranitar and Venusaur without HP fire.

Vulcano (Heatran) @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Fire Blast

Heatran is here to absorb fire atacks directed to Ferrothorn and sweep with it's boosted special atack. It's able to outspeed jolly Bisharp and Breloom, OHKOing them with Lava Plume. Also it can stop most steel-types in OU. I sometimes used a choice scarf instead of specs to deal better with M-Pinsir.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Latias is my defogger. It hit decently with LO draco meteor, and can face M-Venusaur with Psyshock. It's also a Keldeo, Garchomp, Kyurem-B, check, and Terrakion counter (no scarf in all cases), but she have to be aware of Tyanitar, who can kill her with pursuit and set up stealtk rocks, and receives insignificant damage from draco meteor (in special if is an assault vest set).

Dragonslayer (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Superpower

CBand Azumarill is my revenge killer, and it hits very hard with it's both STABs. It also haves Superpower to deal with Ferrothorn.

Eggmaster (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Blissey is the cleric of the team. I prefer she instead of Chansey because is less vulnerable to the knock off spam, and can recover some HP using leftovers. She provides residual damage with toxic and cures status and HP, specially for Azu, Heatran and Gyarados, who really needs it.

Threads:

M-Manectric can outspeed my whole team except DDed M-Gyarados, and make an important damage to most of them, except Blissey, from who can run away using volt switch.

Latios with the correct coverage can beat a lot of pokémon of my team. With T-bolt, Azu can't switch in, with HP fire, Ferrothorn can receive a OHKO, with surf, Heatran receives a 2HKO, Psyshock 2HKOs Blissey, and the only one that can take a hit is M-Gyarados, beeing able to DD.

If this beast uses a sword dance, Latias is the only one who can face it, with it's Draco Meteor (but it makes 98,8-116,5%, so it can survive a hit, but it's not probable). Scarf-tran can OHKO it very easily too.

DD-nite can beat Ferro and Heatran with the correct coverage, and Latias with it's STAB. Azu is a great counter if no T-punch and Gyarados can lower it's atack with intimidate and OHKO it with ice fang.

Greninja is a very fast sweeper wich can hit really hard my whole team if it have the correct coverage. Grass knot can OHKO M-Gyarados, but not Gyarados; HP fire OHKOs Ferro; Hydro Pump OHKOs Tran; Latias can receive a OHKO (but is more probable a 2HKO) from an ice beam; Blissey receive significand damage from U-turn; and Azu is the only one who checks it, but loses a lot of HP if Greninja uses grass knot.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)