MAC No. 3: Day and Night

op stolen from elcheeso who stole it from someone else

concept originally by Bucky

We're pretty sure this is approved by Bummer

It's been a while but we're back! The Monthly Art Contest (MAC) is a long-standing tradition in Smeargle's Studio, dating back to 2010. With each continuation, a new themed contest begins. Submissions are open for a number of weeks, after which a poll will open and users can vote for their favourite entries. All entries must follow the theme set by the moderator in charge, and winning entries will receive prizes!

A post below from a co-host will feature an explanation about this month's theme.

The Rules

1. All global forum rules apply.

2. Submissions must follow the theme of the current contest to be eligible.

3. No plagiarism. Participants caught tracing or passing another's work off as their own will be disqualified from the current MAC, and permanently banned after a repeat offense.

4. Comments and criticisms are welcome, but posts such as "This one is definitely going to win/lose!" or "This sucks!" will be deleted, and such posts may get you warned.

5. Avoid posting excessively in the thread.

6. Voting for yourself in the poll is prohibited, and persons caught doing so will have their entry revoked. Likewise, do not create multiple accounts to vote.

7. Submissions should be no larger than 1000 by 1000 pixels.

8. Any sort of visual art is acceptable as a submission as long as it fits the theme. This includes, but isn't limited to: traditional art, digital art, sculptures and food. If you've got any doubts about whether your submission is acceptable, feel free to PM me about it.

9. We welcome suggestions for themes! To suggest a theme, PM pupper!!! or Tikitik.

Prizes

Following the end of each contest, the first, second and third place winners (along with a couple of honorable mentions) will be featured with full critique in a Smeargle's Studio Update, as well as on Smogon's Facebook page and Twitter!

As always, have fun and good luck!

Current deadline is November 3rd. Extensions may be granted on a case-by-case basis.

SUBMISSIONS CLOSED!

Last edited:

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
For those of you who will be entering for the first time, be sure to read all the rules carefully before applying, and to the others that already have experience with MAC, remind yourself again!

With the advent of Pokemon Sun and Moon, everyone's thoughts have turned to what version they'll be buying once the games drop. Sun or Moon? Solgaleo or Lunala? Day or Night? Hmm... why not choose both?

This MAC’s theme is Day and Night!
This MAC you'll be tasked with drawing Pokemon (s) of your choice during both daytime and nighttime! The changes can be simple as switching up the lighting midscene, or you can go as far as to create two completely different scenarios. Challenge yourself--and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!

Hey guys, just a reminder that there are less than 2 weeks left for you to deliver your entries! Considering we haven't gotten much participation up until this point means an extension is likely to happen, so with the addition of that we'll hopefully have a solid number of people towards the end.

Jackii

pyukumukumukuyp
is a Top Artist Alumnus
0/10 for originality >v> but i actually sketched it out when they were revealed...i just kinda forgot about it till today
crammed this in after finishing my homework. AHH small canvases are the bane of my existence

apologies to those already spoiled ;;

Last edited:
I think I figured out why there's so few entries in here...
Everybody's bloody intimidated ;-;
Like, seriously, everyone who's posted here so far has got such talent, like, wow.
Anyways,

Completely uncreative background, I know, but I just couldn't get the idea of Cherrim's Sunshine and Overcast forms out of my head.

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
this is my submission if i end up not being able to finish in time ;;

lmao i blame the time taken on the fur tbh HAHAHA crie

EDIT:
oh boy do i get until the end of today to fin? ;_; //wheezes

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)