SM OU Magearna's Kingdomhearts Stall swap. (peaked top 10)

Hello Guys NVDL here!

Kingdomhearts.jpg

I hope everyone is doing great..? EXCELLENT!! That is going to change now because the entire meta is going up side down by the release of my stall babby, mark my words.
Today I have a team for you all, and it's one of the best teams I have made since ultra. I can proudly say that my playing style is stall / semistall / hardbalance. "In my opinion", stall is the best style around and has always ben the best. (hyper) Offensive is made to win and stall is made to not lose.

Before I start with the team process I want you all to calm down and admit that I'm right. Stall is hella annoying but if played right IMPOSSIBLE to beat.
I had a very big success with this team and peaked #1 on the OU ladder. Ive dropped some places but I will be number 1 for this rmt again and update it. here is a proof of 1937 (spot 25).

NVDL ladder proof 1937.png

Stall is made to slowly weaken your opponent and recover from every attack. With that in mind, I am now going to tell you what I think must always be present in a stall team.

- Every mon needs a way of relialbe recovery; (Recover, roost, Soft boiled, Pain-split, Regen)
- At least 3 ways to criplle your opponent with status moves; (burn/toxic/para)
- At least on way to recover without using any moves; (regenerator)
- At least 1 hazard remover, (Defog, rapid spin).
- At least 1 resistance to every type;
- At least 1 stealth rocker;
- At least 1 immunity against electric, ground fighting type attacks.
- At least 1 member in your team with unaware.

To make a good team in general you have to know what the Threats are to a certain playstyle.
In this case its stall and stall as everyone knows, is weak against powerfull wall breakers.

- Tapu Lele; (specially choice specs/metrenome)
- Flyium-Z lando with SD;
- CB Adamant Victini;
- HOOPA;
- CB TTar;
- Specs Ash-Gren
- Specs Koko
- Trapper Heatran
- Mega-medicham
- Mega-Pinsir
- Banded Bulu
- Banded Zygarde
- Mega-Mawile (I will get back to this mon later)

And now after we have discus a few things, let's start with the team breakdown.

Introduction

I've played stall for a long time, and after been defeated by the tapu lele and hoopa so many times I was exhausted, I couldn't find a way to check both hoopa and lele, Until now.

Teambuilding Process

Magearna is the reason why this team is so good right now in the current meta, takes on every Hoopa/lele veriant and if I see a Clefable/Reuniclus or a Magearna I just smile. This uber set makes stall Almost perfect again like it was in ORAS.
checks:
Lele, Hoopa, reuniclus, clefable, latios, latias. it is also a solid switch in for banded ttar, greninja, kyurem, weavile

Ammongus It's a cool mon takes on koko, stab water type attacks and I like to use ito catch heatran and KO it.
Checks: kartna, Koko, keldeo, greninja, bulu, serperior, fini, diancie, pex

Why sableye? because what is stall without it. Magearna/Sableye/Ammoongus gives you the steel/poison/fairy/dark/ghost core, what is amazing, Sableye is Almost always my lead, magic bounce and takes on Mega-Medicham what is a Big problem for stall in general.
checks: heatran, mega medicham, ferrothorn, chansey, Diancie, tanggrowth, pex

Zapdos is just so good in the current meta, I was on this point really weak against pinsir/hawlucha/lopunny. It checks all of them and is also my defogger. If it comes to a pp stall match against another staller, zapdos abilty is amazing.
Checks: Kartana, Def lando, pinsir, Hawlucha, lopunny,(scout for rockium-z with Quag), excadril, gyrados-mega

Chansey, not mutch to say about it. does what it does best, Chansey also is my stealth rocker in the sqaud.
Checks, Zard-y, greninja, Some lele sets, volcarona if it runs giga drain, Nidoking, manaphy, non iceium-z kyurem, diancie, blacephalon.

Quag is my unaware mon takes on Zygarde, zard-x, Non giga drain Volc and hawlucha if zapdos is weakend and rocks are up. It also is my fire resist and heatran switch in.
Checks: Volcarona, Zygarde, lando, hawlucha, lopunny, some koko sets, victini, bisharp, zard-x, excadrill, gyrados, kyurem, scizor, mimikyu, Ttar.

The Team

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

Max Spdef to take on special hits, you can use heal bell over pain split and than run wish protect on chansey.

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Just one of my favorite pokemons, This sets lets you survive one magma storm after rocks. The trick is switch in on bulu or kartana, and use sludge bomb, they will almost always swith to heatran, after the sludge miss stomping tantrum powers doubles and ko's heatran.

Sableye @ Sablenite Ability:
Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off/Metal burst
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

Magic bounce is just so good, keeping hazards from the field is really inportant because you have to swith alot. Sableye also is a decent heatran check because it can't be trapped or get taunted. 4 speed EV's are really important, you can now switch in on ferrothorn with +38%hp and don't risk the speed tie after get hit by an power whip.

Zapdos @ Leftovers Ability:
Pressure EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

My mega pinsir/lopunny/karta/bulu check, toxic is a nice suprise for lando and tangrowth who likes to switch in on a discharge, it is also my defogger. Standard def set.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss/counter
- Heal Bell

Chansey, max Def EVs to take physical hit better. I normally use seismic toss over counter on the ladder bacause mawile isnt that common. nothing more to say about chansey

Quagsire @ Leftovers Ability:
Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

I use ice beam over scald because otherwise I lose against sub toxic zygarde. find scald useless anyway bacause you want to toxic things not burn.

Conclusion

this team has proven to perform well, and I don't think much needs to be changed. suggestions are always welcome. the only danger to the team is just like with all other stall teams, mega mawile. but you can't do anything about it. the only mon that always get rid of it is counter skarm, which isn't realy good anymore.

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split
Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Last edited:
I'll rate this, hope u find the rate helpful. I can't say much about hoopa-u coz I didn't use that mon much in sm ou but I don't think that mag set of yours beats lele. I usually favor a mind plate cm psyshock/moonblast/hpfire set instead of fight z coz of the sheer power of psyshock and I can use the z move on another mon. Even if lele is z fight, +1 fight z i does a lot to mag w/o av.

Calcs
+1 252 SpA Twisted Spoon Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Psychic Terrain: 156-185 (42.9 - 50.9%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna in Psychic Terrain: 130-153 (35.8 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+1 252 SpA Tapu Lele All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 203-239 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Assuming they get average rolls with fight z, they'll actual be able to instantly take out ur mag. In the case of twisted spoon, you'll be able to severely weaken lele with pain split but ur not koing lele and its probably still got enuf juice in the tank to take out 1-2 more mons on ur team depending on situation and that's bad. Usually how ppl use cm lele vs stall teams is they'll lead lele vs sab t1 & just cm immediately on the protect and u get heavily punished for trying to scout. Then they'll psyshock next turn predicting chansey or in this case ur mag and it'll turn sour from there.

Suggestions
I think jirachi is better if u want a surefire way to counter hoopa-u/lele, alternatively alolan muk works. If using alolan muk, prob switch sr out of chansey with wish. Stall teams don't necessarily need hazards. Only gna list a spread for rachi coz I think that's the best fit for countering lele. If u wna keep mag on the team, maybe try flash cannon over fleur to better hit lele. Run enuf speed on rachi to ohko the hoopa with uturn. Ur still gna get koed if they drop a fight z + hp fire on tho so u might need to play around that a bit.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpD / 196 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Iron Head
- U-turn
Hey dude, thnx for the rate, I knew this suggestion would come. because jirachi is the best lele counter

I think your calcs are wrong. I will show you what I mean. (I might post a replay to show how is does in action).

Firtst of all you don't use lefties in your calcs.

The most common situation is a lele/sableye lead. they wil always use moonblast over psyshock.

First calc:
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 51-60 (14 - 16.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery

After the first hit magearna is around 90%.

Fire off a Fleur cannon.

If they click psychock:

second calc:

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Magearna in Psychic Terrain: 87-103 (23.9 - 28.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'm at 70% hp

I use heart swap giving lele -0,5 spatt. and they swith out and I pain split up to around 85%

next time lele comes in he is at 40-45% bacause of the fleur canon,

Second Chansey checks non specs/matrenome lele.

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey in Psychic Terrain: 261-307 (37.1 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (261, 264, 267, 270, 273, 276, 279, 282, 285, 288, 291, 294, 297, 300, 303, 307)

So sorry but I dont agree with your suggestion and change to the team. Magearna does check lele.

Ooook, I forgot about the lefties my bad. Anyways, it was a suggestion but the following is something I completely disagree with.

This is taken from another rmt but he wouldn't be the 1st to do this anyways. A lot of players always cm on sableyes protect t1 and they'll almost guranteed to psyshock chansey/mag in ur case t2. I'm too lazy to think how this is gna pan out. I guess the only thing u can takeaway from this is to be aware of this and maybe not protect on a lele lead and hard into mag or even lead mag, duno just some things to think about. Sorry it wasn't helpful xd.
Ive come in that situation many times before, I appreciate your rate,
Most times if they lead lele and I protect and they calm mind. they go for a moonblast anyway. magearna takes nothing. when I switch to mag and take the moonblast is just click heartswap and ends up with a +1 spdef/spa and lele is at 0 again. just ko it after with a fleur or pain split and I'm fine again. Trust me I didn;t end up at top 10 if get destroyed by lele. Lele is one of the most common mons in the tier.

Hey raknar L! It is a pretty decent team, there is one change I would like to make, though, since you mostly benefit from it.

>
:
This change benefits your team quite a lot, in my opinion. It helps with your Zygarde weakness, it reduces the Earthquake damage for Magearna, it gives your Pokémon additional recover, the list goes on. You could make certain set changes for certain Pokémon (e.g. you can run Stone Edge for Zapdos, Superpower for Heatran and Ferrothorn).

[Optional]nubzie made a pretty good suggestion with the Jirachi already, so that suggestion does not to be regurgitated again.

Scald > Ice Beam (
):
I do not think Ice Beam is worth being run at this point, although I respect the idea that you want to hit Landorus' and Zygardes with it. Scald still hits Landorus-Therian super-effectively and you can fish for a burn, if that is what you desire.

Sorry for taking so long, by the way. I wanted to do this rate before the other one, but I had priorities to set :I I hop I helped anyhow ^^

Hey raknar L! It is a pretty decent team, there is one change I would like to make, though, since you mostly benefit from it.

>
:
This change benefits your team quite a lot, in my opinion. It helps with your Zygarde weakness, it reduces the Earthquake damage for Magearna, it gives your Pokémon additional recover, the list goes on. You could make certain set changes for certain Pokémon (e.g. you can run Stone Edge for Zapdos, Superpower for Heatran and Ferrothorn).

[Optional]nubzie made a pretty good suggestion with the Jirachi already, so that suggestion does not to be regurgitated again.

Scald > Ice Beam (
):
I do not think Ice Beam is worth being run at this point, although I respect the idea that you want to hit Landorus' and Zygardes with it. Scald still hits Landorus-Therian super-effectively and you can fish for a burn, if that is what you desire.

Sorry for taking so long, by the way. I wanted to do this rate before the other one, but I had priorities to set :I I hop I helped anyhow ^^

Thnx for the rate though!!!

Bulu is more of a balance mon it is not as good for stall because it doesnt have good recovery, Quag is the best zygarde counter specialy with ice beam, its so nice because it can't setup on it. There a few zygarde with Z-iron tail running around so that means my koko counter is gone, only a banded outrage does over 50% against quag, if it use any other move you can pp stall it or swith to magearna if it use outrage. When you run bulu heatran becomes a threat dure the fact you give it 50% less dmg in ground moves and 6% recovery, If I use stall I take my apponent down slowly and dont want to give it hp back. Scald is in my opinion useles, I run toxic so I want to toxic things not burn. If i dont run ice beam on quag I auto lose against Sub toxic zygarde because scald doesnt brake the sub. Lando isnt a thin, zapdos checks lando (just scout for the Rockium-z). Also amoongus is a posion type so it can eat up any toxic or toxic spikes and also is a great kartana check. So sorry I don't think your suggestion wil benefit the team for even 1%.

Last edited:
Thnx for the rate though!!!

Bulu is more of a balance mon it is not as good for stall because it doesnt have good recovery, Quag is the best zygarde counter specialy with ice beam, its so nice because it can't setup on it. There a few zygarde with Z-iron tail running around so that means my koko counter is gone, only a banded outrage does over 50% against quag, if it use any other move you can pp stall it or swith to magearna if it use outrage. When you run bulu heatran becomes a threat dure the fact you give it 50% less dmg in ground moves and 6% recovery, If I use stall I take my apponent down slowly and dont want to give it hp back. Scald is in my opinion useles, I run toxic so I want to toxic things not burn. If i dont run ice beam on quag I auto lose against Sub toxic zygarde because scald doesnt brake the sub. Lando isnt a thin, zapdos checks lando (just scout for the Rockium-z). Also amoongus is a posion type so it can eat up any toxic or toxic spikes and also is a great kartana check. So sorry I don't think your suggestion wil benefit the team for even 1%.
I think you built your team explicitly to counter certain Pokémon. Quagsires standard set works so well in so many situations. Scald maybe did not come in handy for you yet, but it is surely going to be the case in the future, there is a reason why a lot of people run that set on stall. Tapu Bulu is more of a balance Pokémon, yes, but could we not also make the same point for Magearna? About the Sub Toxic Zygarde set: Quagsire may not do the trick on its own, but together with Tapu Bulu it is possible to break the Zygarde, I feel. Heatran is an issue to the team, but it always was one. Quagsire can get toxiced on the switch and then it cannot come in ever again, while the Heatran just recovers. What i was trying to accomplish with that change was to simply have something that damages Heatran well enough to the point where Chansey can pick it off. Uhh yea, this was just a little insight of the process of the change and response to, well, your response. I hope you do not feel offended or anything. :I

Im not offended, I really appreciate your rate, the point I'm trying to make is that I was never weak against zygarde and heatran, quag 1vs1 zygarde easily and sableye 1vs1 heatran an stall it out of magma stroms and become useles.

Last edited:
Hello Raknar. Great team!

I think I ran into this team on the ladder when I was testing with SD stallbreaker Gliscor, and when I thought I was about to win that Ice beam on Quagsire was whipped and I was shook lol. Luckily I had mega Hera and won with ease, but I'll get back to that later.

I'm an avid bulky balanced/semistall builder and I even delve into stall here and there (I consider it my evil side lol) and I have come to the same conclusion as you: Lele is simply the best and most common wallbreaker (I was experimenting with Mew on stall for this), and that Zapdos is absolutely the best and most reliable defogger on defensive teams. Zapdos's ability to EASILY shut down Hawlucha, Pinsir, Scizor, and Kartana while being a blanket check to many physical attackers is very valuable. Also I realized that in this meta, stall without an Unaware mon is almost impossible.

Before I get to the rating, I just want to say that AV stomping tantrum Amoonguss and Heart Swap/pain split Magearna are very nice ideas. Especially Magearna because longevity was always a problem I had when incorporating her, so props to that.

I didn't use the team, so I have some questions just from looking it by paper:

Stall teams: How exactly do you beat other stall teams? Pressure Zapdos and 2 toxic users is definitely a plus, but this sounds like a 400+ turn battle.

Mega Heracross: I have legit no idea how you even stand a chance against this mon. Quag takes ~65% so if its healthy you can toxic it, and then maybe wear it down slowly (Amoongus can take a hit). But if the opponent has healing wish support it's actually over.

Volcarona: Chansey is simply the best Volcarona counter, but your chansey not having Toxic is an issue. I know they're not common, but Roost + Bug Buzz / Giga absolutely destroys you (Quag is 2HKO'd by giga)

Magma storm Heatran: Your only switch in is Mega Sableye and that is very shaky. I can tell that you have been relying on luring it with Amoonguss but that is not reliable. If Heatran is Z-fire or if Mega Sableye is weakened this could be a huge problem.

Magnezone + CB Tar / Hoopa: I know that Magnezone doesn't outright beat Magearna, but it weakens it enough to the point Hoopa or Band Tar can actually be quite annoying.

Conclusion:

Your team is really good and of course no team is perfect. I can't suggest valuable changes without changing your team too much. Unaware Clefable would be a huge asset to your team, but it does not really have a place on your team, seeing as Quagsire is needed for Victini and Zard X, and you need Chansey for Zard Y and Gren.

Other than that, I think a minor change to do is to make Zapdos 248 HP / 228+ Def / 32 Spe. This allows it to outspeed max speed Ada T-tar, which is a nice tech since band tar can't 2HKO with stone edge if your faster and can roost it off, this is only worst case scenario if Mag is weakened. Its nothing big but It's a nice tech that comes in handy every now and then.

Some questions out of curiosity:

How has Toxic > Heat Wave on Zapdos helped you? Losing Heat Wave meaning you lose the ability to check Scizor and Excadrill, and now Ferrothorn walls you completely (which makes the only switch in for Ferro is M-Sab and maybe Amoonguss, but you risk Knock Off) which is kind of annoying. Has Toxic been worth it, in your opinion?

Pressure > Static on Zapdos. You almost never see that nowadays. Is it because you think para isn't as good for stall teams anymore or do you value pressure for other stall teams?

Last edited:
Hello Raknar. Great team!

I think I ran into this team on the ladder when I was testing with SD stallbreaker Gliscor, and when I thought I was about to win that Ice beam on Quagsire was whipped and I was shook lol. Luckily I had mega Hera and won with ease, but I'll get back to that later.

I'm an avid bulky balanced/semistall builder and I even delve into stall here and there (I consider it my evil side lol) and I have come to the same conclusion as you: Lele is simply the best and most common wallbreaker (I was experimenting with Mew on stall for this), and that Zapdos is absolutely the best and most reliable defogger on defensive teams. Zapdos's ability to EASILY shut down Hawlucha, Pinsir, Scizor, and Kartana while being a blanket check to many physical attackers is very valuable. Also I realized that in this meta, stall without an Unaware mon is almost impossible.

Before I get to the rating, I just want to say that AV stomping tantrum Amoonguss and Heart Swap/pain split Magearna are very nice ideas. Especially Magearna because longevity was always a problem I had when incorporating her, so props to that.

I didn't use the team, so I have some questions just from looking it by paper:

Stall teams: How exactly do you beat other stall teams? Pressure Zapdos and 2 toxic users is definitely a plus, but this sounds like a 400+ turn battle.

Mega Heracross: I have legit no idea how you even stand a chance against this mon. Quag takes ~65% so if its healthy you can toxic it, and then maybe wear it down slowly (Amoongus can take a hit). But if the opponent has healing wish support it's actually over.

Volcarona: Chansey is simply the best Volcarona counter, but your chansey not having Toxic is an issue. I know they're not common, but Roost + Bug Buzz / Giga absolutely destroys you (Quag is 2HKO'd by giga)

Magma storm Heatran: Your only switch in is Mega Sableye and that is very shaky. I can tell that you have been relying on luring it with Amoonguss but that is not reliable. If Heatran is Z-fire or if Mega Sableye is weakened this could be a huge problem.

Magnezone + CB Tar / Hoopa: I know that Magnezone doesn't outright beat Magearna, but it weakens it enough to the point Hoopa or Band Tar can actually be quite annoying.

Conclusion:

Your team is really good and of course no team is perfect. I can't suggest valuable changes without changing your team too much. Unaware Clefable would be a huge asset to your team, but it does not really have a place on your team, seeing as Quagsire is needed for Victini and Zard X, and you need Chansey for Zard Y and Gren.

Other than that, I think a minor change to do is to make Zapdos 248 HP / 228+ Def / 32 Spe. This allows it to outspeed max speed Ada T-tar, which is a nice tech since band tar can't 2HKO with stone edge if your faster and can roost it off, this is only worst case scenario if Mag is weakened. Its nothing big but It's a nice tech that comes in handy every now and then.

Some questions out of curiosity:

How has Toxic > Heat Wave on Zapdos helped you? Losing Heat Wave meaning you lose the ability to check Scizor and Excadrill, and now Ferrothorn walls you completely (which makes the only switch in for Ferro is M-Sab and maybe Amoonguss, but you risk Knock Off) which is kind of annoying. Has Toxic been worth it, in your opinion?

Pressure > Static on Zapdos. You almost never see that nowadays. Is it because you think para isn't as good for stall teams anymore or do you value pressure for other stall teams?
I beat stall with magearna... like you metioned stall always need a way to win vs a another stall user. like calm mind clef or calm min reuniclus.. I just heart swap there boost off and sweep with magearna. Toxic on zapdos is so nice, you lure in tangrowth, bulu and stuf like garchomp zygarde and lando who are annoying for my team. I actually don't need heat wave on zapdos. quag beats scizor. Sableye is always the switch in on ferro because you don't want hazard on your site of the field, knock-off lefties and 1vs1 feroo. And for mega hera. luckly it's really uncommon this days. amoongus beats it 1vs1 if hera isnt runnig SD. SD is realy hard to play around. magearna can ko it with fleur cannon but isnt faster. Pressure is just so good, let you always defog rocks. criple moves like stone edge, hurricane.. I'm now testing a team with the core: defensive Tangrowth, unaware clefable, Mantine, spdef subcoil zygarde, sableye and magearna.

Nice Team. Not much else to add other than I always recommend Thunderbolt > Discharge on Zapdos. The only thing I can think of worth Paralyzing that isn't better off being hit with Toxic is Heatran. Zapdos is quite hard for offensive pokemon to switch into, so the switch-ins tend to be more defensive. You'll also appreciate the OHKO on Mega Pinsir. They're minor threats, but bulky wincons like M-Latias will 6-0 you they get paralyzed.

hey, nice team. Magearna is a nice Pokemon on stall and checks Tapu Lele decently well, and I do not believe that it needs to be removed. I also disagree with the previous rates, and believe that the team is mostly solid as a whole, with a decent stall v stall matchup as if you're using stall, you must be comfortable with playing a 400 turn game and there is a decent chance of winning, especially against no Sableye-Mega stall. Also, for future reference, replacing Heart Swap for Heal Bell would be better unless you are using a Normalium Z Magearna set.

Tangrowth > Amoonguss. This may seem a little weird at first, considering that Amoonguss was the Toxic Spikes absorbal, but Tangrowth is a much solidder Zygarde check, and also manages to chip Mawile-M and beats Tyranitar, which is the main reason it was used instead of Tapu Bulu. It is also a solid check to Swords Dance Tapu Bulu and checks Kartana too, if Stealth Rock are up and Zapdos cannot check Grassium Z. Tangrowth does lose Toxic Spikes absorbal, which makes Toxic Toxapex much more annoying to handle, but the combination of Heal Bell support and Magic Bounce can keep it in check well.

Heat Wave > Toxic Running Heat Wave on Zapdos is close to absolutely mandatory as it helps against Scizor-Mega, Ferrothorn, and provides an OHKO on Kartana. Toxic is usually a rare move to run on Zapdos as if you're facing stall, they more than likely have Heal Bell on Chansey, Clefable or Magearna as you are often paralyzing switchins. While Tangrowth is a somewhat solid check to Swords Dance Kartana it is not solid enough as boosted Z Moves do a lot of damage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)