Done Make Pivot moves a /ms category

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Fairly simple: add "pivot" as a /ms and /ds-able category. Pivot moves would include Volt Switch, U-Turn, Parting Shot, Flip Turn, and ONLY IN GEN 8 (or LGPE apparently Ivy) Teleport.
and Baton Pass thanks Tmi489
"Pivoting" could also work I guess, I have no strong feelings as to which label is chosen.

This will allow people do do things like /ds recovery, pivot. Right now if you try and do "/ds teleport|uturn|voltswitch|partingshot|flipturn, whatever else" it's too many alternative parameters.

Shoutouts to limlam on Pokemon Showdown for this, no idea what your Smogon is
[22:55:05] limlam: it would be nice if there was a category for pivot moves in the search commands

tbh baton pass would break the point of the command as it is banned in the majority of smogon formats
some label/switch would be nice, or just pivot | baton pass but thats also counterintutive

Getting a pivot modifier would help quite a bit when team building. Are there other categories that could be grouped together? I can think of a category for say drain moves, would help when trying to pair it together with triage for example. I'm sure there could be other categories that could be included.

Getting a pivot modifier would help quite a bit when team building. Are there other categories that could be grouped together? I can think of a category for say drain moves, would help when trying to pair it together with triage for example. I'm sure there could be other categories that could be included.
/ms recovery lists moves affected by triage (and /ds recovery lists mons with recovery moves other than rest).

If this is implemented it would be really nice to be able to do /ds pivot, !baton pass—currently this wouldn’t work based on how /ds recovery works—you cannot both include and exclude a parameter and doing /ds recovery counts as including all recovery moves. As mentioned by Tmi489 having it include baton pass would be quite annoying as it’s banned in almost every Smogon format. This isn’t a great solution though since it would exclude mons that get baton pass and another pivot move.
The ideal way to do this imo would be to have a way to not search for certain moves in the same way that /ds recovery doesn’t include mons that learn rest as their only form of recovery but I’m not sure if that’s feasible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)