OU Mandibuzz

I actually think it may just be a good idea to just change the spread to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef Bold, since it guarantees that Mandibuzz lives Megacham's Adamant High Jump Kick after Stealth Rock, and generally lets it take on physical threats like Talonflame as well as possible.
Should be 248 HP since its a odd value, but okay I just didn't want to have conflicting EVs and wasn't sure which one was more preferred. Thanks SMB for answering my question.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I actually think it may just be a good idea to just change the spread to 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef Bold, since it guarantees that Mandibuzz lives Megacham's Adamant High Jump Kick after Stealth Rock, and generally lets it take on physical threats like Talonflame as well as possible.
It's kinda funny you would suggest this change since it was also your suggestion to add the 44 SpD EVs! The difference between 248/252+ and 248/216+ changes Adamant Megacham's HJK from a 25% to a 6.25% OHKO, and although that's pretty obscure it also helps against:

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Mandibuzz: 298-351 (70.4 - 82.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 289-341 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Fast SD Aegis is rare now but it's hugely underrated imo, so any bit of extra survivability against it, Talon, and Megacham is welcome. Spread has been updated!

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
no mention of U-turn? I think it's a great move to grab momentum and turn mandibuzz somewhat into a pivot, because often mandibuzz is the one forfeiting momentum instead. U-turn has been picking up some popularity and I've used to relative sucess. I think it deserves a slash somewhere

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Making a moveset proposal:

move 1: Foul Play
move 2: Roost
move 3: Defog
move 4: Knock Off / Toxic / Whirlwind

'Moves': Taunt, U-turn, Brave Bird

So, I was talking on IRC, and asking around. No one really runs Mandibuzz without Defog, and it's seriously not worth using if you don't run it. Mandi provides important Defog support that is a huge part of its utility. This is kind of silly to compromise, and when I brought it up to Dice, he agreed. Knock Off is the best option in the last slot just to get rid of items and generally be an annoying prick to this thing's switch-ins. Toxic is also very good to wear down offensive Pokemon and walls that like to take advantage of Mandibuzz alike. Whirlwind is a nice option if you're really weak to certain setup sweepers that you just need out of the way.

Taunt is a nice move to have, but other moves have more utility. Like, it helps stallbreak, but Knock Off is just as troublesome if not more because it wears down opposing non-Megas for your team to take advantage of. I was surprised to see no U-turn mention, as it is a very cool move to have. I recently made a VoltTurn team, and having U-turn on Mandibuzz was one of the biggest reasons I picked it as a Defogger. So many things can just switch into Mandibuzz for essentially free and cause it lose momentum, as is often the case with defensive Pokemon. The ability to counteract that and maintain offensive Pokemon is really great. The final move is Brave Bird, which is nice because of the damage it does to things like Mega Venusaur. Also, it's great if you have a particularly Conkeldurr or Chesnaught weak team, as it does good damage to these Pokemon. It's a cool little move in general if you have trouble with certain Grass/Fighting types. It also punishes Keldeo switch-ins, which are generally for basically free -- this is very nice.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
o should have 16 spe to outrun adamant azu/mawile in case they are weakened enough for you to screw with foul play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)