Manesh Hoopa Code Giveaway: The Hoopaning (Closed for now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Hey Hey 077.jpg
I would love a Hoopa. Thanks ahead of time! One buyer's remorse that makes me cringe up to today was deciding to buy the story line of One More Day in the Spider-Man comics. I was really into collecting comic books at the time and everything about those 4 issues just made me burn out rather quickly. Don't get me wrong I still love comic book heroes just as much as pokemon but this made me just stop buying them at stores for a long time. Instead now I just keep up with what is going on in comics from what I hear from my friends and things I see online.

Death Phenomeno

I'm polite so just for clarity, when I'm cross I
is a Contributor Alumnus
Buyers remorse… oh boy. I've got a lot, but this one specifically still hurts.

Back in 2003 (I think?) when Wind Waker was about to come out, there was this pre-order bonus that could get you Ocarina of Time / Master Quest. I don't know if any of you remember it. Anyway, it was impossible to get in my country, so I was resigned to never have it.

Then, I discovered online shopping. I went to our equivalent of eBay and there it was. It was a little expensive, but I paid it anyway and waited for the shipment to arrive.

And waited, and waited, and waited…

After a week, I decided to contact them with the phone number provided. No answer. Another week and I just came to the conclusion that I was scammed. Then someone finally answered the phone. They said that they received the game without the bundle, so they could give me a gamepad as an apology. I accepted.

Two weeks later (!) I finally received the game. I tried the new gamepad with the new game and… the bloody C-Stick doesn't work. I tried the number again, and again nobody answered. I was so angry, but I learned the lesson.

TL;DR: I got Wind Waker for more money that I should've spent, and a GC gamepad that doesn't truly work.

I placed the gamepad on the picture. I still have it on plain sight, so I never forget the lesson (and as a monument for my own stupidity).

Thank you for the giveaway!

Attachments

Hi! I've been looking for a Hoopa code for ages! Boy, I'm so happy to know you're willing to do a giveaway, many thanks :).

All right, I've had way too many remorses. First of all it's thanks to them that I now owe my mother around $400 usd. The first was a few months ago when I was new to ebay, I knew nothing about boot merch. So, my favourite Pokémon are Yveltal, Arceus, Giratina and Zekrom. I was looking for some figures or plushies of them and I ended up on ebay. I bought the ones that were the cheapest and most of them came from HK, Taiwan and China. When they arrived, god, they were all made so horribly I couldn't believe I was scammed. I was really sad and I had a great argument with my mother. Later, I researched about the topic and found out about booties, I regret doing that so much. A few days later, I thought that only happened with plushies so I bought figures instead but I was looking for Sofubi figures and other smaller ones. I couldn't find an Arceus one so I bought a capsule Dark type Arceus figure. A few weeks later I found a legit DX Sofubi Figure of Arceus on another site but it came with a Pichu figure (which I'm not interested in), now I have an extra Arceus figure I didn't really intend to buy and a Pichu figure I don't want. I've tried selling them to get the money back but nobody seems to want'em and I still owe my mom a lot of money. In the end I learnt I should never buy anything from ebay AND Amazon, especially after buying a second Yveltal plush which was supposed to come from Japan (it came from China, yes, a bootie again). I finally got some legit merch but at higher prices, although I would've spent much less if I hadn't bought both legit and bootie merchandise. :(

Anyway, thanks again for the giveaway :D!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Sorry if the photo is inverted. :(

Umm... I don't spend much generally, so not much buyer's remorse happened on me, but there was once that I stepped into a clothes shop, thinking the shirt that they were showcasing was beautiful, it was- with quite a unique design, compromising on different fabric pieces to turn the clothing into a showcase for a combination of the patterned fabrics. It looked really good, and had a mixture of elegance and style. It was a pretty small shop, so I could not try it on, but I am confident that it was going to be good so I bought it immediately.

Turned out that it just looked good on paper, or model dolls. It simply made me look fat, and all the beauty of the clothing was lost as it just looked like not to be a fit with me, even though I could worn it perfectly. All the thing that the shirt had it going was gone once someone worn it. That was a huge disappointment as I could not even made it out of the home as my mum saw it and told me it just looked bad and told me to change out of it. I never worn it again... So I had never worn it, just that one time I tried it on at home.

Well, that was just a waste of money.

And that's my big buyer's remorse. Thank you for hosting the Hoopa Giveaway again, I really appreciate it and thanks for reading my long post! :D

Attachments

I don't buy stuff very often, so I don't have any good stories of buyer's remorse in terms of wasted money. But emotionally, there is one event that stands out.

Two years ago, I got into my first relationship with a girl. It was fairly short, only a couple of months, but I guess I get a story out of it. While we were dating, she mentioned that she had a DS Lite. Like any good Smogonite, I tried to convince her to play pokemon. She didn't have any games, but I said I'd let her borrow my Leaf Green. Then she told me that she didn't have a DS charger. As I used a regular DS (DS Phat?) and a 3DS, I did not have a compatible charger. However, my sister did have a DS Lite, so I told my ex that I'd find the charger for her in a few days. However, once I started looking for the charger, I realized I had no idea where it was. Not wanting to disappoint my first girlfriend, I ordered a DS Lite charger on Amazon, and didn't tell her that I bought it just for her. (It was only like $10 or something, the money wasn't really an issue)

A couple of weeks later, we broke up, and I was left with a DS Lite charger and a broken heart. And that's the only time I've ever really had buyer's remorse.

I buy a lot of stuff, but surprisingly, I don't have much buyer's remorse stories.
Something that I regret buying is Super Monkey Ball 3D. I had read the reviews so I wasn't expecting much of the game, but I kinda liked the DS version. The game was on sale so I decided to buy it, I played it a couple times and it's now collecting dust :P

picture.jpg

Thanks for the giveaway! Super excited for a Hoopa!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mrpjq9l8y7g3utu/20150909_102929.jpg?dl=0

My story involves my brother and I, around 13/14 years old at the time. We were really into paintball and had gone to multiple birthday parties at paintball places. A couple of our friends even had their own guns. We begged our parents but they wouldn't buy any for us, but then we had an idea to buy them with our own allowance. However, the ones in stores were really expensive so we decided to get some used ones off eBay. I suppose you can guess what happened next, they arrived and didn't work at all! One of the always jammed and the other would fire a paintball with barely enough force to break the ball. Needless to say we were pretty upset as we watched months of our allowance go down the drain. I think my parents have them still in a box in the basement. Maybe I should sell them on eBay...

I hope this is reopened, Thanks a lot for the giveaway, its freaks me out being able to get one code.

So my story is kinda simple, i live with my parents and obviously i dont have a credit card, so when i was younger it was a pain in the ass to ask my mom for the card, i had to beg her like for weeks (shes pretty conservative), so one day i finally got her to add me some steam funds, i relentless went online and bought Team Fortress 2, i was so excited, but then like 2 weeks later the game became free to play and i was given a crappy hat for being it prior to the F2P phase, it sucked so hard, and with the remainins i bought From Dust, an ubisoft game, played it like 2 hours and got bored, turned out it really sucked.

Anyways, thanks a lot dude, be safe.

I have many tales of remorse(at least two), and as is your first responder's outcry, Destiny was a waste of money, and- even more saddening- potential. I deluded myself into wanting it after all the hype, and played it for a while. I realize now that it is an inferior version to Borderlands, even if it is aesthetically pleasing. A short campaign left me feeling underwhelm, and to the internet I went, holding on to the hope that there was more to come, that the pulsating, levitating metallic blob of phlegm I had just annihilated was only the first of many colossal foes I would slay. It wasn't, and the people on the thread I found were irate that others felt it wasn't long enough. Now, though, I can soon have an actually GOOD futuristic game that will last me till the moon crashes down to Earth. Three days, then. But Fallout shall hold me until TES: VI.
I also pre-ordered CoD: Ghosts- the Hardened Edition, mind you, because I was young and foolish and didn't expect Infinity Ward to make such a utterly terrible game. The multiplayer should be taken out back and shot, Extinction was bad, third-rate zombies, and the campaign felt unresolved on too many levels. Also, I was, and still am, pissed off on how they took the ending scene of MW2 and replaced it with a truck. Exact same animation, different texture. The multiplayer also committed a grave crime: no real level progression. Weapons, perks, all of that is unlocked with tokens, so they took out any point in leveling up other than bragging rights.

I also paid $450 to replace the keyboard on my school Mac. And by broken keyboard I mean broken key. Singular. As in less than a cubic millimeter of plastic broke off. And this is why Apple is a joke. Because how can anyone take them as a legitimate enterprise if they sell phones that break at the mere notion of being dropped, and run extortion based on not making extra keys. I am ranting at this point, thankyouverymuch, but that was an extension of the request. And I'm done now.
Hoopa Card.jpg

EDIT: To the guy who deleted my other post, sorry about that. I didn't put two and two together about editing. Also, Djura, thank you. As someone who only really started fully playing Pokemon (READ: I never bothered playing online or setting that up), I'm grateful for you giving me the chance to get some Pokemon I would have never seen outside of a friend with an action replay.

Attachments

Last edited:
Well as for my buyers remose definetely last month i bought gears of wars 3 after being a long time FPS player to try to change things a bit but it was way to hard for me and no matter how long i tryed to get better at it it was simply hopeless, always ended up at the bottom of the score in multilayer matches, even with the help with a few friends who did good at it, so eventually stoped trying and since i bought it digital on xbox 360 i couldnt refund it and what makes it my number one buyers remose is that around a month after buying it it was released free for games with gold, so yeah. pure waste

Attachments

So here is some buyers remorse for you where multiple people got ripped off. Back in 2014 there was a game on Steam called Starforge. It looked to be an awesome game. It was a green-light early access game. One of the first in fact. However over the course of nearly 8 months from when I bought it the developers dropped 100% of the list of what they were shooting for and released the game as version 1.0 when the game was clearly in a late alpha state of programming. So I went to steam to ask for my money back because the game was false advertising. At this point I had found out that the company that made this game (Code}{atch) was removed from steam for false advertisement of this game Starforge! Then Steam let them come back! I was like what in the world! Anyway Steam replied to my plea and said that all refunds are provided by the company that makes the games, basically the developers. So I went into the forums and saw that there were hundreds of people asking for refunds, even a couple thousand or more. Every single one of them were told no by the developers and banned after the response. Code}{atch afterward dropped the game and never looked back. Since the game is standing in an incredibly broken state. Many if I could I would have never bought that game. I would go back in time in order to prevent myself from doing it.

Attachments

Here's my buyer's remorse story: Back in 2008 I was excited for the new Guitar Hero, now featuring drums and vocals. I walked almost two miles and bought GH World Tour, the whole band bundle with the drums, and walked back home carrying the giant box. I played it for a couple weeks and it was great, mostly the drums. Then one day one of the drumpads stopped responding to my hits. I thought, "oh there must be a loose wire or something", so I opened it up. I couldn't close it up after I opened it and never got it fixed. I probably could have sent the drums in to Activision but I was young and dumb. Anyway, thanks for doing this giveaway!

Attachments

I bought the Ultimate Nes Remix thinking by the way that it sounded on the back was a really awesome game of all of my old favorite Nintendo games (in their full versions) mashed together in puzzle and adventure modes. So excited, I got home and started playing the game. Most of my favorite games were locked and the individual games were nothing like the full versions in the way that I thought. I regret ever buying the game because it is so hard to unlock anything and it is only in bits and pieces that were not as perceived in their advertisement. I was so greatly disappointed, I have not touched the game since.

Attachments

As someone with limited capital I don't like buy without thinking, even though i have two relative recent stories about it:

My first story is about destiny, first of all I've never been too much into FPS but my brother told me severeal times he wanted to play it, so one day i went to get a copy of Davil May Cry trilogy and while doing i decided to buy Destiny too, I mean, what could go wrong with a game from the halo guys, and even if I don't like it my brother will play it, i've never been so wrong, my brother only played the first week and has never touched it again and I only played it as much for two hours, so it is just there collecting dust.

My second story is about Super Smash Bros for 3ds I bought this game because of my friends, everyone got a copy and used to play local multiplayer to fight each other, so after some matches with them playing the demo, I decided it was a good idea to get the full version, i played this game for a month, but as the time passed, the game got boring so I stoped playing it at all and when the dlcs came out I felt betrayed by nintendo, but luckily talking to a friend about it he decided to buy my game so at least I could get some money back from the game.

minRes.jpg

Yay for buyer's remorse...

My very first Pokémon game was Silver, and I purchased many more Pokémon games after that, and only after the release of Diamond and Pearl or something, I decided that I needed to get Gold Version somehow. It seemed to be fitting, since I had started with Silver. So I went looking around at different gaming stores, since I was kind of young and I didn't know how to look up something online. I eventually found it at some record store, and I bought it. It was cheap, probably like five dollars or something. So I put it into my old teal Gameboy color, for maximum nostalgia effects. It played like normal (no Lost Silver escapades in this cartridge), and I picked Cyndaquil because he's super cute and I played for a bit and saved my game and decided to play later. Except for when I returned to play again, it had been reset. I knew this could happen, but I was still kind of upset about it. So I returned it, and gave up getting Gold Version for a while. But it cropped up again, and I went out on a search for it a second time. And I found it at some other place, and I bought it, and I picked Cyndaquil again because he's still super cute and I played for a bit and saved my game and decided to play later. And, once again, I came to play it again and it had been reset. So twice I had spent money on Gold Version, and twice it didn't work. So that was sad.

Oh well, I guess. I still don't have Gold Version. But that's okay. ORAS is cool.

Attachments

IMG_20150910_193350_660.jpg
PLEASE AND THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR HOOPA! YAY!!!! BEEN WAITING FOR ONE OF THESE SINCE THE REVEAL!!!

[EDIT]
SO, I went back and double checked the rules.

Buyer's remorse? Uhh, Well I have been playing magic the gathering for the last couple years now. (is that enough? lol) Anyways, the only format I usually play is EDH or Commander, whichever you want to call it, and one day I decided to fork over the money for a booster box. Well it was a preorder so i got it for 80 instead of the usual.. uh 100? Yeah i payed that much for a box of trading cards which only had a small chance to make back the money. Even though I got 2 Polluted Delta's and 2 other fetch lands, it was still not enough to pay for the box. After being so excited about it, now I have all these Khans commons and uncommons that i probably will never use.

So there you have it, probably my worse buyers remorse. Most expensive too >.>

Last edited:
Well, buyers remorse, huh? It's funny because my history actually started yesterday.

I went and bought some screen protectors for my 3DS, and they were pretty cheap and everything. Everyone was happy! Well, i had this... idk... FANTASTIC IDEA of putting it in my classroom and my classmates obviously had to be assholes and started playing with all kind of dusts to ever exist in Earth. When they finally stopped (at least that's what i thought) i went and tried to install the protector, and one of my classmates sent flying some erraser leftovers in the exact moment i was putting the top screen protector....
I guess you can guess the end of it.

Does the 3DS gamepad also work for this thing? because tbh, i can't seem to find a nearby pencil anywhere :P

WIN_20150911_09_06_15_Pro.jpg

Thanks in advice!

PS: If you look down in the top screen, the erraser leftover should be clearly visible.

I have a story. I bought a game i think it was called beyond earth right. I was thrilled looked great. So i take it home try to install it, wouldnt work. I figure out it needs internet. No problem i take it to the library and insttall it. It wouldnt run. It took me awhile to find out thar the game was discontinued. And for reasons i have forgotten, i couldnt return it. This is my first legendary event i am trying to get. Truly appreciate a site like this giving us a chance. Thanks.

Attachments

http://imgur.com/sF7P6fG

Had a few cases of buyer's remorse. I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite at full price ($60) and ever since Brink before that, I will never do it again. What got me to pre-order despite that though was it came with Bioshock, XCOM, and Civ V as well. It eventually became not as worth since I enjoyed Civ V but later saw the Golden edition for only $12 and got that (never got a extra copy of Civ V due to upgrade version), and I was pretty disappointed by the ending.

Another one more recently, I bought some pizza because I had a coupon for basically 50% off the whole order, but now I have a lot of leftovers, and I figured out I also had some pizza dough to make homemade pizzas with.

Thanks for what you are doing in this thread.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I wanna get myself a Hoopa so I can spook my friends (hence my username).

My buyers remorse story? Well, it all started back in 2012. I had gotten an iPhone for Christmas, and I decided to get some music. I asked my dad, and he put some songs on there for me. All was good. But then I got really into a few different musical artists and started mass buying music. I mean I bought a lot. I thought I was so slick and no one would find out.

But then my dad got charged for all the music. He was so angry. I had spent almost $1,000 on different songs and albums. My dad made me refund as much as I could, but that still didn't cover the bills. So, that summer, I had to get a job working at McDonalds, and work off all that money, not to mention not being able to do anything else that summer due to being grounded. I rarely buy any songs now.

So, that was my story. Thanks in advance for the Hoopa. It's really cool you're doing this.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for this giveaway!

Now, onto my remorse. A couple (~4) years ago, I was living in India. In the city I lived in, I knew but 1 place I could buy pokemon related merchandise. I had gotten some money for something so I decided to buy a couple games I was missing. The store itself was tiny. In the corner inside a big shopping complex, no more than 10 people could fit inside. But it had a lot of shelf space and games. I start looking around a my eyes set upon a pirated game. It had ~220 games in 1 cart and costed only ~$15 more than a single normal game. It had all the gen 4 games + ~10 more decent games. The other 190 were stuff I never heard of and never touched. And I was looking to get myself a HG at that time. Additional copies of the rest couldn't hurt right? Well the game lasted 30 days before biting the dust.

Proof of USA Games: http://imgur.com/Mjn8zMF

Apparently the image was too large so I uploaded to imgur.

Last edited:
Thank you for reopening this!

My case of buyer's remorse comes from the Action Replay. Granted, it was very fun at the time. However, over time I grew out of hacking and wanted my Pokemon obtained legitimately. Now I have very little or no use for it at all and it just collects dust while I'm breeding and SRing for legitimate Pokemon.

Apologies in advance for having a screenshot of a photograph. The original photograph was too large to upload (idk how).

Attachments

Buyer's remorse? Probably the fact that I bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity I guess... The game was such a big disappointment compared to previous PMD games :(

EDIT: So apparently it ain't long enough... Here goes!

Gates to Infinity was the first game I bought when I got my 3DS XL, as it was the first Pokemon game that required a 3DS. And having played all the previous PMD games, I thought it'd be a good buy. How wrong I was, as the storyline and gameplay both disappointed me by quite a bit :( Well, I still got quite a bit of gametime out of it, so it wasn't a total waste of money, but still. I'm not very rich, so having to pay for something that disappointed me just felt kinda sad.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)