Mario Kart Wii

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just bought the game, and im working on 150 cc right now. Stars are just for wifi bragging rights, right? I had 2 back on MKDS.

Versus Rating I think. Just like how BR might be Battle Rating. Battles are kinda annoying though, so my record for that is like even with a 5500.

I never really do Battle mode, my ratings pretty poor. On the topic of wifi ratings, I was considering making a nintendo wifi ratings thread with all the different games with the system in place and rankings of smogon players but decided it wouldn't be popular enough.
Also a quick question, does anyone else itt not have Brawl? Because I seem to be the most active person here and I've not get it yet, maybe explaining why I'm still here? xD Because I know for a fact I wont be itt as much when Brawl is out in Europe.
Actually that means I need get my worth out of the next week or so because Im going on holiday to America on the 25th and won't get back until two weeks later, meaning Brawl will be waiting and Mario Kart will be forgotten xD So I'm gonna go for 9000 VR and 2 stars!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i just got this game, it is pretty neat :)

The wii wheel is kinda meh for me but i like the wiimote+nunchuck

online battle mode is awesome

I am sitting just above 9k VR, as with Stars, I am one tournament away from 2 stars (aswell as 1 Star), however I keep on getting haxxed to feck on it, and Now I refuse to play Single Player.

Getting Blue Shell, Pow Block causing fall off, Red Shell, Thunder, Banana, Knocked Off, Star'd Knocked off on your final lap of rainbow road and end up coming 9th... still has me riled up :P-

It happens, which is why they call it Mario Kart syndrome for a reason. I wanna race people from this site, but no one seems all that interested.

3 stars :)

I haven't raced properly for a while though. I made a new license and just picked on people, destroying them with stars and seeing how low the points can go. Got down to 2300 so far.

Time trials have lost their appeal too. I can get about a second away from every world record but no closer and it's really frustrating.

MK wifi > Brawl wifi imo too.

Dam i was coming 1st for mushroom gorge then some one beat me then i beat his time then he beat my time then i tried again and got close but then i looked at the rankings again and 2 japanese people found a glitch on how to get 55 seconds on mushroom gorge. Farout i'm pissed all that hard work then a glitch comes up.

ugh, fuck wifi. I was trying to get 9000 VR before I go on holiday and return to find Brawl waiting, and I was on 8900 when I get disconnected (either because my friends router messed up or my connection just sucks, i dont know) and I went down to 8550. I managed to get it back up to 8800, and then I'm playing Maple treeway (just 1st, in front of a really good guy with 9500) when a blue shell hits me on a narrow pathway. Lakitu puts me back on the track and some (BAN ME PLEASE) in the offroader knocks me off again into last place. I finished last and my now Im back to 8500.
I doubt I'll play the game again for a while, because I'll be wrapped up in Brawl but also because this experience has just pissed me off so much. I gave myself a headache from shouting "oh my fucking god" so much...

ugh, fuck wifi. I was trying to get 9000 VR before I go on holiday and return to find Brawl waiting, and I was on 8900 when I get disconnected (either because my friends router messed up or my connection just sucks, i dont know) and I went down to 8550. I managed to get it back up to 8800, and then I'm playing Maple treeway (just 1st, in front of a really good guy with 9500) when a blue shell hits me on a narrow pathway. Lakitu puts me back on the track and some (BAN ME PLEASE) in the offroader knocks me off again into last place. I finished last and my now Im back to 8500.
FUCK ITEMS AND FUCK NINTENDO
I doubt I'll play the game again, or at least not for ages, because I'll be wrapped up in Brawl but also because this experience has just pissed me off so much. I gave myself a headache from shouting "oh my fucking god" so much...
My first race kinda the same thing, cept it was on mario raceway, and I was leading THE ENTIRE TIME. Although it was close, as people were close behind, on the last turn I get Blue Shelled and go to last and got 11th place. The only time I've ever gotten last.

12 players was really too much, it didn't help that the items are even more broken... and they made the crappy ones even worse. Aiming green shells is impossible because they come out on random angles.

I hate to go all Melee vs Brawl on this thread but MKDS is better in pretty much every way imaginable.

Well, I just got this game. I really hate the new MT system, but the wheelies sorta make up for it. It's a shame, because in general, the game is awesome, but this one mechanic has really been bugging me the entire time I've been playing. Tbh, I wish this game used MKDD's MT system. It was so perfect. Meh.

Anyway, once I get everything unlocked, I'd like to play some of you online.

Also, is it even possible to avoid blue shells in this game? I know it was possible in both mkdd and mkds, but those actually had real miniturboes >_>

You can dodge them by a mushroom. Just shroom as soon as it's about to land. Umm i've dodged some by going through DK barrels and that ramp on the N64 DK track.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)