ORAS OU Mega Gallade Balanced team ( first post btw :] )

Introduction:
When ORAS rolled around my most hyped mega was easily mega Gallade; by that nature I wanted to build a team around him but I've been very indecisive toward a few of the pokes. With mega Gallade not having many counters he is one of the premier wall breakers, only struggling with bulky flying types (Gliscor/Skarmory), psychic types (Slowbro/Mew), fairies, and faster pokemon. It has been said many times that Bisharp makes a great partner with Gallade, however, I don't want to use him :/ It would be much appreciated if I were to be provided constructive criticism as you RMT :]

Team Preview:
Gallade_XY.gif
243.gif
645-s.png

630.gif
36.gif
ferrothorn_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a443x.gif

Here is the star of the team Gallade a.k.a Yu-Gi
Gallade_XY.gif
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
@ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
One of the main things that puts Gallade above Medicham is the insane boost he gets from Swords dance, along with added bulk, and speed. It is nearly mandatory that you have stabs moves of either Close combat and Zen headbutt/Psycho cut, with the last move slot being coverage. For power I opted to run Close combat and Zen headbutt and as my last move I decided on Ice punch as it allows me to bait in Landorus/Gliscor on a swords dance and hit them with some hurt, ohkoing both (at max def, max hp) at just +1. It is tough not running knock off as that ohkos Latios and Gengar, with out a chance to miss and screws with items. However I find it more effective to SD up on a predicted switch, as close to nothing can take a +2 close combat. Things such as Altaria, Clefable, mew and Slowbro can take this set on with ease, not to mention Sableye.

243.gif

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
@ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
With great speed Raikou can revenge kill much of the metagame, and put a dent in the rest with volt switch. The moveset I opted for is Volt switch, Thunderbolt, Shadow ball, and HP Ice. Volt switch is for momentum, which Gallade so dearly loves. Thunderbolt is a powerful reliable STAB, plain and simple, Shadow ball is for ohkoing Gengar, denting the Latis and mew, and HP Ice destroys Lando-t and Gliscor, the latter after rocks, both of which this team hates. He pairs well with Gallade getting rid of the bulky water and flying types while Gallade destroys steel and rock types that can stop raikou, also denting dragons with ice punch. Raikou does overall good damage to many mons and is a solid member of the team.

645-s.png

EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 212 Spe
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
Now adamant Lando isn't seen often, but I feel he has a welcomed niche for this team, being able to ohko mega Metagross and Latios, both of which are huge threats that highly pressure my walls as well as my offensive pokemon. The given speed allows him to out speed 135 base speed pokes (Lopunny/Manectric). The damage output isn't all that much greater but only sacrificing speed against Sceptile, Beedrill, and Aerodactyl is fine by me if I could knock out two of the most powerful pokemon in the tier. The move set for Landorous includes Earthquake (no explanation), Knock off ( for Gengar and Latios and also the screw with switch ins), Stone edge (for the powerhouse that is mega Zard-y and Talonflame), and U-turn (for momentum which gallade appreciates so dearly). Other than the EV's the Lando set is very standard but pairs well with Raikou and Gallade as an offensive core, picking off many faster threats and powerhouses, while being able to provide intimidate fodder and sponge a few hits.
630.gif

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
@ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
This team desperately needed a Bisharp check as that thing could come in and out and sucker punch me to hell and it also needed a physical wall and a defogger. The pokemon that best fit the role was Mandibuzz which is one of the most defensive mons there is and provides good support with Foul play, damaging physical attackers immensely as well as Toxic. The EV's are simple and the move set consist of Foul play, Roost (for recovery), Defog, and Toxic (to cripple switch ins). Cut and simple Mandibuzz fits the role of a defensive wall but can be taunt bait. One option i was considering was using taunt but there wasn't nearly as much to draw me toward using it.

ferrothorn_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a443x.gif

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
@ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Careful Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
In need of a water check and a Stealth rocker I decided on Ferrothorn. I was also highly considering on Heatran, as Magnezone is a fuckboy, but having another ground weakness and less physical bulk was a turn off for me, while iron barbs turned me on :]. Ferrothorn is just so damn bulky and can compliment Gallade nicely, getting rid of water/fairy types and pokemon such as Swamerpt and Quagsire that give my offensive mons problems. However, Ferrothorn is worn down easily and needs recovery, which he has access to. The move set leaves me with Stealth rock, Leech seed (for recovery and forcing switches), Protect ( for more recovery), and Power whip. This is nasty 4MSS as I don't have Gyro ball for fairies and faster frail pokemon. This leaves me with simply leech seeding things like the Latis, while against Sceptile I'm walled, ironic as it is as I'm supposed to wall it. I could run Gyro ball over Protect but that limits my recovery which Ferrothorn desperately needs. Ferrothorn's fighting weakness is covered with its partners of Lando, Mandi, and Clefable, however its nasty fire weakness is unaccounted for.

36.gif

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
@ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind
With Sableye wrecking my team after a CM I needed a wall and with unaware Clefable is perfect, aslo handling things like mega Altaria. Clefable also acts as a wish passer/calm mind sweeper.The moveset is Moonblast, Wish, Protect, Calm mind. With both Gallade and Lando taking care of steel types Clefable may easily set up a CM and sweep. Another pokemon I was considering is Banded Scizor for fairies and damage, however again magnezone is a fuck boy.

A few pokemon that this team has problems with are Mamoswine, lead Breloom, mega zard x, scarf fire types, banded Scizor, Celebi, banded Azumarill, Keldeo, and Zapdos.

Attachments

Last edited:
I'm just going to say: Lati twins wreck your team. I'm talking about HP Fire Lati@s. Your only two chances are Clef and Mandi. Btw, you don't have any items (>'-')> ? <('-'<)
I see what kind of team you're going for, but like you said, Gliscor sort of annoys your team. I think other than Lando-T, I'd go for something with decent offensive pressure while still maintaining decent bulk and speed (aka Lati twins). Specifically, Latios.

Ferro easily walls your team. Your only hope is Gallade, which is pretty frail overall. This is another reason to go for Latios. Ferro cant really touch Latios withmuch but Leech Seed, but Latios stops it in its tracks with HP Fire.

Overall, nothing much is wrong with your team. It is quite hard to rate your team when you dont have items & natures displayed. I think this team has excellent potential; keep up the good work my friend! (*Please note that you do not have to take these suggestions. Thank you!)

I'm just going to say: Lati twins wreck your team. I'm talking about HP Fire Lati@s. Your only two chances are Clef and Mandi. Btw, you don't have any items (>'-')> ? <('-'<)
I see what kind of team you're going for, but like you said, Gliscor sort of annoys your team. I think other than Lando-T, I'd go for something with decent offensive pressure while still maintaining decent bulk and speed (aka Lati twins). Specifically, Latios.

Ferro easily walls your team. Your only hope is Gallade, which is pretty frail overall. This is another reason to go for Latios. Ferro cant really touch Latios withmuch but Leech Seed, but Latios stops it in its tracks with HP Fire.

Overall, nothing much is wrong with your team. It is quite hard to rate your team when you dont have items & natures displayed. I think this team has excellent potential; keep up the good work my friend! (*Please note that you do not have to take these suggestions. Thank you!)
My bad lol, but raikou has shadow ball and if lati is running hp fire gallade outspeeds them, landorus is scarf, and Mandy can take a Draco + if worst comes to Worst ferro can take an hp fire along with clefable

This team is weak to Greninja (remember this? hahaha)

Going serious, building with gallade is not as easy as it seems, is a nice balance team, probably i would add an assault vest pokemon for protecting yourself for lati@as

This team is weak to Greninja (remember this? hahaha)

Going serious, building with gallade is not as easy as it seems, is a nice balance team, probably i would add an assault vest pokemon for protecting yourself for lati@as
lol those were the days, not. Possibly an AV Raikou, but then again Raikou doesn't hit very hard with out a boosting item. What would you suggest, I just can't replace Raikou or Clefable as I've tried that and I was much less successful.

Hi, first thing that screems to me is: put Knock Off over Zen Headbutt on Gallade. It gives you much better coverage against psychic types like slowbro or lati@s. The second change i suggest i change ferrothorn's spread to 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD Relaxed nature as its more optimal that yours. Jolly nature on Landorus-T would help since its your only charizard x counter and you want to outspeed it at +1. I recomend you one pokemon change. Its Latias for Raikou. It pathes up your weakness to charizard y and keldeo still keeping all the things raikou stoped in check. With Reflect Type you won't get pursuit trapped from tyranitar charizard's most common team member.
Sets:
Gallade
:
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
Ferrothorn
:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Landorus-T
:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Latias
:
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Hi, first thing that screems to me is: put Knock Off over Zen Headbutt on Gallade. It gives you much better coverage against psychic types like slowbro or lati@s. The second change i suggest i change ferrothorn's spread to 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD Relaxed nature as its more optimal that yours. Jolly nature on Landorus-T would help since its your only charizard x counter and you want to outspeed it at +1. I recomend you one pokemon change. Its Latias for Raikou. It pathes up your weakness to charizard y and keldeo still keeping all the things raikou stoped in check. With Reflect Type you won't get pursuit trapped from tyranitar charizard's most common team member.
Sets:
Gallade
:
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
Ferrothorn
:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
Landorus-T
:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Latias
:
Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Reflect Type
You are so right with zard x, I totally forgot about that monster when making this team, with knock off I lose ZH for conk and tentacruel, and I'd much rather just hard switch on the predicted switch or SD up if the Mon is at a low amount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)