Mega Lati

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Latias: 80/100/120/140/150/110 (+20 Attack, +30 Defense, +20 Special Attack, +30 Special Defense)

Mega Latios: 80/130/100/160/120/110 (+40 Attack, +20 Defense, +30 Special Attack, +10 Special Defense)

Both keep Levitate.

Sure SoulDew would have been better but now they can come back in the meta.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
I wouldn't use them at all - Special Attack and Special Defense stats are still much lower than they would be with Soul Dew and the Attack boosts are mostly useless. The Defense boosts are nice, but Lati@s really wanted enough Speed to outspeed Arceus formes. No new typing or abilities means that they're really useless and I wouldn't bother sacrificing my Mega slot for them.

Terrible megas for ubers lol. ubiquitous of fairies and steel+psychic in meta makes mega lati pretty much useless. It can't even check ogre. :(

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
maybe I'll try out Mega Latias since there's no soul dew (plus I had to do that crazy bet and test out every mega), but its really going to pale in comparison. These megas are huge disappointments really =/

I could have done with these base stats and moved on from the loss of Soul Dew if they had gotten better abilities. I don't see much of a major difference from their regular forms which allows you to some other mega. Whats worse is that the +40 atk increase on mega Latios means more noobs will start using DD Latios early ladder.

Last edited:
It seems really odd that they don't have higher speed, even though they grow jet plane wings upon evolution. I mean, that would have overall been the easiest way to give them a use over their Soul Dew counterparts. Gamefreak logic, I guess.

I'll try MLatias over AVPalkia simply because of Roost/Recover and Quake-immunity.
80/120/150 compared to 90/100/180(AV)
Also Latias is faster.

Honestly, the rumors about mega Latias being fairy type and how they got new abilities were so much better than these real megas. If they at least got new abilities they could differentiate themselves from soul dew, but these megas seem really subpar. (Still waiting on mega Hydreigon with +10 more speed doh)

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Soul Dew Latias: 146-172 (40.1 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Soul Dew Latias in Rain: 135-159 (37 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

vs latias with its megas stats

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias: 194-230 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias in Rain: 182-214 (50 - 58.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

lol mega latias is fucking garb.

Last edited:
Oh well with roost/recover against spout you can just wait till rain stops and pp stall.
But against Icebeam... You can still CM and recover but a crit will kill her.

Hoped for something better... Still a good mon, but SoulDew was so much better...

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Oh well with roost/recover against spout you can just wait till rain stops and pp stall.
But against Icebeam... You can still CM and recover but a crit will kill her.

Hoped for something better... Still a good mon, but SoulDew was so much better...
It's a bad mon, mega mewtwo/kanga are far better users of your mega slot.

Disapointing to me, I expected something to match Soul Dews power such as Adaptability Latios and Multiscale Latias, I don't even think they're gonna get banned to Ubers.

You know, this makes sense that they're not as good as Soul Dew, cause Soul Dew still shows up as banned in the maison and such. I like Latios enough to want to use his Mega Mode, but I'd probably have to build the team around him.

good pic.

Well, I don't see Mega Latios being used that much, but mega latias might have a chance, more specifically, as a bulky CM user. Especially with 80/120/150 defences, which is decent. It might lack the power and special bulk of Dew Latias, but that physical bulk may help a bit compared to Dew Latias.

I hope they release Soul Dew, and both mega stones soon ;-;.

Those designs. Ugh.

To be honest I don't think that either of the Lati twins are going to edge out other Megas like Mewtwo or Kangaskhan for a spot. I don't even see them being banned from OU. It would have been better if they'd gotten new abilities. Multiscale Latias would have been a monster.

Well this was, um, disappointing. These things aren't nearly as good as if they had just released Soul Dew, I'm honestly really questioning their viability at all.

I mean, MLatias takes hits marginally worse on the special side than old Soul Dew Lati did, and it's definitely not gonna be earth-shattering enough offensively to use over something like Kangaskhan-M or MY/MX. Neither is MLatios, for that matter. However, DD Latios will be fun to troll the lower ladder with y/y.

I mean, no differenciating type changes (Dragon / Fairy would have been awesome. Dragon / Steel could have possibly made sense since they're jets, etc.), they both keep Levitate over something bad-ass like Adaptability / Speed Boost / Multiscale that would have made sense, and their Attack boosts are basically irrelevant considering they're still gonna be primarily special attackers.

All in all, to extract a quote from the thread
lol mega latias is fucking garb.

there is absolutly no reason to WASTE your mega slot on these two pokemon.There are some brilliant megas in ubers and latis just fall in comparission

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)