ORAS OU Mega lopunny returns

Hi guys, and welcome to my "mega lopunny return" thread. This is my first RMT and this is my best team but before you guys start reading, listen to this while reading :]]]]].

i wanted to start a beat that can handle stall and has no switch in and i though about hoopa-u. And this thing is so broken

I realised that hoopa-u struggled with umbreon and i added Mega lopunny because it 2 hit okohs and it just a beast like hoopa . In addtion, with that speed this thing is hard to counter for hyper offence team and it beat balence which is great.

when i saw the team, the team looked so weak to talonflame brave bird and other flying mons and a perfect mon was landous( it was over garchomp as the fairy weakess increased)

I added these because we were quite weak weak to weavile and latios and this was a good spikes user and who doent like hazard?

I added these because with rocks and spikes and if it is choice specs this thing is god.

I added this because i wanted a scald switch in and azumaril isnt a great switch in as burn is a thing

John (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

The star of the show! Lopunny mega was one of the two Pokemon i chose to start the team off with because of her fantastic speed and perfect neutral coverage (if anyone corrects me and says Shedinja ill ignore you) The purpose of lopunny is to revenge kill and late game sweep and weaken other pokemon with fake out while baiting Hippowdon, Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, Clefable and pretty much fat Pokemon as whole and then you predict those and go mana( if unware clefable you go hoopa-u or landorus)

Drake (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 120 Atk / 192 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Oh my god this thing is good. I cant even imagine why some people said this thing was going to end up at BL. Seriously in terms of wallbreakers Hoopa-u is by far the best to pair up with mega Lopunny simply because of hoopas crazy powerful attacks and that incredible coverage. Stats don't lie either as Hoopa-u has probably the best mixed offensive stats in the entire tier probably surpassing Kyurem-Black. Hoopa-u tears apart pretty much anything that stands in it way to the point where even fairy types cant switch into this thing without getting blasted with a gunk shot.

gleyno (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

This is the best water type ever this thing has no true switch in (if you say shedinja or unware clefable i will ignore you). First of all this is my keldeo scad switch in and this is our late game sweep and early game sweep. The first reason this is slow however a great sweeper and it can tail glow and sweep and survive hits. In addition, it lives a hit from mega manectric and revnge kil it oh my this thing is so broken.

gleamy (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

This thing is a great mega diance and latios/latias (mega) and this is out weavile counter however you have to keep it healthy as if 3 of them (spoiler: i am gonna make a team around mega diance and weavile and latios) This is our spike user and our main way of beating those mon however if u are vsing calm mind manpahy set u have to switch out and go to hoopa-u/raikou/Mega Lopunny and if you are 1 v1 vs landorus-t and u beat them with magnet rise. However would you really stay in?

Bluno (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

This is like the best rocker ever and my best talonlame counter. with that attack,it does 2 much damdge to clefable and quag. this can wall : scizor talonflame garchomp landorus-t mega lopunny mega altaria mega gallade exadrill ttar This is better than garchomp OMG. however it is walled by skarmary but who cares when u have raikou. lol at this name. Landorus-Therian Serves as the way to not only punish physical attacker with u-turn but is also the teams way of taking care of excadrill and offensive talonflame while also being the teams rock setter.

Rufes (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Finaly,we have choice specs raikou which is probably the best raikou set at the moment due to how it takes advantage of raikou's great bulk and speed tier which makes for a really nice late game cleaner for the team while also scaring out water types and spD talonflame which the last build had a lot of trouble with. Then again the last build hated water types period. Because momentum is always nice so that hoopa can come in with more ease Volt switch was put on in order to help with that. As far as moves go thunderbolt is your basic stab move hitting everything for some nice damage while also smacking water and flying types, next we have calm mind which is used to boost raikou's special attack and special defense which makes it a even bigger threat nabbing some kill's that av raikou couldent get. Next we have hp ice which completes the Bolt beam combination which hits everything but magnezone for neutral damage. Last we have Volt switch which helps grab momentum while also doing some decent damage.

TheGreninjaWarrior21, skarmx2 Omegasization

this thing is so scary that i have no true switch ins. u have to play right to beat it and keep mega lopunny healthy.

wanna use the team here it is (please keep the nickname unless you are bullied by the name)
Drake (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
EVs: 120 Atk / 192 SpA / 196 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

John (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

gleamy (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

gleyno (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Bluno (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Rufes (Raikou) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Last edited:

Nedor

thiccc
hey Angelpichu, grats on the ladder peak / overall success with the build. this is a pretty basic mega lopunny + hoopa-u offense that has many versions built with it, and i have an extremely similar version. i recognize the goal of the team is to essentially use your momentum grabbers alongside hazards to wear stuff down into the range of mega lopunny or raikou. despite that, your switch-ins to all variants of keldeo are pretty limited as manaphy isn't a good check to secret sword; i'm mainly referring to scarf variants easily cleaning the build with ease. now, there is one redundancy in tail glow manaphy (especially with a change being made later on), it functions as a stallbreaker, but you already have lo hoopa-u to easily blast past common defensive mons', as well as hazards + pivots to provide it free switch-ins. a few of your spreads / sets can be optimized indefinitely.

the first drastic change i am making is hp fire latios > tg manaphy. it enhances the backbone of the team by providing a way of not getting swept by keldeo, and being easily broken by zard-y builds if it manages to find a free switch-in. it still gives the team a good wallbreaker that benefits from landorus-t's / raikou's voltturn core, as well as easily taking advantage of teams that require stuff like ferrothorn and mega scizor to check latios and offensive dragons / fairies in general.

as for a few smaller changes, an ev spread change on hoopa-u of 160 atk / 96 spatk / 252 speed with hyperspace fury > dark pulse and psychic > psyshock would be optimal. max speed is mandatory to hit a crucial benchmark of 284 which speed ties with offensive mega altaria, outspeeding max speed adamant landorus-t which has been rising in usage, diggersby, heatran, etc. the attack investment is used to net an ohko on standard mixdef clefable, with the spare ev's dumped into spatk to hit as hard as possible. after doing calcs, i found that the 44 attack you have used on landorus-t isn't relevant at all, so a spread of 248 hp / 244 def / 8 spdef / 8 speed would be much more optimal to take on threatening physical attackers with a better defense stat. power-up-punch > ice punch on mega lopunny is far better in the long run to break down bulkier builds and easier pressure common switch-ins like clefable, hippowdon, and mega venusaur. ice punch is also not particularly needed as you break down bulky grounds well. this isn't mandatory, but i'd recommend testing leftovers cm + volt switch raikou as opposed to your current set as i find specs gets worn down too easily and taken advantage of with bulky grounds being staples on most playstyles, which may lose you momentum or allow the opponent a set-up opportunity.
-----------
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Lopunny (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Rufes (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

that's all from me for now, if you have any questions about my changes feel free to pm me. hope i helped and have a good day! :toast:

Alongside Nedor latios change I wold reccomend rotom-w over raikou. It checks birds far better than landorus, and gives you a volt turn core and another pivot to get hoopa in for free to do some damage. It won't really solve the bisharp issue however as it can only really burn it.
( sorry on mobile so I can't do much.)

thank you guys for the feed back however, if i add latios over manaphy doent magic guard mandibuzz quag beat me and rotom makes me more weak to chansey

thank you guys for the feed back however, if i add latios over manaphy doent magic guard mandibuzz quag beat me and rotom makes me more weak to chansey
Well your main breaker is hoopa and the only reliable check to it would always be mandibuzz. I do think that charizard is a far more important threat to cover atm specially because your team falls apart if it gets any room at all. If you feel comfortable with losing the electric typing and just using landorus, you could always give another breaker a shot. Something like specs keldeo comes to mind since it chunks chansey/buzz, and also seals up your bisharp weakness nicely. The only issue with that would be a talonflame weakness if landorus isnt healthy so the tradeoff is up to you.

>

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Nedor

thiccc
Volty, your suggestion of keldeo-r > raikou wouldn't function as you think it would as it makes him far too susceptible to thundurus and offensive electric types in general, and the team runs off gaining momentum in the first place (the original goal). if bulkier mons' on stall like quagsire and mandibuzz get problematic, even with the combination of hazards and momentum generators, you have a few options to play around with the build. first off, you can try toxic + 3 attacks raikou to catch bulky grounds off guard and wear them down easier, thunderbolt on hoopa-u (loses a fair bit of important coverage if you decide to run it), or even cm + roost latios as opposed to hp fire to easily pressure stall, but makes your match-up against mega scizor variants far worse, but nothing that cannot be managed. again, this is all in theory, i'd recommend testing the suggestions i provided in practice as it may work differently! good luck.

But doent that give me a more mega manectric win and to win I have to win a speed tie with it with lopunny so I am not sure really if it helps that match

Play tested the team and havent lost yet one thing I have noticed is that hazard stacking sucks and due to the fact only 2 pokemon are not affected by t spikes that can get pretty annoying

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
What I think About Your Team First Glance

Ey angel bud good to see you on the forums [:
I see a hoopa its named drake and I see a lopunny(hotline bling [:)
Very little not to like about this team.

How You Can Improve Your Team

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

This is pure flames this set allows you to calm mind and have the ability to avoid your only super effective coverage ground.
This can easily set up on hippo's that lack whirlwind and punish them so lopunny can late game clean.
This also lets you not worry about scarf lando t going in and revenging unless it has explosion which means it would have to kill it self to end you leaving your opponent with fewer lopunny checks.

Conclusion
I would highly recommend scald over surf and scarf over lo on hoopa
but these aren't necessary changes just some that may help you better.
I wish you massive success buddy and hope you take my changes into consideration.

Last edited:

How You Can Approve Your Team

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

This is pure flames this set allows you to calm mind and have the ability to avoid your only super effective coverage ground.
This can easily set up on hippo's that lack whirlwind and punish them so lopunny can late game clean.
This also lets you not worry about scarf lando t going in and revenging unless it has explosion which means it would have to kill it self to end you leaving your opponent with fewer lopunny checks.

Conclusion
I wish you massive success buddy and hope you take my changes into consideration.
Dude the word is Improve not Approve.

Now that i've helped you out can you return the favor by building me a sick squad for spl?

How You Can Approve Your Team

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Conclusion
This is great man! I might use this on one of the teams that I'm currently building. Thanks for this set and explanation.

How You Can Improve Your Team

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Conclusion
thank you about the set and i will surly use the raikou set

hey Angelpichu, grats on the ladder peak / overall success with the build. this is a pretty basic mega lopunny + hoopa-u offense that has many versions built with it, and i have an extremely similar version. i recognize the goal of the team is to essentially use your momentum grabbers alongside hazards to wear stuff down into the range of mega lopunny or raikou. despite that, your switch-ins to all variants of keldeo are pretty limited as manaphy isn't a good check to secret sword; i'm mainly referring to scarf variants easily cleaning the build with ease. now, there is one redundancy in tail glow manaphy (especially with a change being made later on), it functions as a stallbreaker, but you already have lo hoopa-u to easily blast past common defensive mons', as well as hazards + pivots to provide it free switch-ins. a few of your spreads / sets can be optimized indefinitely.

the first drastic change i am making is hp fire latios > tg manaphy. it enhances the backbone of the team by providing a way of not getting swept by keldeo, and being easily broken by zard-y builds if it manages to find a free switch-in. it still gives the team a good wallbreaker that benefits from landorus-t's / raikou's voltturn core, as well as easily taking advantage of teams that require stuff like ferrothorn and mega scizor to check latios and offensive dragons / fairies in general.

as for a few smaller changes, an ev spread change on hoopa-u of 160 atk / 96 spatk / 252 speed with hyperspace fury > dark pulse and psychic > psyshock would be optimal. max speed is mandatory to hit a crucial benchmark of 284 which speed ties with offensive mega altaria, outspeeding max speed adamant landorus-t which has been rising in usage, diggersby, heatran, etc. the attack investment is used to net an ohko on standard mixdef clefable, with the spare ev's dumped into spatk to hit as hard as possible. after doing calcs, i found that the 44 attack you have used on landorus-t isn't relevant at all, so a spread of 248 hp / 244 def / 8 spdef / 8 speed would be much more optimal to take on threatening physical attackers with a better defense stat. power-up-punch > ice punch on mega lopunny is far better in the long run to break down bulkier builds and easier pressure common switch-ins like clefable, hippowdon, and mega venusaur. ice punch is also not particularly needed as you break down bulky grounds well. this isn't mandatory, but i'd recommend testing leftovers cm + volt switch raikou as opposed to your current set as i find specs gets worn down too easily and taken advantage of with bulky grounds being staples on most playstyles, which may lose you momentum or allow the opponent a set-up opportunity.
-----------
Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Psychic
- Drain Punch

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Lopunny (Lopunny-Mega) @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Rufes (Raikou) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Ice]

that's all from me for now, if you have any questions about my changes feel free to pm me. hope i helped and have a good day! :toast:
thanks i will try and use it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)