Member Card now available to Platinum owners via Mystery Gift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I found the best way to take care of darkrai was to get breloom's toxic orb and poison heal activated and once darkrai was taunted, false swiped and paralyzed, then send back in breloom as it laughs at the non effective faint attack and all that's left to do is capture darkrai. It worked like a charm for the 3 darkrais I caught across 3 games

Turns out the event is in Europe too. Sweet.

Caught mine, it's Hardy but I don't play to use it on Wi-Fi or anything, I'm just happy to be able to hatch eggs there now. Can't wait for Oak's Letter / Azure Flute event. Or DracoRachi, for that matter!

I got mine today but the only thing that disappointed me was that the one i caught had a terrible nature and crap. Oh well. I only take my time on legendaries that can be used in tournies. Also all i used was my level 54 dragonair and T-Waved it then hit it with a Dranced Dragon Rush

I have a had a LOT of luck catching legendaries, as I never inflict damage (I didn't for Darkrai), and just kept on throwing Luxury Balls until the stars aligned for me and caught it without much fuss.

I found the best way to take care of darkrai was to get breloom's toxic orb and poison heal activated and once darkrai was taunted, false swiped and paralyzed, then send back in breloom as it laughs at the non effective faint attack and all that's left to do is capture darkrai. It worked like a charm for the 3 darkrais I caught across 3 games
Just so people dont think that EE is a SR maniac, the pokemon were RNGd, making it possible for him to acheive such good IVs.

Also, for those wanting Darkrai's with at least the right nature, just get a pokemon with the ability Synchronize and the nature you want, and have them no.1 in your party. This will make Darkrai (cant remember exact percentage, think its 50) to be that nature.

Ok, so i just beat the Elite 4, and the door still wont open, i have the members card, am I supposed to do something with Cresselia or something??

Ok, so i just beat the Elite 4, and the door still wont open, i have the members card, am I supposed to do something with Cresselia or something??
You have to get the Lunar Wing and cure the boy's nightmare, Cresselia drops it when you talk to it.

You can kill Cresselia and beat the Elite 4 and it'll respawn, if you're worried that you'll have to give up a good Cresselia.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yes, and NewMoon Island is an awesome hatch location for ghosts and darks, for all you kinky breeders out there (myself included).

Just so people dont think that EE is a SR maniac, the pokemon were RNGd, making it possible for him to acheive such good IVs.

Also, for those wanting Darkrai's with at least the right nature, just get a pokemon with the ability Synchronize and the nature you want, and have them no.1 in your party. This will make Darkrai (cant remember exact percentage, think its 50) to be that nature.

Pretty sure all you have to do is have the National Pokedex and cure the sailor's son of his nightmares with the Lunar Wing. Here's a video if you're still confused:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbFEJVbpWyc

Argh, I can't decide which ball to use. The choices I'm thinking of are:

Dusk Ball is kind of an obvious choice, since the dark particle effects go well with most dark/evil-looking Pokemon.
Luxury Ball is the one that best matches Darkrai's coloring, and the red release effects would complement it nicely.
I thought Premier Ball would be an interesting contrast, but I'm not totally sure about it.

What do you guys think?

Argh, I can't decide which ball to use. The choices I'm thinking of are:

Dusk Ball is kind of an obvious choice, since the dark particle effects go well with most dark/evil-looking Pokemon.
Luxury Ball is the one that best matches Darkrai's coloring, and the red release effects would complement it nicely.
I thought Premier Ball would be an interesting contrast, but I'm not totally sure about it.

What do you guys think?
I would go with Premier Ball. It sounds unique to me.

Timer ball on Darkrai is meh. D:

If you haven't already saved, I'd go back (you can leave the island and fight Darkrai again if you run from the battle) and make sure to get something with Taunt+False Swipe (I'm using Gallade) and something with a reliable sleep move (Breloom for me, Spore is win and Toxic Orb+Poison Heal prevents status and effectively nullifies any damage 'rai will do). A Foresight/Odor Sleuth Pokemon won't hurt either in case it happens to get in a Double Team.

Of course, you've probably saved by now, so my advice is pretty much moot. :I

I think Imma go with Premier Ball, but if I ever happen to get a chance at another Darkrai, I'll try the other two. Because I like them all. D:

I've been SRing for a shiny Darkrai for a few days now and argh, it's annoying me to no end. I'm committed to catching it in a Luxury ball but does anyone know how long it usually takes to SR for a shiny legend?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You can actually defeat Darkrai and come back, not just run from it. In fact, I'm thinking of using it to EV train.

I just downloaded mine but I'm not sure when or if I'll ever get around to using it. I still have my Shaymin card and things are not going so well with that one. I keep messing something up but I'm not sure what it is. XD

Okay, I finally caught my Darkrai (Naive, HP Fire 69), but I didn't bring enough Premier Balls OR Luxury Balls, so I had to resort to a Dusk Ball. I really would rather have it in one of the other two balls, but do you think Dusk Ball is good enough? As much as I'm a sucker for aesthetics, I reeeeally don't want to go through trying to hit that horrible delay again. :'c

All Right, this thread has done its course. Any discussion of IVs/ Nature/HP go in the "Discuss my Pokemon" thread in Wifi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)