Metagross (Anti-Lead)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
@Ala: This set's purpose is to beat leads (and potentially making them not get SR up), so if you explode on Swampert and Hippowdon and the like, it still counts as "beating" them, oddly enough. The high Speed spread is the prefered spread since if Metagross doesn't explode or die to an opposing lead, it can outspeed many defensive Pokemon and take them out as well, usually thanks to Explosion.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Metagross with 190 speed will outspeed the standard Hippowdon and Swampert. With the extra bulk Gross can survive a hit and still explode on a faster defensive pokemon (ie Celebi, Tentacruel (Although that is beaten by EQ), Zapdos).

The spread Epic Cherubi outlined seems fine as well, as it performs the same job mine does other than the odd Metagross outspeeding yours.

Has the OP been edited for all the grammar updates? Because just skimming, quite a few pop out at me:

Base Speed 100 Pokemon whom don't invest in speed, such as Celebi and Tentacruel

should be "who"

The combination of Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch with Earthquake and Bullet Punch lets Metagross beat most frail leads one-on-one, such as standard lead Azelf and Ninjask
Bullet Punch is listed twice, and neither of those are hit by Earthquake.

This spread also gives you the most chances of living an Adamant Mamoswine's Earthquake followed by Ice Shard.
Should read "This spread gives you the highest chance of surviving an Adamant Mamoswine's Earthquake followed by Ice Shard."

It also means it outspeeds Adamant Scizor
It is undefined here. It refers to the spread and then Metagross, which is grammatically incorrect. This should read "This also allows Metagross to outspeed Adamant Scizor"

This spread also gives you the most chances of living an Adamant Mamoswine's Earthquake followed by Ice Shard.
Should read "This spread gives you the highest chance of surviving an Adamant Mamoswine's Earthquake followed by Ice Shard."
I believe it should point out HOW high the chances are to survive. "Highest" or "most" can mean anywhere from 51-99%. Mamoswine EQ never KOs, and Metagross will even survive the follow up Ice Shard 93% of the time.

Ok, so it seems the newer parts are a bit screwed up. It reads EQ + BP because Infernape was once there, but since Lum has become the main item. it doesn't beat Infernape anymore without Occa. So, is there still a way to involve Infernape in that sentence without completely changing it?

Edit: Ok, I edited in the changes, thanks Phantom_IV. I think the Infernape bit looks ok now.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Anti-Lead
move 1: Meteor Mash / Iron Head
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Bullet Punch
move 4: Explosion
item: Lum Berry / Occa Berry
ability: Clear Body
nature: Adamant
evs: 236 HP / 224 Atk / 20 Def / 24 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This Metagross set, unlike the rather similar Lead set, lets it utilize four attacking moves, meaning it can make the most out of its potential to beat other common leads. Using Meteor Mash, Earthquake, and Bullet Punch all in the same set grants Metagross the ability to cover many other leads at once, while Explosion remains for when Metagross has outlived its usefulness.</p>

<p>The combination of Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch lets Metagross beat most frail leads one-on-one, such as standard lead Azelf and Ninjask, while Earthquake and Bullet Punch beats Infernpe leads, provided you have Occa Berry as your item. Earthquake also hits Steel- and Fire-types such as opposing Metagross, Jirachi, and Heatran; beating the latter only if it uses Stealth Rock on the first turn. Explosion deals with bulkier leads such as Swampert and standard Hippowdon, meaning they won't be able to set up Stealth Rock, while others like Gliscor and Machamp won't be able to execute their usual strategy. If you choose Occa Berry, Metagross is also able to beat Infernape leads one-on-one at the cost of not beating Roserade, Gengar, and Smeargle leads. If you are not happy with Meteor Mash's 15% miss chance, Iron Head is an alternative option, beating the same leads even after the power drop, although it will slightly hurt Metagross' ability to handle threats later in the game.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs offer Metagross a great amount of bulk, giving it the ability to take numerous hits when used as a lead and to stop boosting threats with Explosion when used later in the game. The spread of 236 HP / 228 Atk / 20 Def / 24 Spe grants Metagross the ability to outspeed most other Metagross, Tyranitar, and Empoleon, as well as managing to beat Jolly lead Mamoswine one-on-one, among others. This spread gives you the highest chance of surviving an Adamant Mamoswine's Earthquake followed by Ice Shard, giving Metagross the ability to survive Earthquake and strike back. 228 Attack EVs offer Metagross the offensive power it needs to achieve the OHKOs and 2HKOs it manages against other leads. If you prefer to outspeed more threats, an alternative spread of 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Speed offers a more offensive approach to the usual lead Metagross, sacrificing bulk for speed. 244 Speed EVs put Metagross at 237 Speed, outpacing Base Speed 100 Pokemon who don't invest in speed, such as Celebi or Tentacruel. This also allows Metagross to outspeed Adamant Scizor, as well as Pokemon who aim for 231 speed such as Magnezone and Mixed Tyranitar. 252 Attack EVs are once again used to power up Metagross' attacks, while the remaining EVs are dumped into HP to give Metagross some added bulk. If you choose to run Lum Berry, placing 140 EVs in HP guarantees Metagross' survival against a Fire Blast from standard lead Azelf, while the remaining 116 Speed EVs are enough to outpace 8 Speed Rotom-A, as well as most defensive Suicune.</p>

<p>Since this Metagross is an anti-lead without the ability to use Stealth Rock, another teammate who is able to consistently set up Stealth Rock is an asset. Swampert is a good choice and also pairs well with Lum variants, taking on Infernape and Heatran leads with impunity, excluding the likely Explosion on the latter. Speaking of Infernape and Heatran, Latias is another stellar partner to take the two on. If Metagross lacks Lum Berry, its best bet is to Bullet Punch against sleep-inducing leads, breaking their Focus Sash and taking the sleep, after which the best course of action is to switch to a fast Pokemon that is able to revenge kill all three, such as offensive Starmie or Choice Scarf Jirachi.</p>

<p>Since Metagross carries Explosion, and thus is most likely to take down an opposing lead Swampert, Hippowdon, or Gliscor along with it, using Pokemon who can effectively take advantage of them being gone is advised. Tyranitar is a good bet, benefiting from the fact that Swampert and Hippowdon - its best counters - are out of play. Lucario also benefits from their absence, as it will have a much easier time sweeping a team clean once its main counters are gone. Dragon Dance Salamence, as well as Heatran and Magnezone, can also take advantage of the lack of Swampert.</p>

just one or two little nitpicks that can be debated, but I think changed them to that makes the whole thing flow better and sound better if spoken.

The spread of 236 HP / 228 Atk / 20 Def / 24 Spe grants Metagross the ability to outspeed most other Metagross, Tyranitar, and Empoleon, as well as managing to beat Jolly lead Mamoswine one-on-one, among others.
I'd switch "other" with "opposing", since it just sounds better imo. Everything else looks good, thanks!

EVS

224 hp evs with 0 in def or spec.def means you still beat jollyswine(without LO, but even your spread loses to jollyswine with LO) ,survive the azelf fire blast, survive 2 aeros earthquakes. AKA the important stuff.who cares about having the 'most' chance of surviving against adamant mamoswine....mamoswine itself was only a lead on 1.12% of teams in Jan O_O 52.6 of all mamoswine (not just lead) were adamant. 38.7 were jolly. You do the math! Heck, this isn't even counting the fact that Lead Mamoswine isn't a stranger to using Life Orb > Sash. Just throwing that out there, I'm not disclosing where I put the rest of my EVs just yet..if i do(none in either defence)..but lets try minimizing the amount of defences needed eh ;)

edit: i've said this a few times in rmts....good players (ones that aren't below 1000 on leadboard o.o) are using at least 32 speed evs on their leadMeta.

If you read the analysis more, you can see I mentioned alternative spreads, and if you read the thread more, you can see that I've came to that spread after quite the work. I do agree that beating Jolly swine is enough (and was my original thinking process), but when you reach those matching EVs you realize the Speed is completely worthless (trapped in the 180-200 range) so you can lower it down to 24. When you do that, if you can achieve that 'most' without too much bother, why not do it?

I really don't see why I need to live 2 aero EQs, especially since you are going to Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch off the bat. I don't need to live 2 EQs from Aero.

Like I said, 24 speed is a good benchmark. You can always add "you can add more speed to outspeed other Metagross leads", but you can do that on every single set in smogon that doesn't run max speed, not just this one. Experienced players know that by themselves.

I read the analysis...but it is best for others to back a certain spread/provide a new one than let people follow yours like sheep is it not??
The speed is not completely worthless at all, it goes along way into gaining momentum against other Metagross lead, MUCH more common than your adamant Swine, fact. It boils down to mental advantage over opposing Metagross > having more chance but a far from guaranteed chance of beating Adamant Ice Pig. I know what I want :)
Well, this next bit comes down to skill of the player/mind games/ whatever. E.g. My gameplan when I'm using Meta and an Aerodactyl pops up is nearly always the following....Bullet punch(no point in risking meteor mash accuracy when you get the 2hko with bullet punch)...aero will either taunt,stealth rock,earthquake. Now my next move, if not taunted, will be to stealth rock. Its quite unlikely that Aero will taunt this 2nd turn(it didnt the first turn) so I will either be stealth rocking into a switch or stealth rocking while surviving a 2nd earthquake or taking the first( off topic slightly, metagross surviving a crit from earthquake makes me drool T_T). So actually it is quite important. I'm not saying your spread can't survive the 2 earthquakes, I'm setting these as situational things to survive. Of course, some might not play so ...er...cleverly with Metagross :S? so yeah i REALLY do see why you could need to survive 2 earthquakes.
The speed EVs....well they come back to the whole 'want to have the mental advantage against opposing Metagross...the common Metagross... or have a bit more chance of beating Ice Piggy...the rare Ice Piggy...

Your last point is plain retarded. Experienced players can adjust EV spreads yeah....but experienced players also don't need an analysis written of Metagross...so really your point is...irrelevant at best. We are trying to keep up with the metagame by writing new analyses. You can replaced 'experienced' player with 'standard' player in my opinion when it comes to running 32speed+. (NOTE: OUTSPEEDING METAGROSS IS ONLY IMPORTANT IF YOU USE A SET WITH EARTHQUAKE)

Oh and if you want to know what I mean about the mental advantage against opposing Metagross (you might not seeing as you obviously didn't understand what can happen vs Aero) please see this RMT by Reyscarface that explains wonderfully what Meta can(should;]) do against opposing leads. (this rmt was also what first inspired me to try/love Metagross leads,thanks) http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61279

EDIT: and before you say 'but this is an antilead,it doesn't use stealth rock'.....Metagross is well known for anti-leading & possessing Stealth Rock at the same time. =]]]

EDITEDIT: so feel free to add stealth rock as an option next to Explosion. Hell, even over earthquake if thats how you've customized your Metagross.

Uh, I think you just don't understand what I'm saying. Either that or you're just stuck with your own opinion.

I think the "extra" speed point is completely useless. Actually, not "think", know. If you think people will follow the analysis like sheep, why are you then saying that people put more speed on their Metagross? If you look at the analysis for lead Metagross, you see that the Speed is only 8. So, how did the speed suddenly get far above 8 when people follow the analysis like sheep? That's because, and I'm considering your point about "most players run more speed" to be true (which isn't), people that are even slightly competitive may and will add more speed to outspeed other leads. That's how it slowly rises from 8 speed to 12, then 16, then 20 and so on. Looking at reality, most Metagross that are meant to outspeed other Metagross have slightly higher speed like 16 and 20, not 32, 36. And that's why the speed is at 24: to outspeed standard lead Empoleon and to outspeed most lead Metagross. Obviously this isn't "all" lead Metagross, but it is "most". If the speed would increase steadily and become higher than this set, even slightly competitive players will adjust their speed settings higher than 24, hell, maybe even to outspeed this set. The analysis is not meant to replace the competitve battler - if the player, a player like you, truly thinks most lead Metagross are faster than this, that player will see to that their Metagross will be faster. The fact is, most are slower than this and therefore most competitive players won't feel like it is worth sending more EVs onto Speed when it acomplishes nothing but outspeeding the rare 28+ speed Metagross, or should I say extremely rare.

Even if you were right and Metagross would usually have higher speed than this, just take Gliscor as a perfect example. 308 was once the benchmark for almost all Taunting Gliscor, but since the ability to outspeed other Gliscor and other Pokemon that aim for 308 speed became so important, people began slowly raising their speed, and some even just go all out 252 Speed instead of 220/224/228. But, do you see the analysis change because of that? No. The point is, the analysis is meant for a large pool of readers, and if you consider other sites that come to Smogon for the analysis pages, you see that most just care about the benchmarks, and less about "I need to outspeed other identical sets" simply because they're not that competitive. Analysis on Pokemon such as Gliscor and Metagross have always been like this, just as proof of all of my points.

And why the fuck do you think I don't know about Metagross leads? Do you honestly think I would go out of my way to contribute a strategic Anti-Lead Metagross set without knowing how Metagross works? Trust me, I know exactly how to use Metagross, and I definitely don't need to learn from any RMT. If you've done anything with that link, it's insulting me. Honestly.

And, no. The common lead Metagross was once used as a reliable SR using anti-lead, but quickly developed into a sturdy reliable SR user, and that is it's purpose - to reliably lay down Stealth Rocks. This metagross, on the other side, acts like an anti-lead purely, trying to beat the biggest number of leads simply because it can, and even if it were to have SR, that is not it's priority. It's a priority on lead Metagross, not on anti-lead Metagross. And that is, by the way, why this set is relevant and not a slight variation of the lead Metagross set, which it technicely is. Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Bullet Punch and Explosion are all needed, as your goal when using this set is to not let your opponent's leading strategy go like it should - be it by stopping fragile leads, exploding on "reliable" SR leads, ect. I hope you see my point, SR does not belong in this set simply because, if using this set correctly, you wouldn't use SR anyway. If you're using this set to get SR up, you're better off with the lead Metagross set.

[SET]
name: Anti-Lead
move 1: Meteor Mash / Iron Head
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: Bullet Punch
move 4: Explosion
item: Lum Berry / Occa Berry
ability: Clear Body
nature: Adamant
evs: 236 HP / 224 Atk / 20 Def / 24 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This Metagross set, unlike the rather similar Lead set, utilizes four attacking moves, meaning it can make the most of beating other common leads. Using Meteor Mash, Earthquake, and Bullet Punch all in the same set grants Metagross the ability to cover many other leads at once, while Explosion remains once Metagross has outlived its usefulness.</p>

<p>The combination of Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch lets Metagross beat most frail leads one-on-one, such as standard lead Azelf and Ninjask, while Earthquake and Bullet Punch beats Infernape leads, provided you have Occa Berry as your item. Earthquake also hits Steel- and Fire-types such as Metagross, Jirachi, and Heatran; Heatran is only beaten if it uses Stealth Rock on the first turn, due to its commonly used Shuca Berry. Explosion deals with bulkier leads such as Swampert and Hippowdon, meaning they won't be able to set up Stealth Rock, while others like Gliscor and Machamp won't be able to execute their usual strategy. If you choose Occa Berry, Metagross is also able to beat Infernape leads one-on-one [You already said you beat Infernape if you run Occa.] at the cost of not beating Roserade, Gengar, and Smeargle leads. If you are not happy with Meteor Mash's 85% hit rate, Iron Head is an alternative option, beating the same leads even after the power drop, although it will slightly hurt Metagross' ability to handle threats later in the game.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs offer Metagross a great amount of bulk, giving it the ability to take numerous hits when used as a lead and to stop boosting threats with Explosion when used later in the game. The spread of 236 HP / 228 Atk / 20 Def / 24 Spe grants Metagross the ability to outspeed most other Metagross, Tyranitar, and Empoleon, as well as managing to beat Jolly lead Mamoswine one-on-one, among others. This spread gives you the highest chance of surviving an Adamant Mamoswine's Earthquake followed by Ice Shard, giving Metagross the ability to strike back with Meteor Mash. The [Don't start off sentences with numerals.] 228 Attack EVs offer Metagross the offensive power it needs to achieve the OHKOs and 2HKOs it manages against other leads. If you prefer to outspeed more threats, an alternative spread of 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Speed offers a more offensive approach to the usual lead Metagross, sacrificing bulk for Speed. The 244 Speed EVs put Metagross at 237 Speed, outpacing neutral base 100 Speed Pokemon who don't invest in Speed, such as Celebi and Tentacruel. This also allows Metagross to outspeed Adamant Scizor, as well as Pokemon who aim for 231 Speed such as Magnezone and Mixed Tyranitar. The 252 Attack EVs are once again used to power up Metagross' attacks, while the remaining EVs are dumped into HP to give Metagross some added bulk. If you choose to run Lum Berry, placing 140 EVs in HP guarantees Metagross' survival against a Fire Blast from standard lead Azelf, while the remaining 116 Speed EVs are enough to outpace 8 Speed Rotom-A, as well as most defensive Suicune.</p>

<p>Since this Metagross is an anti-lead without the ability to use Stealth Rock, another teammate who is able to set up Stealth Rock is an asset. Swampert is a good choice and also pairs well with Lum Berry Metagross, taking on Infernape and Heatran leads with impunity, excluding the likely Explosion on the latter. Speaking of Infernape and Heatran, Latias is another stellar partner to take the two on. If Metagross lacks Lum Berry, its best bet is to Bullet Punch against sleep-inducing leads, breaking their Focus Sash and taking the sleep, after which the best course of action is to switch to a fast Pokemon that is able to revenge kill all three, such as offensive Starmie or Choice Scarf Jirachi.</p>

<p>Since Metagross carries Explosion, and thus is most likely to take down an opposing bulky lead like Swampert, Hippowdon, or Gliscor along with it, usingPokemon who can effectively take advantage of them being gone is advised. Tyranitar is a good bet, benefiting from the fact that Swampert and Hippowdon - its best counters - are out of play. Lucario also benefits from their absence, as it will have a much easier time sweeping a team clean once its main counters are gone. Dragon Dance Salamence, as well as Heatran and Magnezone, can also take advantage of the lack of Swampert.</p>
Nice job with this write-up!

I think "standard" Hippowdon is needed, as Metagross (exactly) OHKOs the standard spread 100% of the time. ANY bulkier Hippowdon has a chance to survive the Explosion. Also:
Heatran is only beaten if it uses Stealth Rock on the first turn, due to its commonly used Shuca Berry.
isn't it "it's commonly used Shuca Berry?"

And is "If you choose Occa Berry to beat Infernape leads, you lose the ability to beat Roserade, Gengar, and Smeargle leads." good?

Thanks!

If you're going to mention the standard Hippowdon, that's fine I guess. You could also say the specific EVs it uses as an alternative.

It's not "it's" because that would imply the following:

Heatran is only beaten if it uses Stealth Rock on the first turn, due to it is commonly used Shuca Berry.

That's obviously incorrect.

The Infernape sentence is fine. :)

I thought "it's" is used when something is belonging to someone or something described before it, like John's locker or Metagross' Speed. (it's locker and it's Speed) Isn't that the case here?

And, I didn't get that Hippowdon bit. Do I need to explain Hippowdon's standard spread...? Or mention it...? Like, maybe, "Swampert and <insert spread here> Hippowdon"?

Nope, "its" is correct. "Its" is basically the neuter version of "his" and "her, so if you can plug in either of those words and the sentence still makes sense, then "its" is correct. In that case, "his" and "her" do fit in:

Heatran is only beaten if it uses Stealth Rock on the first turn, due to his/her commonly used Shuca Berry.

See?

Sorry about making the Hippowdon bit unclear. Yeah, that's what I meant. There are actually different ways you can do this. Like these:

"Swampert and standard Hippowdon" is what you have now.

"Swampert and Physical Wall Hippowdon" is referring to Hippowdon's set that Metagross can beat.

"Swampert and 252 HP / 168 Def Impish Hippowdon" is getting more specific.

Either one works, really. You don't need to change it if you don't want to, I just thought it might be good to throw that out there.

I think the latter version works fine, I'll edit that in. Thanks!

So I think this is almost 100% done if there are a few typos that I have missed. If not, this might be ready for htmlizing.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
<p>This Metagross set, unlike the rather similar Lead set, utilizes four attacking moves, meaning it can make the most of beating other common leads. Using Meteor Mash, Earthquake, and Bullet Punch all in the same set grants Metagross the ability to cover many other leads at once, while Explosion is used once Metagross has outlived its usefulness.</p>

I didn't like how "remains" was used here.

<p>The combination of Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch lets Metagross beat most frail leads one-on-one, such as standard lead Azelf and Ninjask, while Earthquake and Bullet Punch beats Infernape leads, provided you have Occa Berry as your item. Earthquake also hits Steel- and Fire-types such as Metagross, Jirachi, and Heatran; Heatran is only beaten if it uses Stealth Rock on the first turn, due to its commonly used Shuca Berry. Explosion deals with bulkier leads such as Swampert and 252 HP / 168 Def Impish Hippowdon, meaning they won't be able to set up Stealth Rock, while others like Gliscor and Machamp won't be able to execute their usual strategy. If you choose Occa Berry to beat Infernape leads, you lose the ability to beat Roserade, Gengar, and Smeargle leads. If you are not happy with Meteor Mash's 85% hit rate, Iron Head is an alternative option, beating the same leads even after the Base Power drop, although it will slightly hurt Metagross' ability to handle threats later in the game.</p>

I'm not so sure about my own change here, oddly. They way you used "power" could have been meant in another way, such as the strength of the move. But, it could also have meant the Base Power, which turns out to be capitalized. If you don't want to use Base Power, maybe you can reword this into "strength" or "damage" or something along those lines.

<p>The EVs offer Metagross a great amount of bulk, giving it the ability to take numerous hits when used as a lead and to stop boosting threats with Explosion when used later in the game. The spread of 236 HP / 224 Atk / 20 Def / 24 Spe grants Metagross the ability to outspeed most other Metagross, Tyranitar, and Empoleon, as well as beating Jolly Lead (the set, right?) Mamoswine one-on-one, among others. This spread gives you the highest chance of surviving an Adamant Mamoswine's Earthquake followed by Ice Shard, giving Metagross the ability to strike back with its super effective STAB attack (since there's Iron Head). The 228 Attack EVs offer Metagross the offensive power it needs to achieve the OHKOs and 2HKOs it manages against other leads. If you prefer to outspeed more threats, an alternative spread of 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Speed offers a more offensive approach to the usual lead Metagross, sacrificing bulk for Speed. The 244 Speed EVs put Metagross at 237 Speed, outpacing neutral base 100 Speed Pokemon who don't invest in Speed, such as Celebi and Tentacruel. This also allows Metagross to outspeed Adamant Scizor, as well as Pokemon who aim for 231 Speed such as Magnezone and Mixed Tyranitar. The 252 Attack EVs are once again used to power up Metagross' attacks, while the remaining EVs are dumped into HP to give Metagross some added bulk. If you choose to run Lum Berry, placing 140 EVs in HP guarantees Metagross' survival against a Fire Blast from standard lead Azelf, while the remaining 116 Speed EVs are enough to outpace 8 Speed Rotom-A, as well as most defensive Suicune.</p>

<p>Since this Metagross is an anti-lead without the ability to use Stealth Rock, another teammate who is able to set up Stealth Rock is an asset. Swampert is a good choice and also pairs well with Lum Berry Metagross, taking on Infernape and Heatran leads with impunity, excluding the likely Explosion on the latter. Speaking of Infernape and Heatran, Latias is another stellar partner to take the two on. If Metagross lacks Lum Berry, its best bet is to Bullet Punch against sleep-inducing leads, breaking their Focus Sash and taking the sleep, after which the best course of action is to switch to a faster Pokemon that is able to revenge kill all three, such as offensive Starmie or Choice Scarf Jirachi.</p>

<p>Since Metagross carries Explosion, and thus is most likely to take down an opposing bulky lead like Swampert, Hippowdon, or Gliscor along with it, using Pokemon who can effectively take advantage of them being gone is advised. Tyranitar is a good bet, benefiting from the fact that Swampert and Hippowdon its best counters are out of play. Lucario also benefits from their absence, as it will have a much easier time sweeping a team clean once its main counters are gone. Dragon Dance Salamence, as well as Heatran and Magnezone, can also take advantage of the lack of Swampert.</p>

I know that "its best counters" wasn't changed, but I changed the keys on the outside to that longer version (I think it's supposed to be like that). Darkmalice caught that in my own analysis so that's why I'm putting that here.

Nice job! I've been using this set for the past year alongside Epic Cherubi and it works great!

Changed "remains" to "may be used" instead of "is used", since you won't be Explodiong as a last ditch effort all the time =/

And yeah, power as in Base Power, you got it right.

236/228/20/24 is actually 508, not 512. 236/224/20/24 is 504.

If set names are capitalized, then yeah, Jolly Lead Mamoswine.
AromaFlora said:
Tyranitar is a good bet, benefiting from the fact that Swampert and Hippowdon its best counters are out of play.
Blue_Tornado said:
Tyranitar is a good bet, benefiting from the fact that Swampert and Hippowdon - its best counters - are out of play.
I don't see the change.

Thanks!

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
It looks fine. I dunno if I have said "authority" to do it, but it seems it has been brushed with a lot of grammar combs and such. I don't like the heavy usage of the comma, but I guess that's more of a personal nitpick than it is of prose.

I'll give this 24 hours anyway, just to assure myself that it's okay to upload.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry that I didn't upload this yet, I just want the final word from Bloo before I do. If he's okay with it (since he tested Metagross), then I'll replace the old Anti-Lead with this (or post this directly under and call it 2.0 or something).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)