Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

Nah you're gonna need 2 GTX 680 SLI and an i7 3770 to get 30 fps at best with all the low settings

(I assume you're joking because most processors and graphic cards will run this at a playable fps. But I hear its more to do with the processor than the video card for reasons)

I have just moved spawn nether portal so that it links up correct with the nether, the overworld portal is the same but the nether one is a few blocks different I would like to advice everyone to link there nether portals to avoid any multi links forming. here is a good video explaining how. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBhWN794yA
please do not move spawn portal.

I was sitting afk at the zombie exp farm and I think a creeper came and exploded, not sure exactly but it messed up the thing somewhere not sure exactly what happened, ill fix as much as I know how to.
EDIT: the piston isnt always up like before to stop the zombies from coming and idk how/where to fix that.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
probably because most people don't know where the ender portal actually is, and we don't have a blaze farm back up to my knowledge

edit: there's one in the swamp to the north(?) of spawn, it should be marked. i'll put the coords in when i find them.

I just played for a few mins on my old dinosaur pc, and I love the new Nether. 14 stacks of Quartz Ore! :D

I also found a really sweet spot for a dual Blaze farm, the spawners are only a few blocks apart. I'll make something out of that in the future.

oh, and the server is laggy as hell at the moment. should we restart?

I went back to some older pages and saw there was a enderman farm in the end, can I get the coords for the portal from someone for it please?

There is a neuter portal in the nether that brings you to the end portal. It's to the right when steping out of the nether portal just up a hill. This is the fastes and safest way to get from spawn to the end.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Looks great huh, just put your items in the chest and hoppers take care of the rest.

Yeah it goes down a bit so that you don't hear the noise. With all the chests and hoppers there is enough space for 554 stacks of items if it ever fills up (which could happen but probably will not).

When you step on the plates it activates the redstone blip machine and the two dispensers will proceed to destroy items en masse. I have also made a cool little device outside that will assist in destroying garbage whenever someone passes the building. It should prove to be very helpful.

^ True

It'll be interesting to see what the horse's drops are, perhaps horse meat?

hehe

But I don't really see the need for horses at the moment, other than the fact that it coincides nicely with Minecraft's heavy amount of farm animal mobs. I'd much rather see biome-exclusive mobs, such as camels for the desert, and perhaps penguins for the snow biomes.

Or sharks. Sharks are always nice.

^ True

It'll be interesting to see what the horse's drops are, perhaps horse meat?

hehe

But I don't really see the need for horses at the moment, other than the fact that it coincides nicely with Minecraft's heavy amount of farm animal mobs. I'd much rather see biome-exclusive mobs, such as camels for the desert, and perhaps penguins for the snow biomes.

Or sharks. Sharks are always nice.
It'd be kinda cool to finally see the craftable saddle it that comes.

I wonder if they're gonna do fish now?

@Sal: Perhaps cause horses will be faster than a saddled pig, and probably controllable without having to carry around a carrot on a stick. Once you dismount it, it may not run away with your saddle, too.

And we got mounted pigs because that's all that was available at the time, and probably cause it's freakin hilarious to think about. A joke that evolved.

I'm with Eagle4; water needs something. It's such a shame to see an ocean and be able to do nothing at all with it, or have no reason to explore its depths. Just a waste of area. I know Notch wanted to do water stuff after a scuba trip he did, but now that he's not in charge I hope that ideas not dead...

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm with Eagle4; water needs something. It's such a shame to see an ocean and be able to do nothing at all with it, or have no reason to explore its depths. Just a waste of area. I know Notch wanted to do water stuff after a scuba trip he did, but now that he's not in charge I hope that ideas not dead...
Oh, this. So much.

At the moment, oceans or even lakes are just vast swathes of map with dirt, sand, and stone under a massive sheet of water. There's the occasional ravine here and there, but otherwise it's just too boring. The squids bring a little life to it, but... nah, it's boring. Underwater ravines are a chore to navigate too, you might as well dig elsewhere.

What about shipwrecks with sunken treasure? Underwater villages à la Atlantis? Coral reefs? Fish? Jellyfish, if you want enemy mobs that wouldn't be too hard to handle (this was the reason why sharks were dropped)? Heck, even crops that could only grow underwater would be an improvement.

When I find an Ocean biome, I sort of think "This is the edge of the map". Yes, I know there's land beyond it, I've even built a bridge across an ocean once, but usually there's no reason to ever explore the sea. An exception would be the rare occasion when Strongholds generate under the sea, or if you start on a very small island.

I hope the next update is sea-focused. There's a lot of potential with it, but so far, it's very unused. In Tekkit, I sometimes make offshore installations, but it's less rewarding than digging on land. I, like many others, dream about being able to build proper, custom boats and larger ships, but that would be hard if not impossible to do in the Minecraft engine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)