Media Minecraft Discussion Thread

How adorable is that.

And he's holding a door, that means he's able to pick up items, which means you can make him hold armor and a sword and he will never despawn.

You have a pet now. Congrats. :D

How adorable is that.

And he's holding a door, that means he's able to pick up items, which means you can make him hold armor and a sword and he will never despawn.

You have a pet now. Congrats. :D
wait they dont despawn if they have armor!!! shit he's dead now.
nooooooooo

I have come to the conclusion that this map only contains 2 strongholds and not 3. Take it from someone who has spent over 5 hours looking.

"The other two will be equally spaced (radially) at 120 degrees apart from one another and from the first one, as measured from origin, and at a distance of between 640 and 1152 blocks from origin. Note that "origin" is a geometric term referring to the coordinate (0, 0). Not the same as your spawn point (which is usually within a few hundred blocks of origin.) This should be enough to get you closer to a new one than to the old, and so hopefully the ender eyes would point you to a new one at that point?"

That was a post I saw on the Minecraft forums. I did that to the best of my ability and estimation and no matter what it always pointed to either the 1st or the 2nd Stronghold.

/frustrated

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Funny you should say that because we used mapping software for this seed and good as gravy there are three strongholds.

We also have an ocean with like 8 mycelium islands in a straight line but that is at the 10,000s and we will never have a border that big.

That would explain why I couldn't find it with Ender Eyes. I tried trig but it didn't work.

All I wanted was the Mossy and Cracked brick haha

well I have a personal stash of a couple of stacks. but I doubt that I will be giving them up any time soon. but when my project is done then maybe

This is interesting for some people:

- In SMP, destroying a jukebox with a disk in it will crash your client. The chunk with the jukebox will completely regenerate, therefore leaving a large hole in whatever used to be in the chunk. Be very careful about destroying jukeboxes in SMP. This bug has been reported several times in SMP.
This might be why we get these annoying chunk regen bugs from time to time. Don't break your jukeboxes, people!

Also: The Witch farm turns out to be an annoyance. Like I posted before, sometimes I can't pick up the drops from the Witches regardless of where they spawn and how I kill them, which I think is a bug related to bukkit, specifically one of the pulgins we're using. I don't know which one it is, though.
I'm currently lighting up the caves around the farm so I can get better spawn rates and measure how many items I lose on average because of that bug. If it's not that significant, I'll complete the farm regardless and hope the bug gets fixed in the future.

This is interesting for some people:

This might be why we get these annoying chunk regen bugs from time to time. Don't break your jukeboxes, people!
Wait would this make diamonds respawn? in that case find some diamonds mine them break a jukebox repeat ?
edit: doesn't to squat just tried it

You brave man, megados. Good to know it's not the cause of the issue, I guess.

Another thing:
13w04a re-introduced the "Smooth Full Stone Slab".

In case these don't become craftable, can we add a new trade to the spawn Villager or is he like set in stone? omfg no pun intended

by destroying a jukebox you mean just to break the block right? not to blow it up with tnt or something strange like that.

megados that clever rain thingy you did on my village flooded the area :<
You now owe me 3 flowerpots, 2 roses, and a sign.

And 5 diamonds.

I will obviously give you the flowers and stuff. But may I ask how it flooded? I was very careful to get the timing to not make any water flow.

Welp, here's Oho tree 2.0

On a side note, I've built a huge dock and I don't know what I should have there.... Should I make it a trade area with ships and stuff, or should I make it a pathway to some sort of building/structure? Can't think of any ideas on what I should put there, any help?

Well, privatetunnel ran out of the 100 MB data and I don't feel like spending any money on just getting a connection going. Besides, I've heard that the network admins at uni might not like the students trying to bypass whatever bs port blocking crap they're pulling so it's probably safest to just stop trying. I'll definitely be back on during the holidays though, see you guys on then :)

Valentine

Banned deucer.
On a more important note, there is a user on the server that tortures animals (cropped to try and help size x.x)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)