Other Metagames Mix and Mega trial

Best pokemon in MNM right now?

• Primal Groudon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pheromosa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello everyone, this is my first team post outside of OU, and i'd love some help with my new mix and mega team. I have plenty of good MNM teams (I was in the top 100 on the ladder in oras) but i wanted to try including some ubers in my team this time instead of just giving everything mega stones. This team is unbeaten so far but I'm sure that has more to do with the low quality of play on low ladder at the moment, rather than the high quality of this team. Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Kyurem-Black @ Glalitite
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Return
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Kyurem is pretty broken at the moment, and its no secret why that is. Return is incredibly powerful off 210 attack and fusion bolt shreds skarmory and other ice resisting pokemon. I chose earth power over focus blast or substitute to smack Pdon with a still respectable 160 special attack. roost rarely sees any use but it is worth a moveslot against really bulky things that cant 2hko you, and Kyurem has great coverage already.

Regigigas @ Metagrossite
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Thunder Punch/ Knock Off
- Power-Up Punch
- Drain Punch

Regigigas is even more broken than Kyurem currently. He does struggle with coverage, but sheer power generally can overcome that. Drain punch is handy for keeping you health, and Regigigas can easily tank even super effective hits Due to 110/130/130 bulk. Power up punch is a great way to revenge kill threats to boost your attack and make return nearly un-wallable.

Lunala @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Lunala can use passive walls such as blissey and suicune to set up subs and calm minds, each substitute becoming harder to break after a boost. Lunala unfortunately struggles with its stab coverage against things like alolan muk, but its great bulk and ability does allow it to find many opportunities to set up especially late game when resists are weakened.

Magearna @ Venusaurite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Heart Swap
- Pain Split

This is not my set but someone posted it on the MNM forum and it really can put in work thanks to passing off the special attack drops from fleur cannon with heart swap. Another great feature of heart swap is it can turn a geomancy sweep from xerneas into a counter-sweep. 4x resistance to ice allows it to beat non earth power kyurem and weavile, and it can even deal heavy damage to red orb users in a pinch thanks to thick fat. Pain split requires prediction since you are slow but the relatively low hp against ubers allows it to be reasonably effective.

Kartana @ Lucarionite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Along with regigigas, Kartana can shred low ladder teams with its high power and speed. There isn't a lot of cases where setting up a swords dance is a good idea but it is a nice way to break bulkier teams. sacred sword is only useful against steel types as leaf blade hits normal types just as hard and has a high crit ratio. smart strike rarely does much due to low power, buy it can ohko kyurem, xerneas and deal a lot to magernea.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

I've been considering changing this set to a restalk set, so that it lasts throughout the match, but i like having stealth rock so I'm not sure whether its a good idea. Roar is to get rid of setup sweepers and lava plume is the most spammable move here, dealing higher damage than earthquake by a slight margin and having a high burn chance, just watch out for blue orb pokemon like scizor or ferrothorn who can easily 1v1 groudon in the rain.

I have enough experience to know that this team has no defensive synergy, I was just looking for some help to figure out what i can do to fix that while still having a lot of offensive presence. This team has very little longevity, so a better mashup of typings would allow it to last longer rather than having to sack something every time a bad matchup happens, such as against pheromosa. I can go to lunala to avoid high jump kick but if it u-turns, then I lose shadow shield and the opponent still has the momentum. These are the 50/50's I hope to avoid, Thanks for the help in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)