Monotype Monotype Spring Seasonals - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

spring-seasonal-banner.png

Banner by Ticken
Welcome to the fifth cycle of the Monotype Seasonals! This is the first of three tournaments in the third Monotype Seasonal and the 2020 circuit, meaning wins in this tournament WILL count towards the Monotype Ribbon, as well as the Seasonal rankings.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard SS Monotype tournament
  • This tournament will be DOUBLE Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Baton Pass Clause: Baton pass is banned
  • Same Type Clause: Pokémon in a team must share a type.
  • Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
  • Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokémon
  • OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
  • Moody Clause: Moody is banned
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
  • Endless Battle Clause: Forcing endless battles is banned
  • HP Percentage Mod: HP is shown in percentages

1. Identity: I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.
  2. Scouting: Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using Fire-type" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.
  3. Timer Clause: As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.
  4. Disconnections: Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Winners Bracket

Rukt vs Fake
Nailec vs ed wins
Namranan vs Havens
Vodoom vs Kaguya Lys
yedla vs dahli
Fylkir Pudin vs Angels & Airwaves
MetaRiolu7 vs akaFila
Seager vs SparksBlade
OGMB vs Dorron
Ticken vs Gammbitt
85percent vs Juuno
Splashbrutha vs Derpeddeath
TacticalFacepalms vs Crashy
Dragonflo vs RindaOkami
boyn vs TheUprising007
Caspell vs martha
IkiQ vs zugubu royale
damflame 3 vs avarice
Dandy Highwayman vs TheTacoMan
Kalib_32 vs DYA
Jahkem vs Riku Sakuraba
Toadow vs Kev
Mack Knife vs Bouff
Cheese5555 vs Jolly Togekiss
smub vs Vaboh
Its Choco Bitch vs ima
Teggun Burcs vs maroon
Perish Song vs kythr
Bitana vs Decem
Floss vs Yami
neomon vs blinkboy
TJ vs Confluxx

Losers Bracket

zachary2 vs Brumirage
Maskun vs Rabzzz
Jacobikko vs Ronman5
yovan33321 vs DugZa
Xiri vs Adou
SpringCoder vs schwipper
Huston vs Centinela
Bluxio vs Eien
Ssalbap vs Souw
get_lucki vs Cam
KingBrine41 vs Koalacance
Chaitanya vs Sificon
Staxi vs 1 True Lycan
Roxiee vs K3ppr
LuckyPiper vs CrazyClown94
Heika vs zSpxdes
LaBalladeDesCieux vs The Thunderbirds
GotCookies vs Mateeus
Tico Meu vs Akashi
Just Call Me 203 vs MikuChan
Verde vs InfernoDragon
RudyRudy. vs Twilight Solace
giove97 vs DianaNicole
FIR SoulSurfer vs Asuno
RaJ.Shoot vs Azelea
Zenadark vs Harpp
agenS vs Michael213
Reyzark vs TheJ3estPenguin
Endal vs Squash17
Nexecutioner vs Long Spirit
Pixel Pusher vs crucify
Alternativ3 vs Goldaris

Deadline to complete extensions is January 22th, 11:59 pm GMT-4
Deadline to complete matches is January 26th, 11:59 pm GMT-4

Last edited by a moderator:

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Making a separate post for this.

To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts or at least saves replays of the match, the game will be coin flipped regardless of whoever won.
Don't forget to save your replays and have them public.

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
Little late but I'm going to drop this here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...Z7rmCjXvlPlWV_TK2HpNNa6Q0/edit#gid=1731568379

This is the on-going Seasonal spreadsheet I made to track replays, type trends, and whatnot. If anyone has questions or concerns feel free to contact me! I plan on continuing it throughout the tour so please remember to post links especially if the replays are hidden.

Some notable mentions is Steel with the most (recorded) games and has an crazy high 80% win percentage only second to Normal which has 100%. Hydreigon, Duraludon, and Dragapult are consistently the most used Pokemon so far thanks to having usage in each of their respective dual type teams. Lastly, Bug only has 1 game out of 107 making its usage less than 1%...

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
Calling activity for week 1
While I’m not opposed to letting you have the win, just wanna remind you that you refused to agreed on a time, nor did tell me your gmt, and outside of yesterday where I delete my answer cuz I was tilted of you not even answering when you said you were available, every other of you message were at ungodly time for my gmt

TL;DR: scheduling with you was a pain in the ass (if it’s even scheduling at that point) but take the win if you want, I’ll have has much fun in loser than in winner

While I’m not opposed to letting you have the win, just wanna remind you that you refused to agreed on a time, nor did tell me your gmt, and outside of yesterday where I delete my answer cuz I was tilted of you not even answering when you said you were available, every other of you message were at ungodly time for my gmt

TL;DR: scheduling with you was a pain in the ass (if it’s even scheduling at that point) but take the win if you want, I’ll have has much fun in loser than in winner
Did you just write this to trash him? Even though you agree to give him the win? Sounds like a you problem

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
Did you just write this to trash him? Even though you agree to give him the win? Sounds like a you problem
Didn’t meant for it to be a trash.
Sorry if it looks like it, I just wanted to highlight that he scheduled really poorly, and that against someone who would’ve cared to be on winner, he would’ve been the one to get AW. Which would be sad for someone that could strive to go far.

If youre on now and want to play, I am on. I'm sorry it felt like I was hard to schedule. I thought I said my time was PST, and I did say multiple times I would be on all day, you never responded to me like I asked you to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)