Mortal Kombat vs DC

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
http://www.worldscollide.com/

The site doesn't have much on it so far, but as a fan of the MK games, I'm pretty excited at the idea of this game. So far the only confirmed characters are Sub-Zero and Scorpion of MK, and Batman and Superman of DC.

However it doesn't appear that fatalities are a part of the game, so no ripping Supes spine out or other fun stuff like that.

It seems there's an advent of world-spanning games lately, from as far back as Marvel vs Capcom, to more recently Star Wars characters in Soul Calibur 4 and now this. A good idea? What do you think.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Mortal Kombat was the shittiest fighting game line ever; the only good thing about it was the fatalities and the fact that it tends to show up fairly often in trivia night. Maybe this won't carry on the tradition of sucking, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

But no fatalities? Wtf?

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The only good thing i think could come from this is if it spurs some sort of Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

that or something ridiculous like Soul Calibur and Star wars.

wait.

It looks like it will be a good game but not a great game. I mean I like Mortal Kombat, but against DC comics, that just seems very bizarre (No competition whatsoever). Also you can't have a Mortal Kombat game without fatalities, they are what make up 95 percent of the whole game. I personally think, if game developers have time to make this game, then they should also have time to make Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, that's what everyone wants, so why not give it to us. Also I think, this new game would have been better in 2-D not 3-D.

MK vs DC wtf? like Aquirri said, that really IS bizzare. I can kind of picture some epic matches though.
Katana vs Wonderwoman
Raiden vs Flash
(That four armed guy) vs Superman

And honestly, the vibes and morals they portray are completely different too... i.e...
Wonderwoman: Behold, my lasso of truth! (ropes someone)
Scorpion: Get over here! (stabs with a spear, and blood gushes out)

The MK aspect of the game won't help much either if there are no fatalities. That's pretty much what makes MK what it is. No one plays MK to simply fight.

Ey, but anyways. There doing this because they think the weirdness of this combination will intrigue people. It will probably do a good job too. I think it would have been better though if they had Street Fighter VS Mortal Kombat. :3 There has always been kind of a rivalry between the two fighters and with Capcom interfering, they could produce the 1st decently deep MK game.

Mortal Kombat I and II were the only highs of this franchise, they were great, but it has been going downhill since quite a while.

No fatalities, they don't want to rip Batman's head off!.

I think Smash Bros. had a good deal of influence on all those crossovers lately, and I'm enjoying it greatly.
The original Crossover series was and always will be... X-Men vs Street Fighter. (unless there was something earlier ??). Well, XSF is the first one I know of anyway, and the final Marvel vs Capcom 2 was quite the game to behold...

MK vs DC is a bit... late to the scene. I welcome it, although I doubt it will be ranked anywhere close to the Marvel vs Capcom series or Super Smash Brothers.

I'm just curious, how the hell does Marvel vs Capcom fit in my mind so well... while the most friggen obvious "counter" DC vs MK... doesn't >_> I guess I just need to see the DC characters as cartoons or something.

The original Crossover series was and always will be... X-Men vs Street Fighter. (unless there was something earlier ??). Well, XSF is the first one I know of anyway, and the final Marvel vs Capcom 2 was quite the game to behold...
The King of Fighters is technically a crossover series, although the older fighting games it crossed over were never really established in their own right, so I doubt anyone identifies it as such. However, the first Street Fighter and Marvel mix was Akuma being included in X-Men: Children of the Atom as a hidden character.

Having said that I can't say that I care, or have ever cared much about Mortal Kombat.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mortal Kombat was the shittiest fighting game line ever; the only good thing about it was the fatalities and the fact that it tends to show up fairly often in trivia night. Maybe this won't carry on the tradition of sucking, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

But no fatalities? Wtf?
Agree completely. Always hated Mortal Komat. No fatalities is because the DC universe has this whole "never kill" thing going I think.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
The only good thing i think could come from this is if it spurs some sort of Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

that or something ridiculous like Soul Calibur and Star wars.

wait.
Capcom doesn't have the rights to Marvel anymore, thus Marvel vs. Capcom 3 won't ever happen until Capcom decides to buy the rights to Marvel again.

But as far as DC vs Mortal Kombat is concerned, I'll share the same sentiments that I've seen in this thread already... MK games suck, and have always sucked. I hope for the sake of Batman that the MK team doesn't continue the suckiness trend.

I hope the Mortal Kombat guys aren't working on this game. :\ I mean yea I bought Deadly Alliance, and liked the story shit going on, but the fighting engine sucks and was too simple. And glitchy at times...

But anyway, this looks pretty interesting, since I actually do give a shit about MK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)