Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I have another question. I've hit my delay twice in a row, did all of the elm calls until my target frame, but when i pick up the egg, the frame is always advanced by 1 more. But when I called Elm, what he said matched up with what he was supposed to say for the frame I was on. When I exited the pokegear, and talked to the daycare man as fast as i could, the product that was hatched was one frame higher. For example if it was supposed to be on 18, the product was on frame 19. So...Do I have to subtract 1 from the amount of calls I have to make or something? Because this happened twice, and it can be the NPC, but if it is the NPC, I should just save again, and try again right?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have another question. I've hit my delay twice in a row, did all of the elm calls until my target frame, but when i pick up the egg, the frame is always advanced by 1 more. But when I called Elm, what he said matched up with what he was supposed to say for the frame I was on. When I exited the pokegear, and talked to the daycare man as fast as i could, the product that was hatched was one frame higher. For example if it was supposed to be on 18, the product was on frame 19. So...Do I have to subtract 1 from the amount of calls I have to make or something? Because this happened twice, and it can be the NPC, but if it is the NPC, I should just save again, and try again right?
yup subtract 1, if your desired spread is on frame 18 then make calls up to frame 17 then stop and pick up the egg to advance it by 1 and your product will show up on frame 18 (this assuming the NPC didn;t move between the time you left the pokegear and spoke to the daycare man).

That's it. Even if the NPC don't move, the starting frame of the egg is still 1 and that means that after you get Elm's response from the 17th call you pick up the egg. That's all.

I have a question i was able to rng a shiny egg whismer but then i began to have problem with the iv spread. when i tried to hit the delay i would make the first six calls(the frame was 7) to check if it was the right seed. i dint get the seed so i did nine calls and used the search elm feture. i found the delay i hit but it had skiped to elm responces (ex. kkkkkkkkk would be the elm responces i needed and i would get ppkkkkkkk ) but the time would be corect so i used the other delay option on pika timer and got the delay (with the two extra elm responces) so i decided to go for it i didnt get the right ivs but there not bad. i hope someone could help me understand what i did wrong. I also hane another problem since my first atempt(above) i have been trying to see if i can do it faster i found a good seed for the shiny egg(B50F0315) then i use the seed to time and set the date and time on my ds and prepare pika timer i then go through the proses and make my elm calls but i cant seem to get any elm calls near the delay i need (using the elm search function) i have tried a few difrent seeds and difrent times for the same seeds but get no result any help would be apriciated and sorry for the wall of text but i cant figure it out

yup subtract 1, if your desired spread is on frame 18 then make calls up to frame 17 then stop and pick up the egg to advance it by 1 and your product will show up on frame 18 (this assuming the NPC didn;t move between the time you left the pokegear and spoke to the daycare man).
That's it. Even if the NPC don't move, the starting frame of the egg is still 1 and that means that after you get Elm's response from the 17th call you pick up the egg. That's all.
I thought that was the issue. I'm getting myself a HP Grass Flawless Charmander today ^.^ Thank you!

I haven't had trouble RNG breeding in a looong time.
But now.. AUGH!
Using the Shiny Egg tab on Time Finder (I already know how to do it)
But when I try to match up my coin flips, (I'm going for 2010 06 12, 23:36:16, with a delay of 602) I get insane stuff like 2010 06 12 23:36:08 with a delay of 534!
Why?? I am getting the right second for sure!

Hello Need help with pokewalker abuse

Question
How do figure this out?

Question 2
Can someone explain to me a simplier way if my frame will produce a pokemon with the nature I want?
Sorry for the repost but I really need this information

Also I noticed when go for certain seed, if I hit my seed I get the same nature as I previously did, will this always happen as long I hit my seed?

I want to RNG the roamers in HG, and I want to make sure I understood. With JavaRNG, I've found a nice IV spread :
3540916513F 46f43bca (TIMID, ability 0) 31/22/30/31/31/31 (Seed: a21504f7 Frame: 240) HP ICE 70
Then I choose the seed to time finder, and I have to input the location of the two roamers left, but how do I determine that? Do I use their location right before I save, or is there a way to determine where they should be if I it my seed? I'd need help to clear that up.

I haven't had trouble RNG breeding in a looong time.
But now.. AUGH!
Using the Shiny Egg tab on Time Finder (I already know how to do it)
But when I try to match up my coin flips, (I'm going for 2010 06 12, 23:36:16, with a delay of 602) I get insane stuff like 2010 06 12 23:36:08 with a delay of 534!
Why?? I am getting the right second for sure!
I had a similar problem when I first started RNGing. It turns out the cause was that PikaTimer was running way faster than it should have. To confirm, simply set PikaTimer to some high wanted second, sych it with your DS, and compare your DS clock to the timer at the end. So, for example, if you set your timer to, say, fifty seconds, when the timer ends your DS clock will only be at around 42. If that turns out to not be the problem then I don't know what is causing it.

I had a similar problem when I first started RNGing. It turns out the cause was that PikaTimer was running way faster than it should have. To confirm, simply set PikaTimer to some high wanted second, sych it with your DS, and compare your DS clock to the timer at the end. So, for example, if you set your timer to, say, fifty seconds, when the timer ends your DS clock will only be at around 42. If that turns out to not be the problem then I don't know what is causing it.
Nope, I tried a different stopwatch and still had the same problem.

in pokemon emerald, is it a 50-50 chance of getting a split spread of the same time when breeding. or is it more of a chance to get one than the other?

having an rng problem. Im trying for a nonshiny egg using the method where you use a random TID and SID to find a shiny egg, which hatches nonshiny in your own game. So i find the seed, hit the seed and advance the frame to 4 (1 call to joey and reject one egg) but instead of hatching adamant it hatches careful. Any reason y this is happening?

I'm not really sure why you got a careful egg, but you don't need a SID or an OT to get a non-shiny egg. The thing about any seed at all that is not shiny, it works on any game because it's not shiny.

As for getting the careful egg, did you put your seed in the first window of RNG Reporter and use breeding DPPt and verify that a careful egg would show up near your adamant one? Next time, try that and see if you maybe went one frame too high.

having an rng problem. Im trying for a nonshiny egg using the method where you use a random TID and SID to find a shiny egg, which hatches nonshiny in your own game. So i find the seed, hit the seed and advance the frame to 4 (1 call to joey and reject one egg) but instead of hatching adamant it hatches careful. Any reason y this is happening?
The Joey calls don't advance the frame that determines the nature/shiny-ness of an egg, so you probably just hit frame 2 instead of frame 4.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Joey calls don't advance the frame that determines the nature/shiny-ness of an egg, so you probably just hit frame 2 instead of frame 4.
actually it does and for more evidence here's a post by Wichu

When you battle it, i.e. Route 25 (or Burned Tower if you KO it at Route 25).

Actually, calling certain people does advance the IRNG. Calling Youngster Joey when he doesn't want to rematch you (i.e. any time apart from Monday daytime) does the trick for me; I believe it works with any person who can rematch you. Each call advances it by 2.

Is there any way to change my frame (or something) to make it more likely for a Calm nature to be produced with Happiness taps under 500?

When I RNG the pokewalker, does it matter how many pokes I catch as long as the target (in this case a Surfchu) is in the right spot?

As in x/Surf/x?

That seemed to be the case when I tried to get Brave Boomlax; I transferred 2 pokemon at the same time, but the first slot still ended up being brave with the predicted IV spread.

actually it does and for more evidence here's a post by Wichu
I think Joey only advances frames when you are trying to capture a pokemon (i.e. Method K or 1). The frames for nature/ability/shininess are only advanced, one at a time, when you receive or reject an egg. Not even Elm calls can advance the frames (I have confirmed it. I called Elm 10 times to verify my seed and I still get the shiny egg with a desired nature/ability even though the egg is at frame 1). I don't think there is a way to skip through eggs in HGSS as of now.

But of course that's different from the frames for Egg IVs as Elm calls will affect Egg IV frames.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)