Muddy Water

Hi there! This is my first RMT here, and i want show you a particular team. I'm so tired of weather teams that contains the same Pokèmon and have usual strategy, for example standard Weathers, and i think that you're tired too. So, my intention was to build a different Weather team: funny to play, and competitive. Yeah, i'm talking about Double Weather team. No Tyranitar + Abomasnow, but Tyranitar + Politoed. Together, these two Pokèmons are terryfing. I've tested this team for a week, and this is the result. It's a very fast team, so you have to finish the match early, continuing to press the opponent with switchbacks and other stuff. Let's see.

At a Glance

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast​

Ok, let's start. There is no much to say, he summon the Sandstorm, and place the Stealth Rock, that are important for success. Chople Berry for take less damage to Fight Moves, and win 1 vs 1 with some Pokèmon, such as Reuniclus. Crunch is the main STAB, Pursuit trap Latwins, especially Latios that could be boring for the team. Fire Blast is useful against steel type Pokèmon, such as Ferrothorn.

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Perish Song​

The second weather summoner. He summon the Rain, so power of fire moves are halved by 50%, and it's useful for the entire team. I've choose the Scarfset because he can spam fast Hydro Pump that deal lot of damage at other Pokèmon, Ice beam mainly is for dragons that can be a problem and OHKO them, Encore can be sinergic with other members, because we can trap a Pokèmon in a move, and he repeat that move 4-5 times, and i can do all i want, even boosting with Landorus. Perish Song is a very boring move for Smashpass or Statupper, because they're forced to switch and take damage for the Stealth Rock. Latios it's very boring for him, so that's why Pursuit on Tyranitar is useful, we can trap him and spam Politoed's Hydro Pump to deal damage.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald​

Need a spinner, so i choose Starmie. His 361 speed is dangerous for other Pokèmon, and i can use Rapin Spin fast. I choose the Bulky spread for resist to move such as Tornadus-t's U-turn and recover easy. Scald is boring because it's a STAB move and also has a burn rate of 30%, it means that we can burn about 1/3 of the time. Ice Beam for hit unboosted dragons.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Trick​

Ok, 4th Pokèmon, i present Jirachi. It's a very boring Pokèmon, due to his high hax rate, and i mean Iron Head's flinch. Opponent can ragequit if you always flinch his Pokèmon, so it's fantastic. This time, i decided to use the Scarf set, for some reasons, first of all Genesect. We outspeed him and kill with Fire Punch, and it's a good thing because Genesect it's a very dangerous threat of BW2, and we have to kill him faster. U-turn it's a fantastic move, and allows me to keep up the pressure on the opponent, switching to another pokèmon that can be a threat for him. Also, we can outspeed Tornadus-t, and deal some damages with Iron Head with an high flinch rate and hit him again. It's a very useful move. Trick it's my favourite move on him. I can switch my item to a boring Pokèmon, and lock him into a move. It's useful against stall teams.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast​

In BW1, Landorus was a very powerful threat in Sand teams, due to it's ability Sand Force, that boosts it's Earth and Rock move, but in BW2, he gain a new ability: Sheer Force. Due to this, Landorus can be used in any team, without the need to put in Sand Teams, because it can be used also in Sun. Sheer Force, removes the recoil of Life Orb at moves that have secondary effects. Modest Landorus it's a powerful threat in BW2, at the beginning i used the Substitute + 3 Attacks set, but this time Rock Polish replaces Substitute, and with a +2 boost in Speed, i can kill a lot of Pokèmon with the Stealth Rock support. Hidden Power Ice for dragons and Focus Blast to complete the coverage.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 56 SAtk / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp​

Rotom-W is very sinergic with the rest of the team. I can use Voltswitch to scout the set or see what switch can the opponent do on him, and burn. Rotom-Landorus it's a sinergic duo, Volt Switch than boost with Landorus if he's a trouble for a pokèmon that the opponent have into field. Pain Split is the recovery move, at the right moment, it's dangerous. 252 SDef allow me to take lot of special attack, and i can recover with Pain Split. 192 HP is the Leftovers recover point. Hydro Pump is the main stab.

Export to text

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SAtk / 192 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Encore
- Perish Song

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Trick

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 192 HP / 56 SAtk / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Hi there, this is quite an innovative team, congrats for that.
So let's get down to business, this team has some problems against Keldeo, he can set up pretty much against everyone then proceed to rape you, here I don't think Ice Beam on Starmie is really that useful, since you already have scarf politoed with Ice Beam and Scarfrachi, why don't you try Psyshock over Ice Beam? This way you gain a solid check against opposing keldeo, and also another help for Amoonguss who can be quite troublesome.
I would also consider Thunder Wave over Wow on Rotom-w to slow down fast sweepers for Landorus if he hasn't rock polished (par also gives you a 25% free chance to setup, which can be valuable)
Hope it helped, good luck!

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi, not much to say as this is a pretty solid team!

What I can suggest is changing up Landorus's spread into one of 68 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spe to give the maximum bulk with all the speed you really need with a Modest nature. I would also suggest switching up Starmie's spread a little, to one of 244HP / 40 Def / 224 Spe Timid to give overall more bulk, just enough so you can outspeed Gengar and Latios with ease and hit them hard with either Scald or Ice Beam.

Good luck!

Emvee

Banned deucer.
Keldeo wrecks this team. You need Psyshock on Starmie over Ice Beam. Also, I don't really see the point of having Tyranitar when the majority of your other Pokemon thrive in the rain.

Don't put Psyshock over Ice Beam, that's a stupid idea. How will you counter Chomp, Landorus, Gliscor etc.
Put Psyshock over Recover, the amount of times you'll use Recover is ridiculously low, as Starmie can't really tank it like most Recover users, it gets OHKO'd alot.

Thanks all for the rate! Ok, let's start.

Psyshock on Starmie it's a good idea, i've done some damage calculation for Keldeo, and that's the result:

Detailed Result:
4 SpAtk Starmie Psyshock vs 4 HP/0 Def Keldeo: 58,33% - 69,44%
Entry hazards damage: 20
After entry hazards: 209 - 245 (64,51% - 75,62%)
2 hits to KO
And for Amoonguss max SDef max HP:

Detailed Result:
0 SpAtk Starmie Psyshock vs 252 HP/0 Def Amoonguss: 54,17% - 63,89%
Entry hazards damage: 54
After entry hazards: 288 - 330 (66,67% - 76,39%)
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
or this Amoonguss:

Detailed Result:
0 SpAtk Starmie Psyshock vs 244 HP/32 Def Amoonguss: 51,63% - 61,4%
Entry hazards damage: 53
After entry hazards: 275 - 317 (63,95% - 73,72%)
2 hits to KO (with Leftovers)
So, Psyshock it's a good idea, in fact, i have ScarfToed, and in a lot of situations vs Amoonguss or Keldeo, i haven't a real response against this two guys, so i'll try Psyshock over Ice Beam, thanks TSS.

Tyranitar in this team is really useful. He can trap Latwins, and Politoed with Ice Beam, doesn't OHKO them, while Tyranitar with Pursuit can OHKO. but it's not only this, in fact, i can keep up the pressure against Sunny teams, for example vs Saur, removing the sun will not activate it's ability, and i can flinch with Jirachi or deal lot of damage with Politoed's Ice Beam (obviously i have to drag him in the OHKO range).

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Politoed Ice Beam vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Venusaur: 53,64% - 63,58%
Entry hazards damage: 37
After entry hazards: 199 - 229 (65,89% - 75,83%)
2 hits to KO
Detailed Result:
252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs 4 HP/0 Def Venusaur: 42,05% - 50%
Entry hazards damage: 37
After entry hazards: 164 - 188 (54,3% - 62,25%)
2-3 hits to KO
And this is the damage output with Garchomp

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Politoed Ice Beam vs 248 HP/0 SpDef Garchomp: 88,78% - 105,01%
Entry hazards damage: 26
After entry hazards: 398 - 466 (94,99% - 111,22%)
68,75% chance to OHKO
This is the Bulky SD, but..

Detailed Result:
252 SpAtk Politoed Ice Beam vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Garchomp: 103,91% - 122,91%
Entry hazards damage: 22
After entry hazards: 394 - 462 (110,06% - 129,05%)
Guaranteed OHKO
this is OHKO'd.

also, thanks PDC for the Landorus EV spread, i'll use it.

Hi, nice RMT and cool grafic here!

I used this combo only once and I found gastrodon being the most useful member.

You can use it over rotom-w, you'll fix your problem with keldeo.

GL, with your team!

Firstly, ive never been a huge fan of the whole dual weather thing, however its probebly really fun to use. ive never used it myself and never had problems against it, as its harder to abuse two weathers than just one. but anyway i like your team and it looks strong. now onto the rate!
Breloom behind a sub is a nightmare for your team especially when jirachi and lando are gone (and he is still very bad for your team whilst they are alive! Keldeo too is a huge threat as his Hydro Pumps are benefited by your own Rain. Aswell as been able to OHKO Tyranitar as you try change the weather to sandstorm. To rectify this you could run psyshock on starmie over ice beam (which your probebly sick of hearing) or you could run ThunderPunch over trick on Jirachi. (Ino your dismissing the idea, but it also helps against gyarados that could be awkward after Rotom dies, and also against Tornadus-T that is abusing your own rain. I use to run the same Jirachi but with ThunderPunch and trust me the extra coverage can be handy. I still do recomend psyshock on starmie though)
Your team isnt exactly SR week either so maybe a more offensive starmie Ev spread with a Life Orb or Expert Belt? So say Hydro Pump, Psyshock, Thunderbolt/ Ice Beam/ Rapid Spin, Recover? The extra damage output will really hurt a lot of threats to your team, aswell as another poke that is firing off rain boosted Hydro Pumps that are very hard to switch into. Other than that i think there arnt many (any that i can think of) alterations that wouldnt ruin the feel of the team, or the idea and foundations behind the team.

I hope this RMT helps, and good luck with the team!!
Look forward to hearing how it goes!

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I agree that you should put Psyshock on Starmie over Ice Beam. It's not doing nearly as much to dragons as you would hope because you have no investment in your SpAtk, and it gives you a great answer to Keldeo. It also helps against Tentacruel and Chansey. You have answers to dragons in your Scarf politoed and Jirachi.

Additionally, your team could have problems with SubCM Jirachi, so I suggest making Landorus Timid. I understand you have Rock Polish boosting your speed and you can OHKO Genesect with Earthpower with Modest, but losing out to + speed base 100s isn't worth the extra power.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)