XY Doubles My Doubles TR team! Peaked at #53

So this team has been working great, but it can definently work better. I'm open to suggestions of switchifjing pokes out but really would like to keep dusclops. Enough talking... the team!

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

This guy is a standard TR sweeper. One of his best qualities being that he is a great counter to cresselia and slow psychics that can hurt TR teams. He also is extremely slow outspeeding Heatran in a TR. Not a special member of the team but usually ends up sweeping at the end, cleaning up pretty well.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Night Shade
- Confuse Ray

I LOVE using this guy! He is a great trick room setter, is immune to fake out, cripples with will-o-wisp, gives free moves with confuse ray and finishes KO's with night shade. Bisharp and knock off (or the two combined) are probably his biggest problems. My opponents tend to ignore him and end up paying dearly.

Cresselia (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Reflect
- Helping Hand
- Psyshock

The second trick room setter. I open with this guy much less than dusclops due to him not resisting fake out. She does however, have the mental herb that can get your TR set up through the taunt if thats going to be a problem. Helping hand works well especially with heatran's eruption.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch

This is a really standard conkeldurr set that basically is on my team to remove kangaskan and bisharp. I find that other pokes would probably be better than conkeldurr but his ability to remove threats life kang and bisharp is too valuable to give up.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Eruption

I end up opening with this guy a lot because he's the only one able to protect while dusclops or cress set up my TR. This guy is a great sweeper especially if your opponent ends up sending in a zard y and putting up the sun so that your eruption wrecks at full HP. He ends up being essential to forcing fire types out as they pose quite a threat to this team.

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch

Finally the premier sweeper of this team... Mega Mawile! After a swords dance mawile will take down just about everything in its way. Under the trick room it outspeeds about everything and even if it dosent trick room takes care of it. With support from cress helping hand its incredibly hard to take this beast out.

There you have it, my TR team! I really need suggestions for how to improve this team so please help me out! Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Hey, Qwertypops! I always love it when I see a person have success while using Trick Room (that being the only DOubles team type I play) and I especially like your team. However, there are just a few things I've noticed, and perhaps most importantly, what happens to you if Trick Room goes down?

• On many Trick Room teams you'll see a really quick, powerful Pokemon like Keldeo or Talonflame that are used in case Trick Room goes down and the team is in trouble. Known as a safety net, these Pokemon can save your life if you run out of TR turns and need only a few KOs to win. I suggest you add one, and my suggestion is to replace Escavalier with Talonflame. Talonflame is a Pokemon who works well both in and out of Trick Room, with priority Flying-Type moves allowing it to move first either in or out of it. Not only does Talonflame add another more deadly dimension to your team, it also would seriously alleviate your team's trouble with Fire-Types, as it both resists Fire and would be replacing a 4x weak team member. Its only real job is to fire off Brave Birds in order to A) take out already weakened Pokemon inside of Trick Room B) take out serious threats outside of Trick Room, and C) to KO as many Pokemon as possible. I have a sample set at the bottom of the post if you'd like to try it out.
  • This is more of a gimmick, but I've had great success with it: on Cresselia, replace Reflect with Skill Swap. Honestly, if your team really needs the Reflect, don't do it, but I cannot tell you how satisfying it is to replace Mega-Kanga's Parental Bond with your cruddy Levitate. It is honestly one of the most fun things you might ever do in a match.
  • If the only thing your Conkeldurr does is remove Mega-Kanga and Bisharp, and since your team lacks Fake Out support for your setters (even though Dusclops is Ghost-type it can still be severely damaged by a strong Knock Off to start the match) I suggest you replace Conkeldurr with Scrafty. Scrafty can provide the valuable Fake Out support and is a decent abuser of Trick Room, carrying coverage in Drain Punch, your own STAB Knock Off, and Ice Punch that is only resisted by Azumarill (and Marill, if you wanna get technical.)
  • Dusclops, while extremely good at what it does, has many flaws. Despite its enormous bulk, it lacks any offensive presence and is basically useless if its Eviolite has been Knocked Off. This is why I'd like to suggest that you replace Dusclops with Chandelure. In the set I'll list below, you don't need to worry about Knock Off, because it will already have utilized its Focus Sash, and with proper Fake Out support, you should have no trouble getting Trick Room up. Also, Chandy has the added bonus of being a strong offensive presence, being able to "fire" off powerful Heat Waves and Shadow Balls before inevitably fainting to make way for your Trick Room abusers.
If by following these suggestions you feel that your team's playstyle and balance become, well, unbalanced, then by all means, do not follow my suggestions. I recently had an RMT done and one user suggested multiple changes to me, which I implemented and then found that I couldn't win anymore. If you feel, however, that your team can still function well and that you can still win, by all means, follow my suggestions.

Thanks for reading the RMT (wall of text, I know) and please keep me updated on whether or not it works for you!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- U-turn

Scrafty @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Chandelure (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Trick Room

Thank you both for the suggestions! Kyle Cole lol "some guy with a weird name" but i ended up using all your suggestions on my team with safeguard on cress. I now use two different TR teams, one with Hailshines suggestions and the other with KyleColes.

Hi! Just so you know I'm going to be adding on to KyleCole's suggestions, so here we go!

Anyways, this team looks good! However, one thing I noticed was how KyleCole suggested Hitmontop > Conkeldurr. However, I don't really think that's necessary. Now that you have Intimidate on Mawile, you already have Intimidate support, and Dusclops also has Will-O-Wisp to deal with physical attackers. As such, I'd consider Hariyama > Hitmontop. Haryiama not only gives you the same great Fake Out support as Hitmontop, but it also brings much more offensive pressure for this team, allowing you to better take advantage of the Trick Room turns. Also, because you now have a lot more offensive pressure with Haryiama, I think it'd be ok to go Assault Vest > Life Orb / Choice Band on Escavalier, considering it already has a lot of Attack and the extra bulk can come in handy a lot. Finally, I actually think that Night Shade > Seismic Toss is preferable considering the only real Normal-type in Doubles is Mega Kangaskhan, which just gets burned by Will-O-Wisp anyways, and Night Shade allows you to get off some damage against Pokemon such as Chandelure, Mega Gengar, and Gourgeist.

Anyways, here's the Haryiama set:

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Detect
- Knock Off / Ice Punch

(There are actually a whole bunch of other options for the last slot, including Feint, Rock Slide, and Wide Guard. You can even switch out Protect if you'd like. I'd experiment and find what works best for you :])

Hi! Just so you know I'm going to be adding on to KyleCole's suggestions, so here we go!

Anyways, this team looks good! However, one thing I noticed was how KyleCole suggested Hitmontop > Conkeldurr. However, I don't really think that's necessary. Now that you have Intimidate on Mawile, you already have Intimidate support, and Dusclops also has Will-O-Wisp to deal with physical attackers. As such, I'd consider Hariyama > Hitmontop. Haryiama not only gives you the same great Fake Out support as Hitmontop, but it also brings much more offensive pressure for this team, allowing you to better take advantage of the Trick Room turns. Also, because you now have a lot more offensive pressure with Haryiama, I think it'd be ok to go Assault Vest > Life Orb / Choice Band on Escavalier, considering it already has a lot of Attack and the extra bulk can come in handy a lot. Finally, I actually think that Night Shade > Seismic Toss is preferable considering the only real Normal-type in Doubles is Mega Kangaskhan, which just gets burned by Will-O-Wisp anyways, and Night Shade allows you to get off some damage against Pokemon such as Chandelure, Mega Gengar, and Gourgeist.

Anyways, here's the Haryiama set:

Hariyama @ Flame Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Detect
- Knock Off / Ice Punch

(There are actually a whole bunch of other options for the last slot, including Feint, Rock Slide, and Wide Guard. You can even switch out Protect if you'd like. I'd experiment and find what works best for you :])
Holy cow, did I really miss Intimidate on Mawile? I am so sorry, that really is an important thing.

I'm also interested to know how the playstyle differs between your two Trick Room teams, and which one seems to work better for you? I'd love to compare RMTs with other people!

I tried out the hariyama and i do prefer it over hitmontop, i kept the life orb on excavalier due to the fact that his main utility has been cleaning up at the end of the game and usually kills everything before they hit back. I find that Kylecoles team works better consistently but i find myself in games where i go, "I wish i had that talonflame" or "that chandelure would work great". thanks for all the help though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)