XY Doubles My First Doubles! (Peaked 1579 #57)

This team was kind of a shot in the dark. I made it not knowing what to expect and was rewarded quite a bit :), but definently needs work. If somone would give some suggestions that would be great.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
-- This guy fills the role of priority killer quite well in doubles. He can take heat wave from heatran, and KO back with drain punch getting the health back. Not much more to say about him, he's sort of a standard conkeldurr :P

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
--Now here is one of the powerhouses of the team! Kangaskan fills a huge role with the parental bond fake out and sucker punch. Return is there to nuke most pokes and with a power-up punch his sucker punches are just silly. He works well in tandem with Shaymin-Sky, which I will get to in a moment. The 12 speed is for beating out other kangs who run the same spread.

Shaymin-Sky @ Focus Sash
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Protect
- Earth Power
--This guy is great with flinch hax, in fact, he's basically a super fast togekiss! Seed flare is great on this set because of the special defense drops that allows him to wreck them afterwards. The last two moves are coverage. If you want to, especially with the sash, you can run modest to hit harder if you want.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Earthquake
-- Intimidate support time! Gyrados is a good switch in for many of these pokes, softening physical blows with intimidate and just being his bulky self! After a DD he's quite the offensive force that can fire off waterfalls to smash them down.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield
-- Alright so now we have our basic aegislash, it's quite simplistic to use and the kings shield keeps your opponent on their toes! The priority is key to getting those sash-user kills and in general really. The sacred sword checks quite a few threats like heatran and tyranitar nicely, if you don't think you need them lefties you can switch for weakness policy.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
--This guy is more intimidate support, and makes for a great killer that can force out pokes. He usually ends up as a pretty good lead. He'll survive throughout the whole game a lot of the time,

--So... Now i'm looking for ways to make it better! I usually end up opening with gyarados and landorus or kang and shaymin. Both pairs have great synergy and work well to decimate lead pairs! Now if conkeldurr isn't working for you, you should definently switch to a heatran. I think you can guess the generic set with leftovers, heat wave, etc. He works well with this team as well! Anyways thx for reading and I hope it helped!

Last edited:
Thx! I played a couple battles with this and won quite easily! I was new to doubles so not the best decision to leave out protect. :P The teams define toy working better now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)