My first offensive team that got me a rating of over 1500 on Official Server

And still going strong. I made this team two days ago and it got me from 100 to over 1500 in one day ,I went with a different account called Burst Limit. Hopefully I'll see how this team fairs against Smogonites. So without further ado I present team Burst Limit!

@ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature(+Spe, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Explosion
- Psychic

The most important member to this team IMO. Azelf has the potential to knock out three pokes on the opponents team whilst giving SR support. If there is a ScarfGengar I beat it, if there is a sash gengar I still beat it unless it uses Hypnosis. Against Bronzong I just do what I am supposed to do and I just set up SR. If hypnosis misses then I try to get as much damage on it as possible. This can be a nice switch in to nonscarfed infernape if the sash hasn't been used yet since if they sash is used I definately can't survive any of MixApes attacks but enough about MixApe. The point is that Azelf uses SR, gets saved by sash and does as much damage as it possibly can. If it can't do much it asplodes doing lots of damage with those 16 Atk ev's lol. I beleive that even though I have 16 Atk EV's I should still be able to at least 2HKO the standard Bronzong since most carry Lum Berry now.

Hasty nature

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EV's: 112 HP/184 Atk/212 Spd
Adamant Nature(+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Explode

Metagross is my Deoxys-E, Weavile and sometimes Gengar counter. I run Meteor Mash on it to do more damage on bulky pokemon like Cress and Suicune but Bullet Punch would allow him to be my Gengar counter. Pursuit is for Deoxys-E trying to switch out. Earthquake hits lots of pokes hard and I explode when low on health. The EV's make Metagross kinda bulky. My personal favorite thing about this set is that I am protected from harmful status like burns which makes explosion pretty powerful. I think he can take a jolly Garchomp outrage with SR up. But yeah Bullet Punch is sounding better over Meteor Mash to me right now.

EDIT: I went with bullet punch to beat Gengar to the punch, pun intended

@Choice Band
Ability: Sand Veil
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Fang

CB Chomp can do lots of damage once he gets an attack off. Especially outrage. Outrage is only resisted by steels. The steels are most likely to be damaged by Azelf with the exception of Skarm who many people don't use anymore and plus Lucario can draw it in while it gets taken out with SR Damage and Aura Sphere doing about 90% on shoddy. Anyway back to Garchomp. EQ coming from this guy is the strongest in OU. Stone Edge is for Zapdos and Fire Fang does a lot to Bronzong who can argueably be tough for this team to get by.

@Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV's: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

This guy has swept so many teams it isn't funny. DD on a predicted switch to something like Starmie and watch as their Starmie is OHKOd by EQ. Then I can begin my sweep. With SR weakening the opposition 1 dragon dance is usually enough to sweep an entire team. The moves get very great type coverage. The EV's let me outspeed all base 115 pokes after a single dragon dance. He counter Lucario and Heracross. Yep DDLO Gyara there is the beast that almost everybody is weak to. Even me. My best shot is to switch in Deoxys-E while it Dragon Dances and take it out with T-Bolt the next turn.

@ Choice Specs
Ability: Steadfast
EV's: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature(+SpA, -Atk)
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- HP Ice
- Dark Pulse

Ahh, SpecsLuke how many people use him on their teams? Not very much. If it had Nasty Plot it would be very dangerous Nasty Plot plus stab vacuum wave. But the reason he is here is because he catches people off guard and he is somewhat of a special sweeping wall breaker being able to knock out physical and special walls really helps my team and combined with Gyara and Garchomp they can knock out all of my opponents defensive core. HP Ice is for Zapdos and Gliscor switch ins. Dark Pulse is for Cress. vacuum wave picks off Weavile and Infernape(though it won't take out Ape). Aura Sphere does lots of damage. I honestly don't beleive why more people don't use him. I mean his SpA is higher than his attack.

@ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature(+Spe, -SpD)
- Psychic
- Superpower
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

My late game sweeper. It provides lots of type coverage and it's pretty fast. I gave it 252 Spe ev's to outrun Jolly ScarfChomp. It still gets that 2HKO on bliss too. Since most of the opposing team is weakened he can usually get the job done right. Not much else to say though. Everybody knows what he does.

Well there you go rateeee.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42671

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42328

etc. etc. I could post more I'm sure

Hmm, where have I seen Stealth Rock lead type pokemon followed with Garchomp/Deo-E/Gyarados/Lucario as the "core" and then something along the lines of a Gengar, Metagross, etc? I'm being sarcastic obviously, but this team isn't exactly undocumented and you can easily refer to the rates of similar teams to find any problems your team might have.

I mean, there isn't much to rate about it, it can compete well with the current metagame and has proven success obviously. Congrats with your success with it, but I just can't see much help being offered to a pretty proven team

To actually offer some help, Agiligross with Agility/Meteor Mash/Ice Punch/Earthquake pretty much just wins, as long as it has support of a Gyarados counter. It kind of makes me think a Bronzong over Metagross could go a ways as it completely walls that type of Metagross, can offer your team some Hypnosis support because an offensive team with any kind of free turn can really do some damage (Gengar is always so popular because it has speed, power, and can create free turns with Hypnosis), you can still run Explosion to catch things off guard, and can actually take on Gengar better than Metagross could (and still take on Weavile and Deo-E just fine). You don't need Stealth Rock which can open it up for an Earthquake/Hypnosis/Gyro Ball/Explosion type setup. Earthquake works wonders on Bronzong if you know your opponent is carrying Heatran and can predict his swap in.

That is because there aren't many offensive staples in OU well there are but the best are usually used because they simply are the best which describes why those other offensive teams were so successful.

Hmm... Bronzong could work but I beleive that I need more offensive power and I already have plenty of resistances to switch around. But I'll consider it. Thanks for the rate ^_^

EDIT: Woops forgot to comment about Agilicross. It could definitely work. I'll test it out. Thanks again.

Change the text color on Azelf and Metagross: it's very hard to read if you're not prepared.

That aside, suicide leads are incredibly popular nowadays, and rightfully so. Fine job on Azelf. Just look out for anti-suicide leads.

I'd chose Bullet Punch on Metagross. One of the best sets for Meta. Beats Gengar as well as Deoxys. But what is the speed for? I'd make him bulkier to tank hits better.

If Stone Edge is bugging you with accuracy, go for Crunch on Garchomp. I would change the nature to Jolly, but that's your choice.

Only thing i could suggest is go for bullet punch over meteor mash on Metagross,as it always strikes first.

Err if you wanted to keep MM then try a quick claw for a chance of striking first :).

Honestly, there is no point in posting offensive teams unless they are unique and creative. This is basically husk's original team with a few replacements that fill the same niche (Azelf over Aeordactyl). As said multiple times, its how you play the offensive teams that matter, not the components of them. There isn't much to change because the team can win against any other given team as long as you play properly...

Well almost all offensive teams look like Husk's. Husk didn't define what an offensive team is xD. Yeah it does look like Husk's team but I really just wanted to try out some pokes I rarely use and I've been wanting to make an offensive team for a while now.

but what's the point of posting this if every other offensive team is just like it?

also, what's the point of posting telling people not to steal it when it's practically a spin-off of husks astral projection team? and even if you argue that it isnt, it's pretty damn close, just like the rest of the offensive teams. I'm with ToF here.

okay, I missed that you conceded that the team looks like astral projection, which actually seems kinda like more reason not to post it.

edit: since apparently I can't tell you that this team wasn't worth posting without it being considered as spam (which is true I guess), I'll take a stab at it. well, scarfgross can fuck you up if played with an ounce of sense, killing pretty much all of your pokemon, which is rather unfortunate, as it means agiligross can do pretty much the same thing with meteor mash / tpunch / eq, so long as garchomp takes a teensy bit of damage. it also doesn't help that he can come in on half your team with a little bit of prediction. you can run a resttalk bronzong (who I find myself suggesting in pretty much every teamrate these days, and is actually a great pokemon) over metagross, but then of course you don't get the ability to trap gengar and deoxys, though you can at least come in on them. it does also give you a switch into yachechomp, who could also fuck you up a bit lategame. the downside? you lose a huge amount of offensive capability, which is NOT something you wanna do on teams like this. I mean, you could go the unique route and do something like resttalk lo bronzong, but then you lose out on the ability to really take on garchomp, but I guess that's not so bad. resttalk zong deserves a test at least imo, just to help remedy a few of your big problems.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Can we stop discussing similarities between this and Husk's team? It very well may have been inspired by Husk but the teams are quite clearly different and debating otherwise is just spamming up the thread.

I do not want to cause any flaming here but your "Permission" statement is pretty much unwarranted if you did not come up with the offensive team idea yourself.

Other than that, nothing much else is there to say about this team except that it is strong packs a punch like most offensive teams, and the physical portion of this team can be walled heavily by Weezing (with haze, t-bolt, WoW, flamethrower)

Thank you Lee.

Weezing only is a threat when it can get in. Otherwise it is 2HKOd by Garchomp, Lucario usually takes it out, Metagross explodes, Azelf psychics and so does Deo-E.

The reason I put that permission thing there is because I've noticed that people always use teams that do well that have been posted on smogon. I just didn't want anybody trying to use my team that I admit looks like Husk's but is mines nonetheless.

EDIT: Oops yeah for the physical portion it is a prob.

Only thing i could suggest is go for bullet punch over meteor mash on Metagross,as it always strikes first.

Err if you wanted to keep MM then try a quick claw for a chance of striking first :).
-_- quick claw=hax item=banned.

not sure, but hasty/naive might be better for azelf since you run explosion. idk what difference it will make.

Alright. I started using this team on Smogon. It started off on a losing streak but now its moving forward with a rating of over 900.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)