My Tyrunt centered LC team

I really want to get good at LC because it looks like it has a lot of cool strategies, so I watched Freezai’s video on how to make LC teams and this was the result https://pokepast.es/0a1492ac7b36962b

The Leads- usually if the opposing team doesn’t have a Mienfoo i lead Grookey with fake out and knock off as well as grassy glide and u-turn so it’s pretty similar to Mienfoo in its job as an offensive pivot. And if the team does have a Mienfoo i lead with my Mienfoo, and you might notice I’m running inner focus because it thinks it’s really funny when a mon with fake out expects to flinch me only to lose their precious item as I use knock off (idk if regenerator is better as I know it pairs well with u-turn)

Tyrunt (which is very appropriately named disco fever)- Tyrunt appreciates burn support from koffing so it can set up dragon dances, normally at least kill one if not two opposing Pokémon with ice fang to surprise ground types and close combat to take on Ferro seed and Onix as well as the very common pawniard.

Koffing- as I said earlier koffing provides burn support for tyrunt. It’s given painslpit because I’ve found Eviolite koffing can take a lot of hits and since switching is very common painsplit provides a decent way of healing and thunderbolt and sludgebomb are just coverage moves (you could also run flame thrower)

Pawniard- the classic rock setter with Berry juice to feel back to full after taking a big hit it can com times revenge kill with sucker punch and use it right before dying, and iron head for the occasional fairy type

Diglett- Earthquake and Finalgambit and Suckerpinch oh my sounds like a fast pokemon who can deal good damage. This set is usually run with air ballon but I wanted to run kings rock because if you use beat up it adds up to around a 50% chance if it hits 6 times to flinch, hence the name bootleg jirachi who usually likes to flinch with iron head.

thanks for reading and leave a reply letting me know what I can improve.

Colin

formerly BeardedDrakon
is a Tiering Contributor
LCPL Champion
Hey, this team is almost good, however there are a lot of set and spread changes that range anywhere from mandatory to personal preference.

:tyrunt: - While adamant Ice Fang to OHKO Trapinch after a boost and SR is an underrated set, speed tying with scarf Porygon is a yikes. It is far more common for Rock Blast (beats larvesta, sash/sub abra), or Thunder Fang (OHKO's Staryu after boost and rocks (favorable range otherwise), and hits Frillish hard) to be run, both with a jolly nature.

:grookey: - LO is fine here, but if I were to keep it I would run Protect over Fake Out to protect against Trapinch. In spite of LO being a good option here, I prefer to run Eviolite with either U-turn as a pivot, or SD to be a setup sweeper on this build.

:diglett: - You are evil for running Kings Rock Diglett. Jokes aside, this isn't a good set at all, and here Diglett would prefer to run Eviolite with the moveset of EQ, Beat up, Memento, and Rock Slide. The goal of this set is to trap things, particularly Mareanie and Larvesta, for Mienfoo and Grookey, as well as using Memento to ensure that either Tyrunt or SD Grookey can get safe setup even vs teams that carry Will o Wisp Koffing. It runs the spread of max speed jolly, 1 HP, 1 SpDef, and rest in attack so it can live a non LO abra psychic which is really useful to stave off Shed Shell Abra once.

:mienfoo: - This runs max speed to tie opposing Mienfoo, Natu, and more, and it runs max Def with leftovers in SpDef and Regenerator to pivot into a variety of attacks and heal them off.

:koffing: - Big smog is more customizable than Mienfoo, but it most popularly runs 1 stat point worth of each defense, and 2 stat points worth in SpA and speed with a bold nature. In this particular team, I suggest you use Fire Blast over Will o Wisp, with the toss up slot being Thunderbolt, which can stay T bolt, be Thief to maintain eviolite, and Will o Wisp like you use for insurance vs Tyrunt and occasional extra setup opportunities. Thunderbolt is less important here since you have a Diglett to trap Mareanie, and you need Fire Blast to hit steel types.

:pawniard: - the set is fine, but it most commonly runs the spread of 2 stat points worth in attack, 1 in defense, 3 in SpDef, and 2 in speed with a careful nature.

I advise you seek further teambuilding help in the LC discord, since it is active and the RMT forum in a LC context isn't really, and the discord is faster to get help in.

EDIT: pokepaste https://pokepast.es/fb14ee75d2d5e4e0

You forgot the names in the edit, jokes aside thanks a lot since I’m new to LC this really helped :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)