move 2: Roost
move 3: Hidden Power Flying
move 4: Toxic
item: Eviolite
ability: Magic Bounce
nature: Timid
evs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 196 Spd

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Natu can also run an effective FeatherDance set in order to defeat common hazard users, such as Dwebble, one-on-one, since the hermit crab fails to do over 65% with Stone Edge after a FeatherDance, while Natu can, then, use Roost repetitively and stall it out. Ferroseed's Gyro Ball won't do over 26% after the attack drop as well, while Tentacool's Scald will not be able do do over 40%. Those are the most powerful attacks that hazard users can use against Natu. Therefore, the Tiny Bird pokemon will have an easier time against other hazard users. FeatherDance is also exceptionally useful against the multitude of Fighting-type Pokémon on the metagame, such as Timburr, Mienfoo and Croagunk. After a FeatherDance, Timburr's Payback will do only 60% max, assuming Natu switches on a Bulk Up, while other weak attacks such as Mienfoo's Payback or Croagunk's Ice Punch will do even less. The only Fighting-type Pokémon this set cannot defeat is Scraggy, but it cannot defeat Natu if it switches-in after. Additionally, Pursuit users such as Stunky and Munchlax have no hope at beating Natu. Stunky will do a meager 34% maximum after a FeatherDance, and if the Natu user successfully predicts a Crunch and switches out after lowering Stunky's attack, the skunk Pokémon is turned into setup fodder for another sweeper such as Shell Smash Omastar or Dragon Dance Scraggy. Hidden Power Flying is a STAB move that is useful for chipping away at Ferroseed, Shelmet and Fighting-type Pokémon, while Toxic cripples walls such as Lileep, Hippopotas and Slowpoke, who can't do significant damage to the psychic bird.</p>

Additional Comments
  • FeatherDance is the crux of this set, lowering offensive capabilities of foes like Dwebble, Ferroseed, Dark-type switch-ins such as Scraggy and much more.
  • Toxic cripples Hippopotas, Lileep, Munchlax and other walls.
  • U-turn, however, is good for keeping momentum, scouting and avoiding Pursuit users.
  • Psychic and Hidden Power Flying are attack options and both are STABs that hit Fighting-types super effectively.
  • Psychic is stronger in most cases and OHKOes Gastly switch-ins.
  • Hidden Power Flying, on the other hand, hits Scraggy much harder and hits Ferroseed neutrally.
  • Hidden Power Fire hits Ferroseed for a 2HKO, and also hits Magnemite pretty hard.
  • EVs give Natu 23 HP, meaning that it gets an extra HP point when Roosting, while also maximizes its Speed, being useful against Dwebble / Mienfoo. 76 Defense EVs are for an even Defense number, meaning an extra point in Defense after the Eviolite boost. The leftovers are dumped into Attack for a stronger U-turn.

Teammates and Counters

• Magnemite resists everything barring a Hidden Power Fire and can OHKO with Thunderbolt.
  • Gastly can hit hard with STAB Shadow Balls, but can't switch-in directly on a Psychic.
  • Chinchou can also tank anything Natu can throw and hit back with Thunderbolt; it can also use Heal Bell to negate Toxic.
  • Staryu can shrug off anything Natu can throw, doesn't care about Toxic thanks to Natural Cure and can chip away with Thunderbolt or Ice Beam.
  • It might have more counters, but I can only think of those as of now.
  • Scraggy is a good partner, since it can sponge hits from the aforementioned pokemon and setup, while Natu can counter Mienfoo effectively.
  • A Chinchou of your own is a good partner as well, because it can easily handle Magnemites and Chinchous that tend to switch in Natu, while the latter can still deal with the former's counters such as Ferroseed and Lileep.
  • I need help at mentioning more Teammates as well.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
e_m uses it and he said that he beat stunky AND scraggy with it

I run 196 HP instead of the SpAtk/SpDef, it lets you hit 23 HP which gets you another HP when you Roost. Anyways I'm not 100% positive about U-Turn but this set is soooo fun/'good'. Max speed is definitely important to outspeed as much as possible, notably Dwebble I guess.

(For posterity I've found that the most reliable set is FeatherDance/Roost/HP Flying/Toxic, at least for me... Toxic can be slashed with all the other stuff but I think the HP Flying is almost mandatory.)

Anyways for teammates, a Chinchou of your own can easily take on Magnemite and Chinchou that will switch into Natu, also it can keep Natu healthy with Heal Bell (Scald can be a bitch, but it can usually just switch into the Scald users so Natu doesn't have to!) Natu totally walls Lileep and Ferroseed for it, so the synergy goes both ways I guess.

Stamp 1/2?

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd give Staryu a mention because he doesn't give a shit about Toxic due to Natural Cure, doesn't care about Attack dropping and has super-effective Thunderbolt or Ice Beam to smack you with! Oh and also has Recover to get back what he lost to HP Flying.

metsrule158

Don't disturb him on his break.
is a Contributor Alumnus
choice scarf scraggy OHKOs Natu with eviolite with one crunch doesn't it?

pokemon that can set up entry hazards are good teammates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)