NBA discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
inb4GlenDavis

--------

Man it pays off to have a big guy that can shoot the jumper. That was a pretty good game. I almost fell out of my seat when Paul Pierce passed the ball with 3 seconds left =o.

True dat.

If Wright wanted the foul he should FOULED him, bumping a big dude like Melo is gonna do jack shit. He should have just grabbed him as soon as he touched the ball or something...
Well it may have not been a strong foul but it was a foul I saw it live and if it wasn't then the league claiming that it was is just plain stupid, because 2 hours after the game its to late to change anything. However i wouldn't be surprised if Josh Howard kills somebody if there is another stupid call, Heck i was surprised they were able to hold him down after the game... Oh and dont get me started on Mark he was having a tantrum.

I hate Glen Baby Davis for killing the Longhorns while with LSU. I love him for winning a game and shoving a kid out of the way to celebrate.

im pretty sure my heart stopped for that second the ball was in the air when big baby shot that...

WHAT A WIN!

I'm sorta scared of the Cavs now. Not even the Celtics can beat the Hawks at home two times in a row o.o"

Nuggets might just steal the West this year.

Cavs.....my god. They won't sweep the Celtics or Magic but still, this is some scary shit. They've won every game so far in the playoffs by at least 10 points. None of these have even really been close. This is just ridiculous.

Yeah the only "good" thing about that game was that the score was close. It was the most miserably boring close game I think I've ever watched.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cavs.....my god. They won't sweep the Celtics or Magic but still, this is some scary shit. They've won every game so far in the playoffs by at least 10 points. None of these have even really been close. This is just ridiculous.
That's what happens when the East from 4-8 is weaker than it's been in a decade, and when LeBron James is allowed to travel.

I think a healthy Rockets team would beat Cleveland in 7, but they're...not.

I'd still take a healthy Boston over Cleveland; Rondo is a bonafide superstar and the bench would be better by far.

Unless Dwight Howard averages 40 and 20, they're not winning. Of course, Dwight Howard could average 40 and 20, so yeah.

Denver may stand a chance; Melo is great, Billups is clutch, they play with a lot of energy, and Smith can go for 40 any game.

LA's getting swept even if they get to the finals; no heart, no toughness, no swagger = no rings.

Magic went 2-3 vs Cavs during regular season and went 2-2 vs Lakers....

If anything they need Hedo Turkoglu to start playing better. Also, I like how Celtics can barely top Magic by 1 point on a day when Rafer Alston and JJ Redick combine to shoot 2-14 lol.

And do you think the Rockets are the greatest team in the world or something? Or are they just your home team? >_<. And yeah I agree with you but a healthy Celtics would win it all. No lineup out there would be better than Allen/Rondo/Perkins/Pierce/Garnett, especially with Rondo grabbing rebounds as if he's a Center.

Also I think you're just a complete Lakers hater. Lakers will not get swept by the Cavaliers. They may lose(I don't even think that) but not swept. You have to remember that the Lakers just dominated Cleveland during the regular season(Winning by 10 in Cleve when Kobe= sick).

Anyways GO MAGIC WIN AGAIN DAMNIT. And also GO LAKERS. GO LAKERS VS MAGIC FINALS. C'MON.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
For that dude who told me joe johnson/lebron wasn't a bad consolation for wade/lebron, do you think wade wouldn't have won at least one game? and that wade wouldn't had gone on a scoring binge? oh well, at least we'll have years to see this.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Magic went 2-3 vs Cavs during regular season and went 2-2 vs Lakers....
"regular season"

Regular season matchups really mean jackshit; the playoffs are almost a different game entirely than the regular season.

If anything they need Hedo Turkoglu to start playing better. Also, I like how Celtics can barely top Magic by 1 point on a day when Rafer Alston and JJ Redick combine to shoot 2-14 lol.
And if Rondo/Allen/Pierce were playing near their normal level the Magic would be going home tonight; their two wins have been in spite of their big 3, not because of it.

And do you think the Rockets are the greatest team in the world or something? Or are they just your home team? >_<. And yeah I agree with you but a healthy Celtics would win it all. No lineup out there would be better than Allen/Rondo/Perkins/Pierce/Garnett, especially with Rondo grabbing rebounds as if he's a Center.
The Rockets are the best defensive team in basketball (and nobody is really close tbh, not even Cleveland), and we know what wins championships. Frankly, that team reminded me a bit of last year's Celtics, with a bit less offense, a bit more defense, 3 big time scoring threats versus an elite post threat and a versatile 2 way player. Battier has *owned* Kobe for a stretch now. They've also successfully contained LeBron. Not to mention they have a very good coach, good shooters everywhere, and they would have arguably the best C (Yao = Dwight at least) in basketball.

Defense and bigs win rings. `

Also I think you're just a complete Lakers hater. Lakers will not get swept by the Cavaliers. They may lose(I don't even think that) but not swept. You have to remember that the Lakers just dominated Cleveland during the regular season(Winning by 10 in Cleve when Kobe= sick).
"regular season"

The playoffs are a different animal, and soft teams do NOT win in the playoffs. Period. The post-Shaq Lakers are soft, inconsistent, mediocre defensively, and lacking in heart. Teams like that do not win championships, EVER.

inb4Boston

------------------

Well played game on both sides (Well not really Orlando just really fucked up at the end). Celtics prove that they dont need Kevin Garnet to win big games. Though he would've been very useful. Cavs win east, Nuggets win west. My predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)