ORAS OU Nerves of Steel ft. Mega Scizor - Remade

Nerves of Steel ft. Mega Scizor - Remade

Introduction

Greetings everyone, this is Bulma, and this time I am showcasing a team I have made a while ago, but now I made a new version of it. The playstyle of the team is still pretty identical, bulky offense, but I felt like the older version was a little outdated.
I would be honored if you would take the time and make an opinion of my team, as it needs some improving to be more effective.

With that said, I'll start listing the members of the team and their respective movesets. Enjoy!

PS: Those Gen V sprites are sweet AF!

Team Details

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

What an amazing Pokémon Mega-Scizor is! I have enjoyed using it so much and it has proven so effective on my first team, I just had to use it again on the new version of the team.

Contrary to the more popular bulky Swords Dance set, my Mega-Scizor runs a fully offensive set.
The reason why I decided to keep the same set for him, is because of the bigger firepower and speed he has. Speed is definitely the key here, especially against some mons I absolutely despise to face (yes Rotom Wash, I hate you, you haunted washing machine).

The set is pretty straightforward, max attack and max speed with an Adamant nature.
After a Swords Dance, Mega Scizor can 1HKO or 2HKO most of the metagame with only Bullet Punch.
Bug Bite is also a powerful move when counting the effect of Technician, and helps hitting annoying mons such as Mega Venusaur, (Mega) Slowbro, Amoonguss, Tangrowth, Hippowdon etc. harder than Bullet Punch does.
Finally, Superpower is there to hit incoming Heatran, Keldeo and steel types.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

A dragon on your team is always a good idea, especially if it's as glorious as Kyu-B!

Kyurem-Black serves as my first, and mixed wallbreaker on the team, and also creates a nice core along with Mega-Scizor, being able to take out mons that Scizor cannot touch, such as Gliscor, Landorus-Therian and bulky Garchomp by using Ice Beam.

Earth Power helps me dealing with Heatran, Bisharp, and haunted washing machines.
Fusion Bolt and Outrage, although not being invested much in attack, still hit very hard, helping me out against bulky Water types and the latter with Chansey.
It is kind of risky using Outrage, as my opponent could easily switch into a fairy type mon, completely stopping it, or just into a steel type and KO Kyu-B with a STAB move.
I initially had Iron Head on my last slot, however since I had means of defeating Clefable and Diancie, I switched it.

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

How I love this sweet and innocent looking bunny!

But yeah, he's actually far from innocent. He is terrifying and he alone makes stall tremble in fear.
Azumarill serves as my second wallbreaker on the team, and he rounds up the trio core of extremely hard hitting mons. Azumarill also helps me out against Keldeo and Mega Charizard X, who can be a problem for my team.

Moveset is standard, EV's are also standard. So yeah, Azumarill is a very handy addition to my team.

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Just like Azumarill, pinky is also an innocent and cute looking fella, however I cannot stress the importance of Mew enough on my team. The reason?

My team, as it is right now, gets high jump kicked to death by Mega Medicham and Mega Lopunny.

Mew is able to check both of those threats, and use Will-O-Wisp to render them useless. Apart from that, Mew also serves as a bulky defogger on my team, to get rid of Stealth Rock.

Finally, to round up this set I have decided to use Volt Switch for some momentum.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

I love this thorny fucker lol.

And again he lands on my team. Ferrothorn serves as my Spikes setter and a general annoyance to my opponent. Along with Heatran, he creates a very awesome core, as they both have great synergy with each other.

He serves as a check to Manaphy (who is terrifying and I hope I'll never have to face one), Excadrill + Hippowdon, Mega Gyarados etc.
Leech Seed is necessary on every Ferrothorn set, as it adds to the haxiness while continuously getting HP back.
I also chose Chople Berry as the equipped item for Ferrothorn. The reason why I did was so that Ferrothorn would be able to tank at least 1 very powerful fighting type attack, such as CB Tyranitar's Superpower, Mega Medicham's/Lopunny's High Jump Kick, Mega Alakazam's Focus Blast etc and KO them with Gyro Ball.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Finishing up my team, is Heatran, my Stealth Rock setter, who along with Ferrothorn completes the core.

This is the standard set for utility Heatran, nothing unusual about it except that, instead of Lava Plume, I am using Magma Storm. I like the nifty effect of it being able to trap mons and not letting them escape.
Taunt + Toxic shuts down defensive cores, most notably Chansey and Skarmory.

Heatran also helps against Mega Charizard X without Earthquake, who is also a huge threat to my team.

Don't really know what else to add. I tried to be as detailed as possible and I hoped it worked out well.

Threatlist

I honestly hate those two dearly. They hit just about half of my team super effectively and can most likely sweep me. I have to keep Mew healthy in order to beat them.

Satan is up and well and he's here to come and get me. Zard X is really horrifying to face and can sweep me once it gets to +1. Versions with Earthquake are even worse.
Same goes with Zard Y, Heatran dies to 2 Focus Blasts and Mew cannot take repeated Fire Blasts in the sun.

Not very common but still a nightmare to face. Pretty much GG once it gets a Swords Dance up.

There might be even more but I just mentioned the few I seem to have the biggest problem with.

Importable

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Ferrothorn (M) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

That's about it everyone! I hope you liked my team and I would like to thank you all in advance for taking the time to read this.

Every suggestion, criticism or improvement of my team is gladly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Bulma from Dragon Ball :heart:

Hey Bulma, seeing that u got a problem with MMedi and MLop, u can try changing ur mew spread to this one
Mew @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 112 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost
- Volt Switch

it counters them all day long. It can also eat latios draco, but u need to roost after that

Hello punyakoko, thank you a lot for your suggestion! I think your EV spread is way more effective than my previous one, seeing as this one tanks attacks from both sides now, especially against the nuisances who I shall not name :P.

Thanks a lot once again :heart:

hello bulma, solid team.
I as one find the team overthrown by both choice scarf excadrill and birds. Rotom wash > Band azu can be used to deal with birds. The team has a pretty reliable way of beating stall. I would go for a Defensive landorus-therian with 0 speed evs and 27 ivs to outslow other lando and check excadrill and zard x. The item of choice is rocky helmet. Going for taunt > defog on mew would be preffered to further help vs stall and defog is not required as this is a spikestack.

Hi Bulma from Dragon Ball,

I really like your team. I'll post a rate on your team as soon as I get back. So with that, please be sure to check back on my comment, thanks very much ^^

P.S. I agree with punyakoko and vsomani's suggestions. Your team is probably better off with a good wall like Rotom-W, to better handle bird spam. I also believe replacing Azumarill is for the best as you already have powerful wallbreakers. BRB.

Last edited:
Hello there vsomani and Anime_Fan, I thank you both for your suggestion and I will try them out. I do agree, I think Rotom Wash will be a better replacement for Azumarill, seeing as it could also help me out against my Mega Pinsir weakness.

And I'm looking forward to your rate as well Anime_Fan ;)

✧✧✧Hello, Anime_Fan here✧✧✧

My apologies for the late reply, but I'm finally ready with your rate. First of all great job on the team, It has a really solid build and counters many top threats. Furthermore, the team has immense offensive power, so it does well against defensive teams. I also like your use of an offensive Mega Scizor as that set isn't commonly used. That said, as great as your team is there are some minor holes that need patching up. I'll tell you more on that later as we read through the thread ^^

Your Team Before:

Threats To The Team:
  • Offensive pressure does a number your team, particularly because every member is slow.
  • Magnezone and Magneton are major threats to the team due to their ability. They trap and KO two very important members.
  • Common weather sweepers, as well as wallbreakers, can ruin your team's defence e.g. Mega Charizard X and Y, offensive Excadrill, SD Bisharp, and CB Tyranitar. Fighting-types with utility, dark or fair coverage can also be troublesome at times.
Solutions You Can Try:

[Minor Changes]
Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb

Mild Nature
Ice Beam
Earth Power
Fusion Bolt
Iron Head

I recommend running Iron Head over Outrage, as it allows Kyruem to quickly KO annoying fairy types like Clefable. Outrage is very risky and can be taken advantage of during battle. The remaining moves are the norm so its best to keep those as they are.

Note: A Choice Scarf variant can be used to revenge kill and score surprising KO's against faster threats. Examples include Tornadus, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Diancie and even a Choice Scarf Landorus-T. Anyhow, I would personally run that set because your team is vulnerable to faster attackers. That said, you can do without using a Choice Scarf user as your team has priority Bullet Punch, as well as speed control via Thunder Wave.

[Minor Changes]
Heatran (M) @ Leftovers

EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Magma Storm
Earth Power

Taunt
Toxic

Earth Power is important because forgoing the move will leave it vulnerable to many threats. It also helps to beat Mega Charizard X, opposing Heatran, as well as Volcanion. The EVs were changed to better suit a more offensive Heatran.

Note: I've added a bulky Pokemon to your team, so Heatran can afford to go without the added defence.
_____

[Big Changes]
Clefable (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
Calm Mind
Moonblast
Soft-Boiled
Thunder Wave

After much consideration, I think Clefable is a better replacement over Rotom-W and Azumarill. The reason for this is is that Clefable can play many roles such a sweeper, stall breaker, and even a status absorber. I also like the dragon, steel, fairy core you have on your team. This is another reason to it over Rotom-W.

Anyhow Calm Mind boosts Clefable's special offence and special defensive stats, this makes it a great win con. Moon Blast provides STAB and hits fighting, dark, and dragon-types for super effective damage. Soft-Boiled boost longevity and allows Clefable to reliably counter threats. Thunder Wave is for speed control, which is important as the team is somewhat slow.

Note: Clefable suits this team and performs many roles. It also counters opposing Kyurem-B, as well as many powerful threats like Mega Diancie, and Latios. This set can be used against stall making it a decent stall breaker.

[Big Changes]
Latios @ Life Orb

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Surf
Roost
Defog

Latios can replace Mew because your team has a huge weakness to Keldeo, as well as the elements. Furthermore, Latios can wallbreak for the team and counter Mega Charizard Y. It also provides hazard removal and can lure Tyranitar, Gliscor, and Heatran. Surf is used to punish the aforementioned threats.

Note: Latios can play the role of a wall by protecting against fire, water, and electric-type attacks. Unlike Mew, Latios can damage the opponent.

[Big Changes]
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
U-turn / Toxic
Stone Edge

Landorus-T should replace Ferrothorn because your team has a huge weakness to Magnezone and Magneton. Landorus suits the team due to its typing, bulk and versatility. It is also a reliable counter to many physical walls like Mega Charizard X, as well as bird spam. Landorus-T does a better job of setting up entry hazards because it makes a fantastic lead. Furthermore, Landorus-T does a great job of handling Excadrill, and Choice Band Tyranitar. U-Turn is used to safely introduce its teammates into the battlefield, which is especially appreciated by Kyurem-B (you can switch out against predicted switch-ins like Rotom-W, and use Kyruem-B to KO them). Toxic is an alternative move to run which enables Landorus-T to cripple its counters e.g. Hippowdown, Rotom-W, Quagsire etc. If Toxic is used, then I'd recommend moving the 16 EVs in Sp. Def into Speed. This allows you quickly poison opposing defensive Landorus-T before they can switch out. Hidden Power Ice is another option worth mentioning. It allows Landorus-T to weaken them asap, which especially benefits your physical attackers.

Note: On average the vast majority of well-made teams include a ground, steel, and sometimes a fairy type Pokemon. This is mostly due to their amazing type-synergy. Another tip worth mentioning is the very important use of speed control. Choice Scarf and Priority users are the most popular. I previously mentioned the possibility of running a Choice Scarf Kyurem, however, this team can forgo that set thanks to M-Scizor's priority and Clefable's Thunder Wave. Anyhow back to Landorus-T; a Yache Berry can be used to lure and KO Mega Metagross (if it becomes a problem in the future). That said, a healthy M-Scizor can KO Mega Metagross 1v1.

Your Team After:

Yay, we're almost done (lol). This is what your team looks like after the changes. The recommendations above tackle the weaknesses mentioned above, as well as the following threats i.e. M-Lopunny, Mega Charizard X and Y, and Mega Pinsir. You also have a great status absorber in Clefable, and Pivot in Landorus-T. Anyhow with the changes made, I hope it improves your team's performance in battle. Best of luck Bulma from Dragon Ball ^^

Threats To Watch Out For:

Rain teams are a huge problem and with the changes made, you don't have a reliable counter for them. That said, rain teams aren't very common so this shouldn't be a problem.

Mega Medicham is often annoying to go up against due to its overwhelming power. However, it is weakened by passive damage (Rocky Helmet), and checked by Latios and M-Scizor.

Tornadus-T can also be a huge problem especially if it is the Life Orb variant. Clefable fares well against the AV sets, but it doesn't appreciate being confused or losing its item. Stealth Rock and prior damage are necessary before M-Scizor can 1HKO this threat. Oh and hey, running a Choice Scarf Kyruem also remedies this problem. You could try using SR Clefable and Choice Scarf Landorus-T. However the problem here is that Mega Charizard X and SD Excadrill can potentially sweep.
_____

Team Export:

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Click here to see the team I would use (I'm running Choice Scarf Kyruem-B).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)