new metagame, new team.

introduction
things are a changing, time to make a whole new team for the new metagame, other team could be improved by changes but i really cant be bothered anymore so i made a new one, afterall there is so much to try that wouldn't work with old team, this is the teams second phase (made a change due to hax making one of my pokes near useless).

at a glance

Gengar@ choice scarf
timid: 4hp/252spa/252speed
levitate
trick
hypnosis
shadow ball
focus blast

best leads to have with all the phychic based suicide pokes and set ups, it can either cripple an azelf or a deoxys by locking it into stealth rocks or taunt or cripple a switch in if they expect shadow ball (which means blissey will appear if its there and that ends up crippled), still runs hypnosis as this really isn't keeping the scarf all game so running hypnosis might be handy later on.
this was the only change (ran CM, hypnosis, shadow ball, HP fighting spiritomb in slot 3)

Heatran@ life orb
timid 4hp/252spA/252speed
flash fire
lava plume
earth power
WoW
hidden power [Electric]

where would i be without my bizzare builds hum? anyway the purpose of this is to do some physical pokemon crippling using WoW but also to give the element of surprise, it covers scizor and shaymin-s' fire weaknesses and uses its timid speed to sping a surprise on unsuspecting counters like gyarados and suicune.
timid gives heatran a speed of 278 so to run a comparison to what it gets an edge over.
rather then writing a list i will show key counters and a general overview of what base speed this can counter if the pokemon is running neutral speed
firstly anything up to around base 88 seems to be slower then this heatran which means it outspeeds these key pokes.

Gyarados
Suicune
milotic
mamoswine
of course there are other things like the new rotoms which fall within this but these are listed due to what i run move wise (HP Electric)

gyarados@wacan berry
adament 4hp/252attack/252speed
intimidate
dragon dance
waterfall
earthquake
ice fang

DD gyara, the wacan berry allows this gyara to beat the likes of zapdos who would otherwise ruin its day, it DD on the switch then kills with 2 ice fangs, because of wacans inclusion zapdos won't be getting rid of it itself, this used to be my lead but due to the number of heatran/blissey combos interupting my late game decided to keep it back and nail both.

tyranitar@Life orb
jolly 4hp 252attack/252speed
sand stream
dragon dance
earthquake
stone edge
crunch

another DDer have to run speed nature to get the most out of tyranitar after a dance not much is surviving the hits anyway so might as well pump the speed up to maximum to allow it more of a chance to get that DD, this covers other key pokes zapdos again, as well as celebi, heatran, cress.

shaymin-s@yache berry
timid 4hp/252spa/252speed
serene grace
seed flare
earth power
hidden power [Fire]
air slash

generic shaymin-s moveset not exciting, does run yache to give it a bit of hope of killing ice sharders though, hidden power fire is for any steel type that fancies its chances (scizor, metagross are common).

scizor@Occa berry
Adamant 252hp/252attack/4speed
technitian
bullet punch
swords dance
x-scissor
brick break

yes i know yet another scizor... this one runs riot, IV's could be tinkered with to maximize its survivability i guess, i run x-scissor due to the damage this move can cause to more or less anything that doesnt resist bug, keeps celebi, cress etc out of the way, bullet punch and SD are obvious so i wont bother, brick break is for blissey steels and other pains.

Other notes,
the previous version ran gyara as lead and had spiritomb with a moveset close to gengar (CM instead of trick and HP fighting instead of focus blast) i replaced it because by the time hypnosis acctually worked it was almost dead. with its speed it's not going to get away with misses or switching, the old version (when it wasn't being haxed) could compete with 1600's i have no reason to think this version will do worse, i find this newer version is superior anyway, whats your thoughts on these though especially the heatran, and hidden power types, or just any other general notes or changes.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I hope you realize even with that EV spread an OCCA berry from a typical scarftran isnt going to help it live at all. yache berry isnt going to be doing much for skymin with SR being trivial in todays metagame. I guess wacan berry can work but I wouldnt know or ran calcs to bother with it.

A Modest max special attack Zapdos or Timid with Life Orb will OHKO Gyarados 100% of the time with Thunderbolt, despite the Wacan Berry. So you're still not safe against all forms of Zapdos.

berries are a point i of course want to bring up, wacan i knew worked and will continue to use, i might sash scizor might be better in the long run, other then that, what about the team itself, thats what i want to know about really, item suggestions are always welcome of course.

alright fixed the missing moves, dunno where they went ^.^, anyway i do need some opinions on my chosen 6 more then items currently , i would rather know how my team is poke/moveset wise, items i can mess with seperate

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well this team looks a lot better than your last one. heh

It looks pretty solid but I do see a few weaks. Heracross can cause some harm to this team, but I think with some prediction it shouldn't be to much of a problem. If it's a weird set (MoP in particular), and you over predict, be ready to sacrifice a few pokemon trying to take it down. You could switch your Gyara to a Mence and you can keep it as a Sweeper make it pretty bulky, so it can at least scare off Hera, and roost off the damage from the attack, and from SR.

One last thing kind of bother me. Once you have tricked off your Scarf on Gengar, you are asking for Deoxys-e to come in and sweep you. It has the potential to OHKO your whole team (bar Scizor.) I have 2 suggestions here, make your Heatran bulkier so that it can take a superpower, and maybe change its item to Leftovers. Or you can add a Metagross or a pokemon that can scare away Deoxys. The thing is you have 2 Fire weaks, (3 cause of genars piss-poor defense), and you have 3 "resist." The thing is, Gyarados can only take 2 Fire Blasts iirc with SR up. Tyranitar cannot switch in on any moves other than HP Ice/Dragon Pule/Fire Blast. If it comes on an Explosion/Earth Power, it will survive but it won't have the ability to sweep. And your Heatran can only switch in once before getting EP'd the next time. This brings me back to Salamence who can take a hit, + Sr, roost of damage and then set up. And Salamence/Metagross/Heatran is a very nice combo.

Well that's all I have to offer. I hope you take it into consideration and good luck with the team.
~ Son of Thunder

have you run calcs for that occa berry? heatran is still ohkoing, you're only gonna live through random hp fires that you should be able to predict regardless and that's kinda a waste when you could be getting better damage every time or lefties or something.

i like jolly on ddwacan to beat scarftran/shaymin/aero/slow deoe.. worth it imo! ;D
offensive cmcune a problem maybe... ill add more!

i like jolly on ddwacan to beat scarftran/shaymin/aero/slow deoe.. worth it imo! ;D
It is, I'm glad a teamrater agrees with me :D

I think it's been mentioned but yache on shaymin isn't doing much for you, besides maybe getting a surprise kill on mamoswine or weavile, but I'd rather switch out and deal with them another way than lose power that can help you take out your best counters in some situations.
Take hypnosis off gengar, that 10% accuracy drop kinda made a difference, and Gengar can't really afford to miss usually, and if an offensive gyarados gets a ddance on you, you're screwed but gengar with its scarf on still can revenge kill. Maybe throw in Vaporeon over something?

i'm gonna have to disagree with you there bogmire, earthquake is a great move with awesome coverage, if he's going to replace something for aqua tail it should be crunch, earthquake+stone edge+aqua tail gives perfect coverage and lets you beat pokemon like hippowdon and gliscor

I would definitely run CB Scizor>yours. It is much better and is less expected. Brick Break can be used for breaking screens, but I prefer Superpower to OHKO Heatran switchins while doing more to Skarmory. You already have other sweepers, so you can use Scizor for wall breaking. CB Pursuit destroys Blissey if she switches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)